Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

should gb rl challenge the british lions to a game before wc

it could only benefit surely

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 bedlam breakout

bedlam breakout
  • Coach
  • 740 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

I think the wc would be boosted massively if gb rl threw open a challenge to the lions , one half league one union, the coverage the lions have had, it would do the profile of rl the world of good and the awareness of the wc would be boosted, just the announcement across the sporting media "today the rfl threw down a challenge to the british lions to match themselves against the best of british rl " would be mouthwatering just for starters, elland rd would sell out in mins

the inside of a 3star halex table tennis ball smells much like you'd expect it to.

#2 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 480 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

NO ño no nooooo no.

#3 The Daddy_merged

The Daddy_merged
  • Coach
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

Keep off the drugs

#4 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,809 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

A challenge like this would only work with hybrid rules rather than the silly half and half.

Perhaps four tackles and then a ruck?

#5 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

No no no no. Why showcase even more of our best players to cash rich union clubs.

#6 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 518 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

No no no no. Why showcase even more of our best players to cash rich union clubs.

I think its a bonkers idea and for the life of me i cant think why union would want to do this but 'Gosh' how insecure are you

#7 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,230 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

Cross code challenges should have stopped after Wigan and Bath.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#8 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,575 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

no

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#9 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

Cross code challenges should have stopped after Wigan and Bath.

Cross code challenges should have stopped before Wigan and Bath.

rldfsignature.jpg

#10 RugbyLeagueGeek

RugbyLeagueGeek
  • Coach
  • 632 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:00 PM

Terrible idea.

Andy Murray's just won Wimbledon - how about a dual-code match between him and GB? 1st half rugby league, 2nd half tennis...

#11 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,118 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

Terrible idea.

Andy Murray's just won Wimbledon - how about a dual-code match between him and GB? 1st half rugby league, 2nd half tennis...

It's a winner. Bring it on.

#12 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,933 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

I'd pay to watch England RL v England football.  The RL half of the game would be priceless, I'd make it a condition that John Terry be captain and Ashley Cole run back the first ball at kick-off.

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#13 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 779 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

Would the Chelsea fans then be able to unfurl a banner, John Terry Captain Leaguer Legend?

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#14 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,933 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

Would the Chelsea fans then be able to unfurl a banner, John Terry Captain Leaguer Legend?

The old football chant about "you're going home in a f***ing ambulance" would be quite apt though...

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

#15 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,302 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

The British Wheelchair Basketball team retained their European title today.

It's only fitting that a quarter of this is fitted in between the tennis and Eton Wall Game sections of this challenge match.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#16 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 41,575 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

I'd pay to watch England RL v England football.  The RL half of the game would be priceless, I'd make it a condition that John Terry be captain and Ashley Cole run back the first ball at kick-off.

wow I'd pay good money to see that

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#17 Middleton Bull

Middleton Bull
  • Coach
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:58 PM

It would be a change to see them rolling around in genuine agony after a tackle and not just because their make up was smudged.

#18 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,210 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Terrible idea.

Well Lewis was there at Wimbledon, perhaps he could arrange it?

"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#19 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

I'd pay to watch England RL v England football. The RL half of the game would be priceless, I'd make it a condition that John Terry be captain and Ashley Cole run back the first ball at kick-off.

Please could Joey Barton play too?
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#20 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 518 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:57 PM

Please could Joey Barton play too?

He'd be a cheeky,niggly halfback or a hooker in the rowley mold