07/07/13 - Kingstone Press Championship 1 Match Thread

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

I'm really pleased for All Golds today. Sorry I didn't go now!

#22 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

Great win for the Super Stags. The pasty faced Lancastrians wilted in the sizzling heat of Hertfordshire and were sent home empty handed! Fantastic support from the Hornets fans, a real credit to their club. Hope you all enjoyed your day out - barring the result of course.

Stags third and Skolars fourth, great for the South East. Speaking of Skolars.....Mike Bishay now seems to have been farmed out to them instead - what's going on there then??? Who's poaching now then?!

#23 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

Great win for the Super Stags. The pasty faced Lancastrians wilted in the sizzling heat of Hertfordshire and were sent home empty handed! Fantastic support from the Hornets fans, a real credit to their club. Hope you all enjoyed your day out - barring the result of course.

Stags third and Skolars fourth, great for the South East. Speaking of Skolars.....Mike Bishay now seems to have been farmed out to them instead - what's going on there then??? Who's poaching now then?!

"pasty faced Lancastrians"? :)

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#24 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

"pasty faced Lancastrians"? :)

We all know that the Sun in Rochdale is something that you occasionally get a glimpse of between varying degrees of rainfall!

#25 Hornetto

Hornetto
  • Coach
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

Result notwithstanding a pretty good day. Sunny, great barbecued chicken. a nice ice-cream. Good to see Pennine Way looking good - clearly a work in progress, but transformed from my last trip 20 years ago.

As you say, we brought the crowd/atmosphere - shame the team weren't as up for it as we were!

Fanblog match report at http://theseladscanr...mel-horror.html

Posted Image
These Lads Can Run for 80 Minutes - the infamous Hornets fanzine is back from the dead: and just as biased as ever!
Match reports, previews and other stuff that comes into our heads at
http://theseladscanr...ns.blogspot.com

#26 determination is the key

determination is the key
  • Coach
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

I went to the Stags vs Rochdale game hoping to see Mike Bishay back at the Stags after he wasn't selected for Broncos. Then a another spectator tells me he is at Skolars. Skolars are now taking the Broncos duel reg players that have been at Hemel all season. Skolars should hold their head in shame taking away players from the Stags they must feel pretty threatened by the new championship one team that is sitting above you on the table. Mike Bishay had played all the Northern Rail Cup games for the Stags, both challenge cup games and nearly half a season of Championship One. 

IM2 you can now get off your high horse about Hemel " poaching "players that you didn't want when how can you justify taking Mike Bishay that had been duel reg at Hemel for half a season.

#27 Toddye13

Toddye13
  • Facebook
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:15 PM

Correct me if I wrong but I believe that Broncos provide final say where dual reg players go. 

The Broncos partnership with Hemel and Skolars is the same as St Helen's has for Rochdale and Whitehaven where players have played for both sides during the season.

I believe Jamie O'Callaghan played for skolars early this year and yet played for Hemel the other week.

I was under the impression that allocation of dual reg players was assigned to that club for the duration of the season which does take the mic with SL players chopping and changing clubs in the lower grades. Not a great look and something that needs to be corrected.

Am glad to see 2 southern teams competing well this year and playing some good footy at the same time.

Derby day will be interesting at Hemel.

#28 Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein
  • Coach
  • 192 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

Bishay had already played for the Skolars earlier in the season. As he is not on loan at Hemel, Broncos can offer him to either club. No one has done anything wrong under the rules, but it is a nonsensical situation

#29 determination is the key

determination is the key
  • Coach
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

In response to Toddye13 Of course Broncos have their players go but Bishay was sent to Hemel for the season and has played 11 games for the club this season, St Helens and their relationship with Rochdale and Whiethaven is the same but they are not in the same league like Skolars and Hemel which isnt as bad. As far as I am aware O'Callaghan played for Hemel as Skolars didnt have a game and he needed a game some match fitness before playing Superleague the following week.

and Jeff Stein Mike Bishay did play one game for Skolars earlier in the season and it was a Northern Rail Cup semi-final when Hemel had a free weekend.Broncos can offer him to eaither club but after playing 11 games for one club why would he be sent to their opposition for the final 3rd of the season, morally its just not right. 

#30 Stag Fan

Stag Fan
  • Coach
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

Bishay had already played for the Skolars earlier in the season. As he is not on loan at Hemel, Broncos can offer him to either club. No one has done anything wrong under the rules, but it is a nonsensical situation

I agree nothing wrong, but morally and ethically not so sure about it. Still not a fan of the dual reg system.

