League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

07/07/13 - Hull Kingston Rovers v Salford City Reds - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Hull Kingston Rovers (5 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. Salford City Reds (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Draw (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,545 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Discuss Hull Kingston Rovers v Salford City Reds here.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 Rammo23

Rammo23
  • Coach
  • 200 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

The Robins just need to keep playing with their heads not their hearts stick to the gameplan and get the job done like they have done for the last few weeks keep it up lads

#3 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

I was confident of victory in Toulouse and St Helens but this week I'm treating this as a potential 'banana skin'. Any win will do. We just need to keep our heads down and get a result. Salford will be a bit more confident of themselves after last week's win in London, and with the rumours that the bottom two may be 'relegated' at the end of this season, they'll be wanting to give themselves every chance of finishing as high up the middle order as possible.

#4 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 969 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

KR by how many they can be bothered to win by.

#5 DimmestStar

DimmestStar
  • Coach
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

KR by how many they can be bothered to win by.

Bravo. In very few words you concisely leave us in no doubt whereas HKR AD uses many more to tell us nothing at all.

#6 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

A question for HKRAD (or any other KR fans on here). I'm going to be at this game tomorrow, but I don't have a ticket. There will be a cash turnstile, won't there?

Edited by tonyXIII, 06 July 2013 - 07:18 AM.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#7 SCRseadiver

SCRseadiver
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

An opportunity for Salford to not only get their first double of the season but to have 2 consecutive victories in Super League this campaign.
I hope they stick with Sneyd and Fages in the halves against Burns and Dobson but with McGoldrick certain to be replaced by Gleeson in the centre that may not happen.
First defeat for KR since Gansongate.
These Salford players don't want to appear in the history books for the wrong reasons.They will be aware of how Soward-inspired Broncos have got on in France and Salford need to avoid the wooden spoon.
Prepare to be impressed.
Salford victory.

#8 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,402 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

A question for HKRAD (or any other KR fans on here). I'm going to be at this game tomorrow, but I don't have a ticket. There will be a cash turnstile, won't there?

From a non KR fan who visits once a year you'll be able to pay on the gate for the South 'Stand'. If you choose that option take a step ladder and a pair of binoculars.

If you want to actually see the game it might be a better bet to go in the Well (the small area of terracing in front of the Roger Millward stand). You should be OK to pay on the gate to get in there tomorrow.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#9 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

From a non KR fan who visits once a year you'll be able to pay on the gate for the South 'Stand'. If you choose that option take a step ladder and a pair of binoculars.

If you want to actually see the game it might be a better bet to go in the Well (the small area of terracing in front of the Roger Millward stand). You should be OK to pay on the gate to get in there tomorrow.

Thanks for that.

I'll probably just try and find the other half dozen Salford fans and mingle. ;)

#10 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,402 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

Thanks for that.

I'll probably just try and find the other half dozen Salford fans and mingle. ;)

No prob Tony, I would imagine the other Salford fans will head to the southern terrace.

Or if there's not too many of you, you could ask the skipper of one of the P&O ferries if you can stand on the bridge. You'll get a better view.

Edit - sorry I meant to say 'will flock to the southern terrace'  ;)

Edited by Ullman, 06 July 2013 - 01:24 PM.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#11 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,757 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

You won't have to try too hard, we'll be in the Three Johns.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#12 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

You won't have to try too hard, we'll be in the Three Johns.

So will I, as soon as I can get there from Paragon. Taxi for Tony!

#13 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,028 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

Salford seem to be going well in this one, Noble seems to be slowly turning things around.

hull KR 6 Salford Red Devils 18

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#14 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,757 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:53 PM

Just had a rather excited Tonyxiii on the phone, hope his team can hold out for the win.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#15 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:23 PM

It looks like Salford have improved for 40mins. Next task for Noble is to extend this to 80 mins.

Hull KR sounded is if they wanted to throw it away in first half.

#16 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,965 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

It looks like Salford have improved for 40mins. Next task for Noble is to extend this to 80 mins.

Hull KR sounded is if they wanted to throw it away in first half.

You're right about the 40 minutes thing, but not about KR's first 40. We put them under a lot of pressure and they couldn't cope. We couldn't maintain that for the second half, though, and KR gradually took control. I'm disappointed with the result, but we looked like a team with a bit of spirit in the first half and we didn't give up in the second, so improvement is the name of the game.

At OF. Sorry mate, we just couldn't hang on to that lead, but it was nice while it lasted. :biggrin:

#17 DimmestStar

DimmestStar
  • Coach
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

Good display from Salford today very commited defended enthusiastically and kept the ball alive at every opportunity.

43% completion rate for Rovers in first half was a real killer but in fairness Salford forced some of the mistakes with their enthusiasm.

2nd half more or less one way traffic, 22-0 to Rovers but still Salford kept battling. For Rovers good to get a win from perhaps inevitably, a less intense performance than of late.  For Salford lots of positives in defeat they are not going to just coast through the rest of the season I think.

#18 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

Been trying to figure out how to describe that performance. We must have made more line breaks in the game than any I have seen this season, but in the first half especially we just did not seem to know how to finish it off. We dropped so much ball it was unreal. 

Due to all the dropped ball we allowed Salford to get into the game and gave them some confidence. They got stuck in and scored 3 try's, but I always felt that if we just got a grip of our ball retention in the 2nd half we would be ok.

Happy we kept them pointless in the 2nd half and glad to get the win in the end with the run of games we have coming up that was important. Warrington away, Wigan away, the chumps at home and then Leeds away.

#19 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,757 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

Warrington away, Wigan away, the champs at home and then Leeds away.

Edited, etc.

(Admittedly, not very accurately though....)

#20 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

Edited, etc.

(Admittedly, not very accurately though....)

pmsl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users