Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Tonights Match

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 963 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

Cracking game tonight between York and Barrow, ended  24- 26 . Barrow got pen with seconds to go, well done Barrow, whats peoples thoughts on the result, is that good for us or not,

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

Good game , deserved as they got way on top second half . York average ... How many did they touch us up by there ??!!

#3 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

Cracking game tonight between York and Barrow, ended  24- 26 . Barrow got pen with seconds to go, well done Barrow, whats peoples thoughts on the result, is that good for us or not,

I can't make my mind up, I suppose it was better than a draw. Well done Barrow.

#4 Town Army

Town Army
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

They were buzzing after that weren't they? Fair play to them, potentially a season changer that one!

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

Gotta win our own winnable games , forget other results . If we perform we're fine , if we lose our targeted games we get what we deserve .

#6 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

as long as win sunday then the result is matterless with them both being below us. lose and well be looking over our shoulder. win our next two and were pretty safe with the home games vs keighley and york to come.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

Mick Nanyn has just joined Swinton on loan.

#8 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

Mick Nanyn has just joined Swinton on loan.

always seemed to score past us on the open end. must of been the smell of the burger van drawing him in.

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:08 PM

Aye , two years out and probably do it again and nail them with the boot from everywhere !! Stick big Red opposite him and lets see two real graceful , speedy centres glide around DP ...

#10 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,935 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

As wonky says the result doesn't concern us if we win our winnable matches but it's a good result for Barrow in their fight to stay up and they deserved the win as well.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#11 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

Quite unusual that no team has been right off the pace and cut adrift at the bottom. Everyone just keeps sneaking wins. the gits lol

BTW who was that bloke (Fev fan?) who said at the start of the season that the promoted teams would have no chance against battle hardened championship teams like Swinton ,Hunslet and York?????

#12 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

well thacks isnt playing sunday again. so i guess the props will be coward,dowes,acton and shacks with brett and stack 2nd row,luppy at loose and you would imagine a dual reg on the bench, probably lawton.

#13 JOHNNY83

JOHNNY83
  • Facebook
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

Is stack playing 6 or did I dream that? Hope I dreamt it :/

#14 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

Is stack playing 6 or did I dream that? Hope I dreamt it :/

i think he will have been joking. surely the likes of forber and carter will be put there before we start plucking forwards out to put there.

#15 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Maybe it's Stacky's name that's come out of the hat to play in the halves this week ??? With Karl out and Lupton a decent bet to replace him I think Carter is as good a bet as any there with Miller at one . You've got to get you're most threatening players in the positions that get the ball the most .

Edited by DavidM, 05 July 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#16 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,912 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

BTW who was that bloke (Fev fan?) who said at the start of the season that the promoted teams would have no chance against battle hardened championship teams like Swinton ,Hunslet and York?????

Thundergaz probably as he shot you down before beginning of season

Edited by elppaxr2i, 05 July 2013 - 05:34 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users