League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

07/07/13 - Hull Kingston Rovers v Salford City Reds - KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Hull Kingston Rovers (5 votes [71.43%])

Percentage of vote: 71.43%

2. Salford City Reds (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

3. Draw (1 votes [14.29%])

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 SCRseadiver

SCRseadiver
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

What should not be happening,away from home,is giving any reason to assist the home crowd get behind their team.Salford managed it at the beginning of the game - kick off out on the full - and at the start of the 2nd half - allow ball to hit ground and pick up in offside position. 

Hull KR were beaten,and with their fans ready to get on their backs,at half time.

Mr Alibert certainly gave at least one decision which appeared to have been made when he received advice (?) and the forward passes from both sides were beyond a joke - as was the incessant crowd appeals,liking it to a game at The Provident.

I am almost at the point of giving up on seeing Salford winning a second half in 2013. 

It was possibly because of the heat but a low quality game.

#22 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,396 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

Edited, etc.

(Admittedly, not very accurately though....)

I don't know about you but I just can't see where their next win is coming from...

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#23 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:12 PM

I'm getting pretty good at the prediction lark :)

Salford bossed the first half to the point where we struggled to get out of our own 40. They scored a couple of neat tries and we dropped too much ball and just generally look sluggish. I said to my mate just after the break that I didn't think Salford would score a point in the second half, and considering the terrible first period, it sounded like a bold statement to make.

There were some flashes of brilliance though. We did break Salford's line pretty regularly; Travis Burns did so in the first and Michael Dobson and Craig Hall in the second.

On the face of it we were lucky to get the two points. Thankfully we have a week off now, which is a good thing considering there is a bug going around the club. I'm extremely happy with our league position as well. I think that 2 more wins will cement our top 8 place.

Unfortunately Cory Paterson picked up a ligament injury so is looking at 4-6 weeks out. This is a blow for us but Rhys Lovegrove excelled at left second row in Cory's previous absence so I'm sure we'll go OK.

#24 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,738 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

I'm getting pretty good at the prediction lark :)

Aye, although you said so much without saying anything.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#25 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:47 PM

Aye, although you said so much without saying anything.

Don't be like that OF - you may have a stiff neck but I'm getting vertigo up here ;)

#26 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,738 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

Don't be like that OF - you may have a stiff neck but I'm getting vertigo up here ;)

I was merely quoiting somebody else mate.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#27 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Tut - my mistake. I thought we were heading towards a war of words. Nevermind...

#28 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,738 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Tut - my mistake. I thought we were heading towards a war of words. Nevermind...

As if that would ever happen...you red and white tw@.

#29 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

Touche!! Have a good one, mate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users