Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Smug Inverdale 'The Sexist' in Hot Water

LOL

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#141 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:47 AM

http://www.thedailym...r-2013071175553
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#142 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

It was interesting listening to Karen Brady thanking Alan Sugar for choosing two female finalists in the Apprentice! That aside. I have come across many men who think women should be in the kitchen doing the chores. For mine, we are all on the planet together and good luck to anyone who gets on in merit. 

visit www.raygent.co.uk for football and rugby league stories. 

#143 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,235 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

this says it for me

http://www.guardian....rtoli-wimbledon

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#144 Saint Billinge

Saint Billinge
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

Agree.

visit www.raygent.co.uk for football and rugby league stories. 

#145 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 695 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:40 PM

Now the Culture Secretary has waded in, http://www.dailymail...tar-looker.html The most interesting thing about the article is the quoted salary Inverdale receives, £600,000 (!). We all know that oil is expensive but not convinced that represents a worthwhile use of licence payer's money

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#146 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,941 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

He has a point about "grunting" though. The men do it far less. It is gamesmanship.

#147 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,826 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

Now the Culture Secretary has waded in, http://www.dailymail...tar-looker.html The most interesting thing about the article is the quoted salary Inverdale receives, £600,000 (!). We all know that oil is expensive but not convinced that represents a worthwhile use of licence payer's money

Glad that this story hasn't gone away. Oily John deserves to squirm quite a bit longer.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#148 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,654 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

Maybe Oily John should get fracked.  We could  use all that oil to bolster our reserves.

#149 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,603 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

I can't stand Inverdale but now we've got all these harridans who have never played golf in their life creating a stink because this year's British Open is played at a club that doen't allow women to be members. The club's managed a hundred yearswithout them so fair enough. It's not as if the club bars women from playing the course.

I don't think we'll see these same harridans petitioning that we should ban the Soroptimists and Women's Institute because they don't allow men to be members.

Even more pertinently, I don't see them petitioning to shut down mosques or the Catholic Church for not allowing women to be priests or imams.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#150 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,654 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:21 AM

Harridans? Pejorative?

It seems that Pope Joan is a myth but the issue of female clergy is certainly  current.

If THIS is open to female membership, so should Muirfield.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users