Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Last Nights Q + A plus Hog Roast

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Big thanks for all who attended last nights event, Thought Gary , Mick and Jack spoke very well and answered all the questions put to them.

It was nice to see that they stopped nearly to the end and participated in all that we did. ( by the way Jack Lee is a smart ass on quiz questions, but don't mention to any other players he was ###### at bingo, yes bingo LoL)

Hope everyone enjoyed the Hog Roast Supper, the crackling was to die for, it was something different  and hope to repeat it next year.

The only down point on our side was the mediocre attendance from the supporters, if the head coach and assistant + players 2 out of the 3 don't live in York can be bothered its a pity the supporters of this club do not do the same.

You will all stand on the terraces moaning about the standard of players, well try attending some of our events and raising funds for the Squadbuilder. (rant over)

For those who Attended, can you please post your comments for feedback.

Many Thanks

Ian

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 ashbourneknight

ashbourneknight
  • Coach
  • 383 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

Big thanks for all who attended last nights event, Thought Gary , Mick and Jack spoke very well and answered all the questions put to them.

It was nice to see that they stopped nearly to the end and participated in all that we did. ( by the way Jack Lee is a smart ass on quiz questions, but don't mention to any other players he was ###### at bingo, yes bingo LoL)

Hope everyone enjoyed the Hog Roast Supper, the crackling was to die for, it was something different  and hope to repeat it next year.

The only down point on our side was the mediocre attendance from the supporters, if the head coach and assistant + players 2 out of the 3 don't live in York can be bothered its a pity the supporters of this club do not do the same.

You will all stand on the terraces moaning about the standard of players, well try attending some of our events and raising funds for the Squadbuilder. (rant over)

For those who Attended, can you please post your comments for feedback.

Many Thanks

Ian

Great night Ian,always good value for money,totally agree with your comments makes people that don't go to these functions look like they'd rather see the Knights just struggle along,noted a certain Mr Wilson did'nt appear.

#3 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:19 AM

Really good night - thanks to Ian & Gary for all the work they put in.

Thanks to GT, Rammo & Jack for answering the questions very honestly, good

insight into the salary cap etc when clubs use dual-reg (hope Swinton have plenty

stashed under the floor boards...)

Think it was 'agreed' that the Scarborough pub (next door to the White Bear) is going

to be the meeting up place for a beer with the players after away games, so we will be

there after the Rams game this Sunday, hope loads of other people make the effort

also and we get back to the way things used to be.

Edited by shades2, 08 July 2013 - 07:21 AM.

#4 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

Every silver lining has it's cloud eh Ian?

It was a great night, packed to the rafters with food, fun and music. Fantastic of GT, Rammo and Jack Lee (and his missus) to give up their Saturday night to answer our questions, but I think they had as good a night as everyone else.

Can't wait for the next one. Well done to all involved.

#5 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

Great night Ian,always good value for money,totally agree with your comments makes people that don't go to these functions look like they'd rather see the Knights just struggle along,noted a certain Mr Wilson did'nt appear.

To be fair, Mr Wilson was manning the Knights merchandise stall in Parliament St. ALL DAY. Having said that, in my younger days I did plenty of double shifts!

#6 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

To be fair, Mr Wilson was manning the Knights merchandise stall in Parliament St. ALL DAY. Having said that, in my younger days I did plenty of double shifts!

And the other Mr Wilson was with his other Rugby club, glad the event went well though, if there is anything I can do to help promote future events just let me know.

:)

Posted Image

#7 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:30 AM

Cheers Gav
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 ashbourneknight

ashbourneknight
  • Coach
  • 383 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

Ok we'll let him off this time then,but there have been other events through out the year,I bring at least 4 people that do not turn out regularly to watch the Knights and that's only because of health reasons they don't attend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users