Photo
- - - - -

World Cup: Jack Reed's participation in doubt after collision with advertising board

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:35 AM

England's World Cup hopes suffered a scare on Friday when Brisbane Broncos centre Jack Reed left the field with a damaged shoulder during a 32-0 defeats against Melbourne Storm.

The Keighley-born back sustained the injury just half an hour into the NRL game at the AAMI Park in Melbourne when he collided with an advertising board.

Reed was attempting to keep the ball in play when he slammed into the sideboards leaving him needing scans to assess the extent of the suspected dislocation and possible fracture.

Reed had previously undergone reconstruction surgery on the same shoulder which suffered the blow leaving England coach Steve McNamara with selection headaches.

More here

http://www1.skysport...vertising-board

Hopefully its not as serious as it appears.

#2 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,036 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:59 AM

i don't think he'd make the starting 13 anyway at the moment..

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#3 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:25 AM

That's the second Aussie based player whos in doubt, fingers crossed that the burgess brothers Sam and George don't pick up any injuries.

#4 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:26 AM

He wouldn't but remember that McNamara is the coach.

#5 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:32 AM

That's debatable, but he'd make the squad anyway, and therefore put pressure on the guy who did get picked to start. We're going to lose a few through injuries, but let's not start losing them now.

#6 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:12 AM

My centres would be Cudjoe and Watkins with Reed as backup, if Reed is unavailable that spot could go to Hardaker, Atkins or Shenton

Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#7 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

It would be nice to have Reed in the squad, the World Cup can cause its share of injuries and Reed is defensively sound and good under a high ball in attack.

He is unlikely to be a Rabbit in the spotlight against Australia and NZ, then again I do not see enough of Watkins and Cudjoe to offer a comparison or have the ability to compare performances from different Leagues with different structures.

#8 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,839 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

We must be getting towards the time of year where Sam Burgess gets injured.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#9 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

My centres would be Cudjoe and Watkins with Reed as backup, if Reed is unavailable that spot could go to Hardaker, Atkins or Shenton

This shows why it would be great if Read was available. After the first choices, the quality drops off somewhat!

#10 L Bow

L Bow
  • Coach
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

Reed would be definite starter for me.  Superior defensively to both Watkins and Cudjoe and offers an aerial threat neither of the other two do.

#11 Fax1978

Fax1978
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

Agree has been solid if unspectacular in a team that had struggled for form until recently. He is still one of the better options we currently have unfortunately think the wc has come a season too soon for crooks he would be a shoe in if he continued to improve at the rate he currently is.

#12 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

reed has had an awful season, his form has been woeful at best, cudjoe and watkins should be our first choice centres with goulding and ben crooks as back ups....
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users