Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

game tomorrow

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Barla game tomorrow. Open 12.30. Should be a good game. If you fancy a couple of pints in the sun get yourselves there
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#2 Walney Bill

Walney Bill
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

Barla game tomorrow. Open 12.30. Should be a good game. If you fancy a couple of pints in the sun get yourselves there

Who they playing and what time is kick off?

#3 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

Against midlamds and 2.30 kick off

#4 shawy13

shawy13
  • Coach
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:05 PM

You could start a war calling it a BARLA game

#5 Deep

Deep
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

Cumbria Under 16's v Midlands Under 16's,   KO 2:30, Gates open 12:30.

#6 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

Sorry. I apologise. Just what I got told thats all.

#7 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:52 AM

will be there just to test the pies...honest...lol

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#8 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

Gorgeous day for this game ! Sunshine and beer and no work tomorrow !

#9 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:40 AM

Gorgeous day for this game ! Sunshine and beer and no work tomorrow !

Just hope others think like you Alias.

#10 Gaffo

Gaffo
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

I will be down. Sitting in the sun watching the rugby with a pint of that new gorgeous ice cold cider you've got on tap. Can't think of out better

#11 SJD

SJD
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

I will be down. Sitting in the sun watching the rugby with a pint of that new gorgeous ice cold cider you've got on tap. Can't think of out better

Two pints of cider! ;)

#12 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

any one got the result? cheers

#13 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

Cumbria won. 18-14. I think . Cumbria defo won tho :) cracking game . Both teams played well .

#14 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

it was 18-14 really enjoyed the game in the sunshine..credit to Cumbria, some of the tryline defence was top class. well done to all at storm..

Edited by soss, 06 July 2013 - 08:36 PM.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#15 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:35 PM

A result like this would have been unthinkable 5 years ago.
To all those that think the RFL are wasting their time trying to spread the game, this result shows that is not the case.
Coventry Bears U16's are unbeaten this year and last week our U14's only lost by 2 points to Leigh Miners.
These kids have now been playing since primary school and our challenge is to keep them away from " the dark side".
There are now 4 stand alone RL clubs in Coventry so even in this one city the game is growing.
Coventry Bears and Coventry Dragons both run two men's teams and the Bears have a women's team playing in the national league ( those women will be mothers one day and will be teaching their kids how to catch a rugby league ball!)
The Bears also run children's teams at all ages.
Development Works!
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#16 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

Excellent post Ron but if this is so why are pro game gates particularly Championship so low. Need I repeat it but last weeks gates were

Doncaster     611

Leigh    1807

Fev     2110

Gateshead   301

Crusaders   1086

Oxford   241

Scorpions    366

I couldn't get CP yesterday but the these gates are nothing short of dreadful. Having said that I am very much in favour of expansion as long as the famous historical clubs aren't sacrificed.

Posted Image

#17 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,487 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:29 AM

Excellent post Ron but if this is so why are pro game gates particularly Championship so low. Need I repeat it but last weeks gates were
Doncaster     611
Leigh    1807
Fev     2110
Gateshead   301
Crusaders   1086
Oxford   241
Scorpions    366
I couldn't get CP yesterday but the these gates are nothing short of dreadful. Having said that I am very much in favour of expansion as long as the famous historical clubs aren't sacrificed.

Yes, there is no doubt that the challenge for the new clubs is to attract enough speccies to sustain the club.
Of the above it looks like only Crusaders of the new clubs are breaking the 1000 barrier. However these figures are a bit distorted because if Hunslet, Rochdale and Oldham had been playing at home they too would have only shown something in the low hundreds.
These clubs already have a tradition and their challenge is to attract back their lost support.
The new clubs need a business plan that is met and if the forecasted attendance through the turnstile is set at a realistic figure then clubs can manage on their set budget.
I was at a meeting a few weeks ago when a couple of CEO's of Championship clubs were saying that quietly they are glad when they lose as they can't afford to pay the win bonus! How sad is that?
The new clubs know they have to try and generate income and perhaps be a bit more proactive than some of the older clubs that seem to think that because they have an illustrious past that they have a God given right to be a success in the future.
It seems to me that the BOD at Barrow are trying to grow the club in a sustainable way, but I'm not sure that that can be said of some of the other traditional clubs.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#18 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

Good discussion fella's, I for one hope these new clubs thrive & prosper ultimately spreading the game deeper into the conscious of the sport fans in these new area's & more players and fans are introduced to RL. 

On the other hand its sad when traditional clubs go to the wall, but as its been talked about here they have to be proactive and not rest on their laurels for in todays fast paced world anything that's not going forwards is in reality going backwards,  Also with technology the world is shrinking were big clubs get bigger while small clubs get smaller, hence kids support who they see on the telly etc.

So all small clubs face big problems in attracting new supporters, BRLFC and the rest really should treble their efforts within their own communities to coax fresh faces to attend games, which is very hard as they are very busy trying to keep their collective heads above water  but again IMHO they need to step back, take stock, then give someone the sole task of self promotion into the community.

The more efforts spend this way will pay off, though very little to begin with !! stick at it & the product on the field will win over some casual fan into more of a semi regular supporter, being a salesman of sorts I could drone on for hours on this subject but don't want you dropping off. 

It works if you work it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users