League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

07/07/13 - Castleford Tigers v St Helens - KO 3.30pm

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Castleford Tigers (5 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

2. St Helens (8 votes [61.54%])

Percentage of vote: 61.54%

3. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

I'm very pleased to see that Makinson's got a hat trick today, I expect we'll be relying on him more next year with Meli gone so it's nice to see him stepping up.

Tommy Makinson always does step up.  He's great under pressure.  And I'm very pleased for him because he's underrated.

Big Alex has made his impact as well, and I'm glad he scored too as he deserves it as he always works hard.

Phew.  We won! 

#22 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

Tommy Makinson always does step up.  He's great under pressure.  And I'm very pleased for him because he's underrated.

Big Alex has made his impact as well, and I'm glad he scored too as he deserves it as he always works hard.

Phew.  We won! 

Excellent, I didn't see that coming after the first half :)

Makinson tends to step up in the big matches but he doesn't always look that threatening out wide so it's pleasing to see him achieve that today. It shows good promise going forward.

#23 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

Our remaining fixtures are Wigan (H), Catalans (A), London (H), Warrington (A), Warrington (H) and Hull (A). 

It's going to be very tough to get much from them, especially if we don't stop this habit of starting so slowly.

#24 Forever Trinity

Forever Trinity
  • Coach
  • 634 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

Our remaining fixtures are Wigan (H), Catalans (A), London (H), Warrington (A), Warrington (H) and Hull (A). 

It's going to be very tough to get much from them, especially if we don't stop this habit of starting so slowly.

You have Wakey away too on the 18th August

#25 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

You have Wakey away too on the 18th August

You're correct, we have you away and not Warrington. 

I thought it sounded odd having them two weeks in a row when we've already played them twice this year.

Edited by MrFussy, 07 July 2013 - 05:03 PM.

#26 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 783 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:26 PM

Tommy Makinson always does step up. He's great under pressure. And I'm very pleased for him because he's underrated.

Phew. We won!

Bit of a reality check for Cas. Kind of saw that kind of game coming tbh. Won't mention the ref or I will get in trouble....

Good character from Saints after the last few weeks....

#27 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

Excellent, I didn't see that coming after the first half :)

Makinson tends to step up in the big matches but he doesn't always look that threatening out wide so it's pleasing to see him achieve that today. It shows good promise going forward.

It would help Makinson if he actually got the ball passed to him now and again!  When he gets chances he does tend to take them.

#28 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

And to add to that it looks as if Roby has injured his other ankle so he could be out for the rest of the season.

#29 Rover and out

Rover and out
  • Players
  • 99 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Is it true chase and mason were fighting each other?

Edited by Rover and out, 07 July 2013 - 05:58 PM.

#30 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

Is it true chase and mason were fighting each other?

Apparently they had an argument.  I don't know whether they were actually fighting each other. 

#31 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

Apparently they had an argument.  I don't know whether they were actually fighting each other.

Had to be separated by a Saints player according to Radio Leeds. Cas forum members don't seem to be too impressed with what happened.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#32 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

How did young Greg Richards get on? another Cumbrian breaking into super league.

#33 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

How did young Greg Richards get on? another Cumbrian breaking into super league.

Yes he did and apparently gave a solid performance.

#34 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,743 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

Carney is a beast! Turner absolutely bottled it after he saw him knock someone on their arris two seconds earlier!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users