Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

07/07/13 - Hull FC v Huddersfield Giants - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull FC (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. Voted Huddersfield Giants (8 votes [72.73%])

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hudds drop out agsin.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#42 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:35 PM

Hulls favourite touch judge disallows a try.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#43 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

Hull charge down drop goal, Brough scores, looks like he bounced it.but I darent say that.

16-22

#44 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Hudds knock on.

4 mins left.

#45 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Good grief

#46 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

Game over. 16-22.

#47 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

Thank god for that

#48 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,798 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:42 PM

Some really dodgy decisions throughout that game. Real inconsistency all round.

Any idea what went on with the biff? Hull scored and then there was a huge run in!
Posted Image

#49 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

Any idea what went on with the biff? Hull scored and then there was a huge run in!

Clear knock on from Brough he even gave himself away but for some reason the officials ignored it. Hudds soaked up a lot of Hull pressure in the 2nd, you take yer chances and they did.

#50 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

Not sure with the biff.

Looked like Grix felt particularly aggrieved after Robinson possibly lost the ball on halfway when Yeaman took possession and set up the position from where Hull scored.

Grix flew in as Hull were celebrating but I'm not sure who he was directing his anger at.

There were at least four instances where Hudds looked to have knocked on, but Bentham allowed play to continue. The one in the first half particularly when Brough looked like he was gonna slam the ball down in frustration, only for him to see Bentham waving play on.

I'm no ref basher, but today I thought Hull had every right to feel aggrieved.

Oh well, there's always the cup next week and we're clearly gonna win that 'cos that's what we've been saving ourselves for...

Isn't it?

#51 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

Not sure with the biff.

Looked like Grix felt particularly aggrieved after Robinson possibly lost the ball on halfway when Yeaman took possession and set up the position from where Hull scored.

Grix flew in as Hull were celebrating but I'm not sure who he was directing his anger at.

There were at least four instances where Hudds looked to have knocked on, but Bentham allowed play to continue. The one in the first half particularly when Brough looked like he was gonna slam the ball down in frustration, only for him to see Bentham waving play on.

I'm no ref basher, but today I thought Hull had every right to feel aggrieved.

Oh well, there's always the cup next week and we're clearly gonna win that 'cos that's what we've been saving ourselves for...

Isn't it?

I reckon your alright with that post on the Mods Ref Bashing " O " Meter you would score at least a 4.

#52 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,461 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:06 PM

Much improved performance from Hull and a much better game than Monday's. I thought it was the ideal preparation for the cup game, very physical in intense heat. In the end we were only a fluffed drop goal attempt and the intervention of our favourite touch judge away from winning the game.

I'd like to see some of those decisions again but on first sight I thought Bentham and his officials made numerous errors today.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#53 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

Story from the other camp is a dangerous and illegal shoulder from Ellis on Robinson lead to the turnover so maybe hull got away with that one?

#54 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

Story from the other camp is a dangerous and illegal shoulder from Ellis on Robinson lead to the turnover so maybe hull got away with that one?

Lets face we are both going to disagree but did you miss the charge by Crabtree.

#55 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,146 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

Well I wast there

But I'm sure it was perfectly fair and above board ;)

#56 daz39

daz39
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

From the try that was scored when Robbo was pole axed, Miller shoved Brett Ferres and was goading him over something so Ferres went after him and smacked him  and then it went off !.

#57 daz39

daz39
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

Thought the officials were, lets say, not at their best today - and thats being kind !!. Absolutely no policing of the holding down rule at all,knock ons by both teams let go, markers not square on both teams. 

As for the game, we werent at our best by a long way and i actually said we would need some luck of some kind to win it for us and we got it in the end with the Mcdonnell offside and our last try been given play-on. But if we keep picking the wins up i wont complain.

#58 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

So basically if it hadn't been for the biased ref, Hulls favorite touch judge, endless knock-on from Brough and a fluffed drop goal, Hull would have won, sounds familiar.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#59 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

the intervention of our favourite touch judge away from winning the game.

Good old Tony certainly seems to enjoy being rooted to the spot on the touchline everytime Hull FC score what appears to be a match winning try.

He did it at the Galpharm earlier on this season and managed it again today at the KC.

You don't often see touchies making their mark on games but Tony sure enjoys the limelight when it comes to Hull's games with the Giants.

Here he is in hero mode during a Saints v Wigan clash...

TonyMartinwithidiotsaintsfanonpitch.jpg

#60 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,892 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

So basically if it hadn't been for the biased ref, Hulls favorite touch judge, endless knock-on from Brough and a fluffed drop goal, Hull would have won, sounds familiar.

Aye, you seem to have got it spot on.

Enjoy being a top 4 club and all the benefits it appears to bring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users