TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

07/07/13 - Hull FC v Huddersfield Giants - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull FC (3 votes [27.27%])

Percentage of vote: 27.27%

2. Voted Huddersfield Giants (8 votes [72.73%])

Percentage of vote: 72.73%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:23 AM

No I didn't.

I just looked at the league table after 21 games and compared Hull to Huddersfield. It's more reliable than a single game which by the way....YOU LOST.

What you don't understand is that Huddersfield are competing at the top end having to maintain standards every single week. Teams like Hull can lose to Wakefield, Castleford, take a thrashing at Catalans and then build themselves up for the occasional decent display when a top team comes to town. And in this case lose anyway.

The league table doesn't lie..you're 8th and falling and Wakefield are closing in.

I fully understand that Huddersfield are a good team who have had a very good season so far.

I also understand that both competitions are ultimately decided by knock-out football against the best teams. I saw plenty in my team's performance to offer encouragement for what lies ahead. 

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#82 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

After watching full time today none of Hull FC's tried should of counted. Two blatant forward passes in the build up for Greens and Yeamans tries and it should off been a penalty for the tackle by Ellis IMO. Obviously I didn't watch the full game, but it doesn't appear FC have been done that harshly to.

Agree about the forward passes.

That was just a small but representative sample of the standards set by Bentham and his team of officials yesterday.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#83 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,346 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

All three to go out?

They can't all go out at once, though. How about in the event that 2 clubs exit at the same stage, the one higher up the league table will remain higher up?

#84 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

Having seen the challenge by Ellis on Robinson on SL Fulltime,it certainly wasn't a shoulder charge.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#85 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

Having seen the challenge by Ellis on Robinson on SL Fulltime,it certainly wasn't a shoulder charge.

Well, he's copped a ban.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#86 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

Well, he's copped a ban.

Shouldn't have done.

#87 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:07 PM

I'm guessing of course but he's being charged with grade b so I think I'll be right.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#88 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

They can't all go out at once, though. How about in the event that 2 clubs exit at the same stage, the one higher up the league table will remain higher up?

I know.

#89 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

The RFL disciplinary agree with you. The charge is 'striking'. Apparently you can strike an opponent with your chest.

#90 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

Who knows

Ellis copped Robinson on the back of Robbos head with his shoulder

It's pretty obvious without black and white specs on

#91 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:01 PM

How are those black and white specs TWIG?

#92 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

Who said it was a shoulder charge?

It was a dangerous tackle but not a shoulder charge

#93 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

How are those black and white specs TWIG?

The world seems very Zebra like!

#94 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

"Crossing!"

#95 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

I noticed that sensible chap Jamie Peacock was wearing them on last night's Super League Show too.

#96 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

Who said it was a shoulder charge?

It was a dangerous tackle but not a shoulder charge

Paul Anderson

#97 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

Gareth Eliis's spirits are lifted when a mysterious female arrives to take her place on the RFL's disciplinary panel for tonight's hearing....

NMD0HM6_mx.jpg

#98 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

She's never a Hull fan.

No gills for starters.

#99 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

She's never a Hull fan.

No gills for starters.

She did a good job though...

http://www.totalrl.c...l-disciplinary/

:tongue:

#100 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

It wasn't a shoulder charge at all. Paul Anderson has embarrassed himself in that post-match interview. Just one of them unfortunate collisions. Robinson stepped as Ellis went in and was a hard hit with the chest.

Those highlights on SLFT and the resulting comments were extremely biased. No showing of the Crabtree shoulder charge 5 minutes later. Or the put in touch after the tackle was complete (happened twice with two different decisions!). Some extremely dubious decisions both ways in that game and I came away from that game feeling frustrated that the game had been spoilt by the man in the middle's performance.

And just to be clear, that isn't me blaming the ref for the loss. It's the same reason we lost last week and the week before - our composure in the opponents 10m is shocking and our record for conceding in the last 10 minutes must be the worst in SL over the last two seasons.

Given Anderson's remarks regarding the match officials, I wouldn't be surprised if the RFL reacquaint him with their 'RESPECT' campaign.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users