Posted Image

www.hemelstags.com

Welcome to this world Harry, 5lb 2oz and fighting fit.

#31 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,293 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:46 PM

Another example of DR issues causing problems. DR is great for keeping fringe players match fit, but what kind of loyalty can they possibly have to the club whose shirt they are pulling on? When the clubs are in the same division that makes it worse. Who will the parent club decide that the player plays for when the clubs play each other?
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#32 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

Mike Bishay now seems to have been farmed out to them instead.

He looked excellent in the Broncos highlights vs Salford. Not sure why he has been farmed out after that display...?

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#33 Budgie

Budgie
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

It's a bizarre situation - you could come up with all kinds of conspiracy theories.

Is there another dual registration scenario where two partner clubs are in the same division? This is strange - I'm sure it would work better for broncos if they had a partner club in both the Championship and Championship 1 and if this would be the best scenario to suit the broncos it can be seen why this stance has been taking (assuming skolars are keen for promotion andhemel are not) no rules being broken but it seems the broncos are in a unique position to have an influence on the entire competition, I'm not suggesting this is being done but it does present the opportunity.

I suppose the geography dictates the partnerships in this instance but a ruling around a club having two partners in one division should be implemented should the system stay.

The scenario could present itself whereby Mike Bishay could play for skolars against Hemel and the week after play for Hemel - or the Broncos could not offer any players to Hemel or vice versa for the Hemel Skolars fixture.

Again no rules being broken so can't complain but rather than another DR bashing rant hopefully the system can be put to bed as something that was tried and just didn't work.

Aside from crusaders are here any clubs who are not using DR, I'm not sure Oxford have been and Oldhams use has been quite limited - not a judgement just a question.

How does play off qualification work? Heard a variety of rumours involving number of appearances, earnings to there being no qualification (or one game)

#34 PhilCarrington

PhilCarrington
  • Coach
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

Both clubs' announcements about the dual registered signing of Bishay were in League Express the same week, next to each other, so no poaching there.

Jamie O'Callaghan has also played for both sides.

#35 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,148 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

Again no rules being broken so can't complain but rather than another DR bashing rant hopefully the system can be put to bed as something that was tried and just didn't work.

Or we could just outlaw some really insane situations such as the Bishay one. You shouldn't be able to play for two different sides in the same comp as part of "dual registration".

#36 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:12 PM

it just seems very suss. Club A sends player out to Club B where he performs to such a standard that he's in the running for the divisional player of the season, Club C go to Club A - whisper in a few ears and then suddenly one of Club B's top players of the season is now going to be a fixture in the side that's pushing Club C up the very same table. If he was off back to the Super League then fair play and good luck but the current scenario whiffs somewhat.

Bishay did play earlier in the season for Skolars, I was there to see it and it did seem slightly incongruous but it was a meaningless fixture and Hemel werent in action that weekend. If Bishay is now going to feature regularly for Skolars in their run in I'd like to hear the Broncos justification for the decision. Guess we'll never hear one.

#37 Budgie

Budgie
  • Players
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

Or we could just outlaw some really insane situations such as the Bishay one. You shouldn't be able to play for two different sides in the same comp as part of "dual registration".

Agree, seems like a scenario existed that nobody thought through - a scenario where two near neighbours can dual register the same player in the same competition - bishay could in theory play for Hemel against skolars and then for skolars against Hemel in the return game and for either (or both?!) in the play offs

#38 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

We all know that the Sun in Rochdale is something that you occasionally get a glimpse of between varying degrees of rainfall!

It's all the time spent in t'mill - from dawn till dusk!

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#39 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

So simple, it beggars belief that it wasn't thought of at the start. Doesn't it?

Anyhow,another excellent day on Sunday. Great noise by the Rochdale fans (my daughter was transfixed by the HOOOOOOOOORNETS! chant) and having Kingstone Press at £2 a bottle was definitely a big tick in the box!

Also, Rochdale comfortably win the 'best shirt in C1' award, if such an award exists. Which it doesn't.

Edited by Kenny Bania, 09 July 2013 - 07:59 AM.

#40 goshawk

goshawk
  • Facebook
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

You can watch highlights of the Hemel Stags v Rochdale Hornets game, plus post match interviews with boyh Coaches at www.mydeetv.tv     :clapping:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users