Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dual Reg

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

Well done Foster great game.

Did Sutcliffe play. Never saw him apart from that one try.
Hope he doesn't come to Hunslet next season we don't want to be carrying players like him.

#2 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

Well done Foster great game.

Did Sutcliffe play. Never saw him apart from that one try.
Hope he doesn't come to Hunslet next season we don't want to be carrying players like him.

Gaz, do you hold some form of odd grudge against certain members of the Leeds Academy? I seem to remember you having a rather pointed dig at Jordan Baldwinson a few weeks back? As for your judgements themselves, I'd say that they were hugely misguided. Sutcliffe is obviously a real star of the future, and Baldwinson looked extremely promising in the games he played.

Posted Image

#3 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

Sutcliffe is a class above most Hunslet players to be honest, even with him being fairly quiet tonight.

baldwinson will be on the other side of the world next year.

Also think you watched a different foster to me. Put his body on the line but was very weak in defence and bombed a massive chance in attack.

Edited by noname6, 05 July 2013 - 10:26 PM.

#4 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

I don't remember ever slating Baldwinson other than saying generally that the U19s are probably not good enough to play for Hunslet yet!
The dual reg this year are from the dispanded U20s meaning they are at least 2 years older than what we will be offered next season.

As for Sutcliffe, I was the first to say get him in at Hunslet when when we were in dire straights in the halves. But on tonight's performance he was sleepy and non existant.
So no ... Have no issues, but just slightly opinionated when it comes to Rugby. But I must say I am pretty much on the money when it comes to Rugby players.

#5 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,441 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

i see achurch and singleton got crocked , you couldnt make it up.

Posted Image

#6 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

[quote name="The King Of Leon" post="2739781" timestamp="1373062664"]
i see achurch and singleton got crocked , you couldnt make it up.[/quote

It got me thinking that Leeds might call upon some of our forwards, taking into account their injuries. But I guess they will continue moving people around or dipping into the 19s.

If Yates playes a dozen games in the next 2 seasons I would be surprised.

Edited by Gazmeister, 05 July 2013 - 10:24 PM.

#7 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:20 PM

I don't remember ever slating Baldwinson other than saying generally that the U19s are probably not good enough to play for Hunslet yet!
The dual reg this year are from the dispanded U20s meaning they are at least 2 years older than what we will be offered next season.

As for Sutcliffe, I was the first to say get him in at Hunslet when when we were in dire straights in the halves. But on tonight's performance he was sleepy and non existant.
So no ... Have no issues, but just slightly opinionated when it comes to Rugby. But I must say I am pretty much on the money when it comes to Rugby players.

Are you Garry Schofield?

Posted Image

#8 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

Not as fat and a few years younger. 😃🍺

#9 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

[quote name="Gazmeister" post="2739783" timestamp="1373062822"]

[quote name="The King Of Leon" post="2739781" timestamp="1373062664"]
i see achurch and singleton got crocked , you couldnt make it up.[/quote

It got me thinking that Leeds might call upon some of our forwards, taking into account their injuries. But I guess they will continue moving people around or dipping into the 19s.

If Yates playes a dozen games in the next 2 seasons I would be surprised.[/quote]

if yates plays a dozen games for who in next 2 years mate?? Apart from peacock yates is better than any forward leeds have got imo. The lad runs thro brick walks for his team, full time training will see the lad playing every week for the whinos. Which breaks my heart to think about seeing, but he does deserve his chance at super league for the passion, commitment and effort he puts in every week
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#10 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

Yates is certainly a better forward than Achurch, Moore or Kirke. He's demonstrated some genuine dedication in taking his release by Saints on the chin and moving down a level in order to prove himself, so best of luck to the lad.

Posted Image

#11 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

ame="Gazmeister" post="2739783" timestamp="1373062822"]

if yates plays a dozen games for who in next 2 years mate?? Apart from peacock yates is better than any forward leeds have got imo. The lad runs thro brick walks for his team, full time training will see the lad playing every week for the whinos. Which breaks my heart to think about seeing, but he does deserve his chance at super league for the passion, commitment and effort he puts in every week

#12 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

I didn't mean he wasn't good enough. I meant Whinos would use him as a last resort.

I think it's more of a publicity thing than actually wanting him as a future star.

#13 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:48 AM

I didn't mean he wasn't good enough. I meant Whinos would use him as a last resort.

I think it's more of a publicity thing than actually wanting him as a future star.

yes because gary hetherington loves wasting money...

#14 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 234 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

What money has Hetherington wasted?

Got Yates on a free and probably is paying him £24k a year.

#15 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

If Yates playes a dozen games in the next 2 seasons I would be surprised.

I thought you said you were on the money when it comes to rugby players?

Plus, Leeds can't just 'call up' Hunslet players. Dual registration only works one way.

Posted Image

#16 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

Like to know what world you live in gaz?

You think 50k in a salary capped sport for someone who you think isnt good enough or has only been signed to show the partnership works is not wasting money?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users