Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

04-07/07/13 - Kingstone Press Championship Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

Anyone have any opinion on the video ref decisions? Was at the match and don't have sky so I couldn't record it.

It's time to park the camels.

#22 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:58 PM

Anyone have any opinion on the video ref decisions? Was at the match and don't have sky so I couldn't record it.

Yup the drop goal decision was a farce!!!! :tongue:

Edited by shun, 04 July 2013 - 08:58 PM.

#23 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

They were a bit unlucky that there was no camera angle on the DG, though usually the ref decides anyway.....the disallowed york try was correct as he let go of the ball just before the line then rolled it over with his belly, looked ok at full speed though!

#24 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

Yup the drop goal decision was a farce!!!! :tongue:

I meant the tries :P Barrows in the corner (which even the player himself didn't think it was a try) and all 3729384937202 of ours :)

It's time to park the camels.

#25 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

Not good on names but Wipers try, the drop goal, the York forward who dropped right on the try line and the no try off the kick for a knock on literally could of gone either way. They were all 50/50 calls with no conclusive evidence for any decision, I don't think you could of complained either way. The offside was offside was the winger was within 10m. That's how I saw it but you could call me bias I guess.

Game changed when Jack Briscoe went off. Harrison ran riot when he went off the field. Was a good game to watch obviously made sweeter by the ending.

#26 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:11 PM

seriously now,.......... the try that you had chalked of for offside was the correct call, the try where your big lad went over near the posts was the correct call as he lost possession, our try in the corner was questionable, leatherbarrows blatant block on haney was definitely obstruction so that should have been chalked off :tongue: and the drop goal  vid ref decision was just farcical, 

Edited by shun, 04 July 2013 - 09:17 PM.

#27 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

Harumph.

Posted Image

#28 PhilCarrington

PhilCarrington
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

Barrow's win has livened up the bottom of the table. Workington currently in 8th place, but only 3 points away from the relegation zone. Only the top 5 are safe from the drop. Should make for an interesting last two months to the season.

#29 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

Really enjoyed the game, drama from 1 to 80 mins, both teams going for it, Yorks no try's were all correct calls as the video ref looked at every angle possible, Wipers try in the corner hinged on weather the ref called held or not, guess we got the rub of the green there, for Barrow to take the lead for the very 1st time after the hooter was surreal but rather nice in the end :girlinlove:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users