League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

08/07/13 - Wakefield Trinity Wildcats v Widnes Vikings - KO 7.45pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Voted Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (7 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

2. Widnes Vikings (7 votes [43.75%])

Percentage of vote: 43.75%

3. Draw (2 votes [12.50%])

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

This s the second Monday in succession where the skill quality has been awful.
Last week Huddersfield kept giving the ball away this week Widnes can't hold on to it.
We are light years behind the Aussies in basic skills.

Last week Trinity beat Hull.

#62 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,663 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

Last week Huddersfield kept giving the ball away this week Widnes can't hold on to it.

Yep, I was particularly disappointed by Huddersfield's showing last Monday.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#63 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

Last week Trinity beat Hull.

I presume he's talking about Hudds v Catalans.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#64 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,397 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

Is that a Hitler-tache Cockayne is sporting?

More like an Alf Garnett I would say.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#65 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

It could be that SL play a much more expansive and in turn risky games, where as the Aussies play a clinical and in turn very boring game.

Edited by markleeds, 08 July 2013 - 09:06 PM.

#66 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

Was there a bit of crowd trouble? Camera showed some stewards in between, what looked like, some rather angry people whilst that scrum was stopped.

It's time to park the camels.

#67 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

Was there a bit of crowd trouble? Camera showed some stewards in between, what looked like, some rather angry people whilst that scrum was stopped.

It did look like there was crowd trouble and both teams were looking in the same direction until Silverdud brought them back to the point of the evening.  Glad the Sky team didn't comment.  It's not like there is never crowd trouble at rugby league matches.

#68 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

It could be that SL play a much note expansive and in turn risky games, where as the Aussies play a clinical and in turn very boring game.

I'd say that would probably be a fairly accurate description of the differences between the two competitions.  However, by any measure tonight's was a poor game.  The amount of dropped ball was ridiculous and Widnes just cannot defend.

#69 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,589 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

Kirmond is a machine......was hoping he wasn't going to be playing tonight as he looked injured after last week

How he fits the gigs in with the zz top tribute band one can barely imagine
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#70 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

Not nearly as bad as the Wire V Rhinos game at the weekend, now that was terrible.

#71 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 587 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

From where I was the Widnes fans (Approx 30) were goading a group of 5 or so Wakey fans. One in particular seemed to shake hands with the Widnes lot but they kept on at him until he eventually ( and rightly so) hit a rather mouthy Widnes fan. The Widnes lot then set upon him but when the Wakey fans ran in, the Widnes lot hid behind the stewards. I was there as a neutral but thought the Widnes lot were an embarrassment and were very lucky not to get a serious kicking.

#72 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,589 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

From where I was the Widnes fans (Approx 30) were goading a group of 5 or so Wakey fans. One in particular seemed to shake hands with the Widnes lot but they kept on at him until he eventually ( and rightly so) hit a rather mouthy Widnes fan. The Widnes lot then set upon him but when the Wakey fans ran in, the Widnes lot hid behind the stewards. I was there as a neutral but thought the Widnes lot were an embarrassment and were very lucky not to get a serious kicking.

You don't hit people at rugby games whether they are being obnoxious or not
Keeping it local

#73 BBR

BBR
  • Coach
  • 587 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

Sorry but in any walk of life in 30 people are shouting abuse at you, and you have tried to make a joke of it yet it goes on, you are justified in standing up for yourself. I may have read the situation wrong, but looked clear cut to me.

The Widnes fans were pathetic

#74 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,589 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:19 PM

Sorry but in any walk of life in 30 people are shouting abuse at you, and you have tried to make a joke of it yet it goes on, you are justified in standing up for yourself. I may have read the situation wrong, but looked clear cut to me.

The Widnes fans were pathetic

You walk away or get help from the stewards
If you get into something physical you don't know where it's going to lead: and not everyone has the physical wherewithal to get into something like that -what are they supposed to do?
If the stewards aren't up to dealing with it take it further
Nobody has to get themselves into that situation it is very dangerous
Keeping it local

#75 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

On a different subject, where's Viking Warrior tonight? :huh:

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#76 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:10 AM

On a different subject, where's Viking Warrior tonight? :huh:

Hehe, the old sod didn't expect a win and he's unsure of their next win...... I'm hoping they win next Monday though :P

#77 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,023 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

only got back from wakefield lat last night and went straight to bed. we were unbelievably shocking, and deserved to get beat, as for the imbecile fans, they were a bloody disgrace to the club and i hope that the club bans them for life, that said well done wakefield you deserved to win!!
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#78 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

only got back from wakefield lat last night and went straight to bed. we were unbelievably shocking, and deserved to get beat, as for the imbecile fans, they were a bloody disgrace to the club and i hope that the club bans them for life, that said well done wakefield you deserved to win!!

I wasn't at the game as I'm touring with my band, are you talking about Wakey/Widnes fans or both?

The trouble was briefly visible on screen, how extensive was it and what was the cause in your opinion?

#79 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,427 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

I wasn't at the game as I'm touring with my band

How exciting......hopefully you refrained from throwing the telly out the window?

#80 dcc

dcc
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

I was in the north stand and from what I could see there was a group of around 10-15 people wearing Widnes shirts (don't really want to call them Widnes fans) who had obviously had a few drinks before the game had started and didn't stop all game long. Something started with someone in a plane white shirt (I presume a wakey fan, but don't know for sure).

Whatever happened he went to the loudest of those in the Widnes shirts and shook there hands, all seemed fine but thn some from behind started through liquid (booze I presume) at him and other Wakey fans as it was next to the toilets.

They then start out shouting/chanting (I couldn't understand it) but it seem to upset a few wakey fans who then moved out of the area. unfortunately and couple (literally 2-3) idiotic Wakey fans move into the area and thy started chanting back. More stuff thrown from those in Widnes shirts and then the 2-3 idiotic people in wakey shirts and a few of those in Widnes shirts moved next to each other and a few punches were thrown.

The 2 in Wakey shirts who threw punches then walked off and seemingly out of the ground ( they had been stood below the welcome to belle vue council sign- 2 blokes 1 women)whilst security ran into the now almost empty area and tried to stop those in Widnes shirts from heading towards wakey fans. The stewards then had punches thrown at them and around 8-12 from Widnes where separated whilst the rest of their fans got back to enjoying their small comeback.

As ever it came down to a small minority from both sides who had too much  to drink and wanted to act the hardman. Very sad and I hope Wakefield and Widnes can do something about it.

There was a sky cameraman in front of it and started to film it so it should be on camera and around 5 minutes before it kicked off whilst those in Widnes shirts where just ben prats the police helicopter circled th ground and slowed down facing them so I presume they were been filmed.

The idiots were kept in after the match but the tallest one in the Widnes away shirt obviously got out and walked round to the north stand exit and barged into wakey fans whilst he continued his hardman act- I didn't hear or see anybody from wakey respond so I hope it all finished by then.

Edited by dcc, 09 July 2013 - 04:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users