Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

55 years ago today

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,289 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:01 AM

If this was another sport I'm sure the whole country would know about THIS game and the bravery involved but this is Rugby League, the world's best sporting secret. Documentaries and films should be made about a great piece of British sporting history like this.

Oh well at least we know about it.

http://www.independe...58-1741171.html

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino, 05 July 2013 - 08:50 AM.

#2 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,950 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:29 PM

There used to be a framed copy of a letter on the wall of my local ( The Bold Hotel) when the previous landlord had it. It was a letter to the RFL from ( I think ) the Mayor of Brisbanepraising Prescott as the bravest man who had ever set foot on a rugby field.

Alan Prescot called in one night to view it, the RFL never even mentioned it to him let alone pass it on to him, though it could have been passed on to his club who didn't pass it on. How the landlord finished up with a copy I don't know, he's a Saints fan and had lots rugby memoribilia (not just Saints).

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users