Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Sky price rise

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,842 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

My subscription with just Sky Sports and a couple of the cheaper bundles like Discovery etc crept up to £50 and other than the rugby I wasn't watching anything, knocked it on the head, just have Premier Sports now that I picked up for something like £40 for the year thanks to a promo code advertised on here.

Don't miss it if I'm honest, got access to more games than I can find time to watch and anything big domestically I can either pay to go watch or go down the pub.

#42 thirteenthman

thirteenthman
  • Coach
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

That's correct. My last house already had a sky dish installed, so I got a box from freecycle and a card from PS.

Couldn't record though without a sky subscription

My mum had a Sky+ box she used just for the free channels, and I rang Sky to ask about using the record facitily, and apparently they charge £10 a Month (probably gone up now) if you want to use Sky+ but don't want to subscribe to any channels. Suffice to say, she didn't bother with it.

#43 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

Sky price rise?

How many of you on here do the lottery?

Did you know in September the Lotto will double in price to £2 a go?

Just because Camelot are not making enough profit.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#44 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,733 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

Sky price rise?

How many of you on here do the lottery?

Did you know in September the Lotto will double in price to £2 a go?

Just because Camelot are not making enough profit.

The prize and profit proportions aren't changing though are they?  If you can't afford to pay £2 for a ticket then you've lost nowt by the price going up.  If you normally put £1 on the lottery but can't afford £2 then I'm fairly confident in saying that you probably can't really afford the £1 either...

It's comparing chalk and cheese anyway, one is a value-added service that you pay for to get a fixed benefit, the other is a massively long-shot for a payout but more likely just a way to part you from your money.  The only thing they have in common is that if you don't like the price increases then your life won't end if you decide to abstain and you'll end up with extra money in your pocket.  A very first world problem.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#45 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

i can't believe they haven't kicked the F1 channel in touch yet the viewing figures are horrendous.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#46 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 834 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

Out of interest what are they?
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users