TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Australia v Wales 1975

Australia Wales 1975 World Championships Sydney Cricket Ground June

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 davidrobertturner

davidrobertturner
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

I am trying to locate footage of the Australia v Wales game from the Rugby League World Championships in 1975. The game took place on the 14th June 1975 at Sydney Cricket Ground. The reason I am looking for this particular footage (as well as any other footage of that Wales tour including New Zealand) is because my father played in that game.

Any help or advice in tracking down this footage or any other footage of games that Wales played while in Australia that summer would be very much welcomed.

Also this is my first forum submission so I hope I have posted this correctly! :)

Thanks all,

David.

#2 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,892 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

Good luck with that - I don't know if anything's available at all. You might try subscribing to and searching acrossthetasman.com or emailing http://www.micronvideo.co.uk/ to see if they have anything.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#3 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

I was at the SCG for this game, out of interest, is there any footage of GB v Australia in 1973 when Phil Lowe carved us up ?

Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#4 davidrobertturner

davidrobertturner
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

I have all of the other games that Wales played in that world championship, the only one missing is the Australia away game.

#5 davidrobertturner

davidrobertturner
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:24 PM

Including the game v NZ from Auckland.

#6 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

You might have more luck posting on an Aussie forum.

rldfsignature.jpg

#7 davidrobertturner

davidrobertturner
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

Ah right, do you know the main / best in Oz I could post on?

#8 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

Ah right, do you know the main / best in Oz I could post on?

Try the League Unlimited forums http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/

rldfsignature.jpg

#9 bato2069

bato2069
  • Players
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:49 AM

www.rugbyleaguefilms.com.au

#10 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,843 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

I am trying to locate footage of the Australia v Wales game from the Rugby League World Championships in 1975. The game took place on the 14th June 1975 at Sydney Cricket Ground. The reason I am looking for this particular footage (as well as any other footage of that Wales tour including New Zealand) is because my father played in that game.

Glyn Turner, ex-Ebbw Vale scrum half?

:yes:

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#11 davidrobertturner

davidrobertturner
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

Yes that is him!  :)

#12 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 848 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:27 PM

Anyone have footage of Australia v GB World Cup match at the SCG in 1975? The result was a 10-10 draw.

It was my first match I ever saw live. I was 11 years old !

#13 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

i seem to recall some footage of that game being on the 'Thats Rugby League' Documentary (plenty on youtube) put out around 1995.. best bet for any footage will probably come via Australia.

youtube -

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#14 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:22 AM

Yes that is him!  :)

Did he play at Hull KR and Hull?

rldfsignature.jpg

#15 Andrew Vause

Andrew Vause
  • Coach
  • 2,355 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

Did he play at Hull KR and Hull?

I definitely remember a Glynn Turner playing at Half Back with Roger Millward at HKR.

#16 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

I definitely remember a Glynn Turner playing at Half Back with Roger Millward at HKR.

The same Glynn Turner played at Hull later on.

rldfsignature.jpg

#17 davidrobertturner

davidrobertturner
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Yep the same person.  I have been looking for any footage of the Australia v Wales game in 1975.

Do you know if there is any footage of Hull KR (Jan 75 to Jan 78) or Hull (Jan 78 to Dec 79) for when he played or where I can start looking?

#18 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,998 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

Unfortunately David your dad was at the Hull clubs before they became the powerhouses of the British game in the early eighties which meant plenty of Hull and Rovers games on TV. RL was televised on BBC's Grandstand, usually the Challenge Cup, Yorkshire/Lancashire Cups and the John Player/Regal Trophy. They also broadcast the BBC2 Floodlit Trophy on Tuesday nights. I also remember the BBC showing the European Triangular Tournament matches in the lat seventies involving England, France and Wales so that may be a possible source of games involving your dad. Have you tried contacting Colin Hutton or Phil Lowe at Hull KR? Hutton will have been on the board when your dad was at HKR and Lowe may have been in the same HKR side ( not sure when Lowe returned from Australia ). The only people I cn think of at Hull would be former player and coach David Doyle Davidson or possibly other former players such as Brian Hancock. Hope some of this is useful to you.

rldfsignature.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users