Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

07/07/13 - Hull FC v Huddersfield Giants - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull FC (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. Voted Huddersfield Giants (8 votes [72.73%])

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

Aye, you seem to have got it spot on.

Enjoy being a top 4 club and all the benefits it appears to bring.

We are all the same mate, never anything to do with the other team.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#62 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

I rode across the Humber Bridge in a black and white jersey yesterday if that's any good.

I think my doing the same on Wednesday cancelled out your luck-invoking action.

Best thing about today was meeting TonyXIII and having someone nice to talk to during pre-match lunch with RoyBoy and Old Frightful. ;-)

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#63 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

FC lose and it is the refs fault, I thought refs calls evened up over a season?

#64 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,987 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

As there is a bit of a gap now between the top 3 and the rest of the 8 my prediction is that those teams will finish in an order which is the reverse of their fortune in the cup.

#65 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

As there is a bit of a gap now between the top 3 and the rest of the 8 my prediction is that those teams will finish in an order which is the reverse of their fortune in the cup.

I'll take that lol

#66 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

All three to go out?

#67 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

So basically if it hadn't been for the biased ref, Hulls favorite touch judge, endless knock-on from Brough and a fluffed drop goal, Hull would have won, sounds familiar.

Absolutely nothing between the teams apart from the outcome of the two late drop goal attempts. I'd have no fears about playing Huddersfield again in either competition.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#68 DimmestStar

DimmestStar
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

Absolutely nothing between the teams apart from the outcome of the two late drop goal attempts. I'd have no fears about playing Huddersfield again in either competition.

You have played 21 Super League games have won just 9, only 8 legitimately and are 8th in the table.

Huddersfield have played 21 Super League games have won 16, are 2nd in the table and have beaten Hull home & away.

Smell the coffee.

#69 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,772 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

Story from the other camp is a dangerous and illegal shoulder from Ellis on Robinson lead to the turnover so maybe hull got away with that one?

It wasn't a shoulder charge at all. Paul Anderson has embarrassed himself in that post-match interview. Just one of them unfortunate collisions. Robinson stepped as Ellis went in and was a hard hit with the chest.

Those highlights on SLFT and the resulting comments were extremely biased. No showing of the Crabtree shoulder charge 5 minutes later. Or the put in touch after the tackle was complete (happened twice with two different decisions!). Some extremely dubious decisions both ways in that game and I came away from that game feeling frustrated that the game had been spoilt by the man in the middle's performance.

And just to be clear, that isn't me blaming the ref for the loss. It's the same reason we lost last week and the week before - our composure in the opponents 10m is shocking and our record for conceding in the last 10 minutes must be the worst in SL over the last two seasons.

Edited by Wellsy4HullFC, 07 July 2013 - 10:32 PM.

Posted Image

#70 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:31 PM

You have played 21 Super League games have won just 9, only 8 legitimately and are 8th in the table.

Huddersfield have played 21 Super League games have won 16, are 2nd in the table and have beaten Hull home & away.

Smell the coffee.

You saw today's game at the KC I take it.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#71 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,772 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:34 PM

Smell the coffee.

I can smell bitter lemons...
Posted Image

#72 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,038 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

After watching full time today none of Hull FC's tried should of counted. Two blatant forward passes in the build up for Greens and Yeamans tries and it should off been a penalty for the tackle by Ellis IMO. Obviously I didn't watch the full game, but it doesn't appear FC have been done that harshly to.

#73 DimmestStar

DimmestStar
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

You saw today's game at the KC I take it.

No I didn't.

I just looked at the league table after 21 games and compared Hull to Huddersfield. It's more reliable than a single game which by the way....YOU LOST.

What you don't understand is that Huddersfield are competing at the top end having to maintain standards every single week. Teams like Hull can lose to Wakefield, Castleford, take a thrashing at Catalans and then build themselves up for the occasional decent display when a top team comes to town. And in this case lose anyway.

The league table doesn't lie..you're 8th and falling and Wakefield are closing in.

#74 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,879 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

No I didn't.

I just looked at the league table after 21 games and compared Hull to Huddersfield. It's more reliable than a single game which by the way....YOU LOST.

What you don't understand is that Huddersfield are competing at the top end having to maintain standards every single week. Teams like Hull can lose to Wakefield, Castleford, take a thrashing at Catalans and then build themselves up for the occasional decent display when a top team comes to town. And in this case lose anyway.

The league table doesn't lie..you're 8th and falling and Wakefield are closing in.

Bit disappointed in this post, I thought you'd turned the corner.

What Ullman was clearly saying was that, on the evidence of Sunday's game, ie a current form indicator, he'd have no worries about facing Huddersfield again in the cup, if we're fortunate enough to win through to the semi finals after playing Catalans on Saturday in the quarters.

Which, by the way, in your own terms you won't be involved in as YOU LOST in the last round.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#75 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,879 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

FC lose and it is the refs fault, I thought refs calls evened up over a season?

To an extent, according to us mere fans on here.

Why not wait for Adam Pearson to call for an RFL investigation or Peter Gentle to call it a tragedy before you cast your line on here.

(Bite admitted.)

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#76 DimmestStar

DimmestStar
  • Coach
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:52 AM

What Ullman was clearly saying was that, on the evidence of Sunday's game, ie a current form indicator, he'd have no worries about facing Huddersfield again in the cup, if we're fortunate enough to win through to the semi finals after playing Catalans on Saturday in the quarters.

Which, by the way, in your own terms you won't be involved in as YOU LOST in the last round.

Sorry about that but I really do think that Huddersfield current form of 7/8 gives them the edge over Hull's 0/4.

I also think that Hull at home are far better than Hull away.

I do realise that Hull can match anyone on their day but so can Castleford. Cas outplayed Wigan last week but I don't hear their fans saying they don't fear Wigan in any competition.

IMO if you don't fear Huddersfield in any competition then you are seriously underestimating them and with respect yet again over egging your own pudding.

I did not and will not make any boasts at all about Rovers because at 6th place and 4 points ahead of you despite Gansongate I think that it is self evident that we have so far exceeded expectations. We have a tough run in and if we make the 8 (I think we will) then we've done well.

Good luck next week in France.

#77 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,879 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:18 AM

Sorry about that but I really do think that Huddersfield current form of 7/8 gives them the edge over Hull's 0/4.

I also think that Hull at home are far better than Hull away.

I do realise that Hull can match anyone on their day but so can Castleford. Cas outplayed Wigan last week but I don't hear their fans saying they don't fear Wigan in any competition.

IMO if you don't fear Huddersfield in any competition then you are seriously underestimating them and with respect yet again over egging your own pudding.

I did not and will not make any boasts at all about Rovers because at 6th place and 4 points ahead of you despite Gansongate I think that it is self evident that we have so far exceeded expectations. We have a tough run in and if we make the 8 (I think we will) then we've done well.

Good luck next week in France.

A reasonable reply and thanks for the good luck.

We'll need it.

#78 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:51 AM

After watching the tries on Sky Sports Hull can feel very lucky they scored any points at all

Two from huge forward passes and one from a dangerous tackle...

Looks like all the CC quarter finalists were thinking about next week though

#79 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,968 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

To an extent, according to us mere fans on here.

Why not wait for Adam Pearson to call for an RFL investigation or Peter Gentle to call it a tragedy before you cast your line on here.

(Bite admitted.)

lol Adam will be calling for an investigation, into how he is paying all this money out and getting back what he gets back! :biggrin:

#80 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,448 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

Precisely

I don't need anybody's help to read a league table.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users