Batley V Fev

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 PETES' LADS' BRUV

PETES' LADS' BRUV
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

I cant see us doing anything against Fev.

I think our lack of attacking ideas will be our down fall ***

Batley 8 Fev 24

Or if we decide to PASS the ball,

Batley 20 Fev 16

Edited by PETES' LADS' BRUV, 05 July 2013 - 04:42 PM.

A new future has begun!

#2 vile rodders

vile rodders
  • Coach
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

36   10 seasons over watched York against Barrow last night and both teams

threw the ball about better then us.

#3 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

Agree with Rodders, a bonus point would be a terrific result.

On a positive note im hearing on the grapevine the Moore has been dropped following a few incidents after his Twitter outburst and Hemingway is in. Hope this is true.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#4 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

If that's the team news BTJ, then I'm a bit more optimistic but I just can't see us pulling it off on Sunday.

Featherstone 26 Batley 12

#5 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

On a positive note im hearing on the grapevine the Moore has been dropped following a few incidents after his Twitter outburst and Hemingway is in. Hope this is true.

I wouldn't give two hoots if we didn't see Moore in a Batley shirt again. Despite being a relatively unheralded signing who was expected to do a competent job until Moore returned from injury, Hemingway has proved himself equally as able - if not moreso, than our arch-Twit(terer).  

Posted Image

#6 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 411 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:08 AM

If true the return of Hemmingway would be good news. With the game due to be played in hot weather and very little wind there is no excuses for not getting the ball out wide today.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#7 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:21 PM

Well I won't say we should have won that or that we deserved to win it. But I will say that we could have won and I don't think it would have been a travesty if we had.

#8 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

Hemingway made a difference today. What on earth was Moore trying to do with that kick though??

#9 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

Two evenly matched teams so it was always going to be close. I thougt they were slightly better in the forwards than us and as JK said on radio we took the wrong option more than once. But I have no complaints losing by a score away at Fev

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#10 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

Good game with two good evenly matched sides; Moore did take the wrong option but sometimes they come off; Well done to all the players for marvellous defence in the scorching heat;

#11 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,158 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

Good game with two good evenly matched sides; Moore did take the wrong option but sometimes they come off; Well done to all the players for marvellous defence in the scorching heat;

I will second that Phil
Im Fev and im proud

#12 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Very good display from our boys, and a big attacking improvement oh what we've seen in recent weeks. Lets hope it both continues and develops. As someone has already touched upon, both defences were magnificent. On a day like today, you'd normally see a pointsfest. That never looked like happening today at any stage in the match.

Posted Image

#13 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

Very good display from our boys, and a big attacking improvement oh what we've seen in recent weeks. Lets hope it both continues and develops. As someone has already touched upon, both defences were magnificent. On a day like today, you'd normally see a pointsfest. That never looked like happening today at any stage in the match.

Really? Termite.... you referred to our last game as the "final straw"??? so did u attend today or was the game televised on a channel i dont have??????!!!??! surely if it was the final.straw against Leigh you cant have been there.......surely??????

#14 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:23 PM

Where did I state that I wouldn't be attending any more games? Knowing myself as well as I do, I doubt that is something I'd ever say. I'd appreciate it if you could point it out to me. When you realise that you can't back up your rather misguided post with factual evidence, what will your response be?

Edited by TheTerminator, 07 July 2013 - 08:31 PM.

Posted Image

#15 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

nowhere! id just appreciate it if you could explain the "final straw" comment?!!!?! as surely a comment like that would lead towards some sort of action!?!??!?

#16 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

nowhere! id just appreciate it if you could explain the "final straw" comment?!!!?! as surely a comment like that would lead towards some sort of action!?!??!?

You seem to have completely misinterpreted the wording of my post, in turn providing some self-justification for your bizarre attack on me. The phrase 'the final straw' was used to describe a performance and a result that I perceived to be the culmination of our inability to attack other teams. Of course, you're entitled to interpret people's posts how you want. However, I'd think twice in future before hitting the 'post' button. I've been supporting Batley for nigh on 25 years, rarely miss a home or away match, and actually feel quite insulted by your insinuation that I'm somehow a 'bad fan' because I dared to express a dissatisfaction with continuous knock-ons and attacking ineptness before praising an improvement the following week. That's MY interpretation of YOUR post, by the way. If I've got things wrong, I'm truly sorry.

Edited by TheTerminator, 07 July 2013 - 08:54 PM.

Posted Image

#17 henry oulton

henry oulton
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

im glad u have cleared that point up. i had no intention of insulting you im just fed up of hearing people unhappy as i remember the hard times!... i have watched batley for around the same time as you and i would love us to be in grand final and i still think we could make it.

#18 toffee

toffee
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

We lost another tight game agaist imho the best team in our league . Some wrong decsions cost us but running fev close twice shows u were improving all the time . Just like john kear said today on radio leeds we didnt stick to the game plan fev did its shows we are getting closer instead of been blown away we were all left yet again about what if . So come on lets get behind the boys because they gave it all today . Also fev will be not relishing meeting us in playoffs that is afact .only down side is we might ave given halifax a hand with the effort shown by fev in defence today .

#19 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

I have a suspicion that Featherstone may well give Halifax a good hiding on Thursday. Apparently Scott Murrell broke his hand during their game today and may be out for a long period. Remember how utterly rudderless they looked when he spent a spell on the sidelines earlier this season?

Posted Image

#20 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:05 PM

Just looking at the fixture list, we now have a run of 5 games where we could pick up 15 points while there are some sides gonna drop points during that period. We've probably played more top 5 games (6) than any of our rivals. Only Leigh (H) and Fax (A) left to play.

You never know ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users