Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

This is fronting up - today?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Again, not switched on for first 12 mins at 10 down and since - now 22-6 down at ht letting in two ties in 5 mins!!

It must be hot work for all, but only one team on fire, so far.  Let's hope it was not another wasted trip or 'fronting up' meeting.

#2 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 475 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

Get Matt in as coach for rest of season to try and sort this mess out

#3 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 268 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Agree completely the first time your have ever spoken since gav

#4 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Disgraceful. 38 -18 loss.

S*d the fronting up meetings - change the coach now to maintain fans' interest for the rest of season!

#5 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

I think you would have to get permission from St. Helens to change the coach. Not having a dig. I have no problems with Rochdale Hornets and take no pleasure in seeing a historic club in the "doldrums". I am serious.

#6 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 268 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

Your right Celtic saints have them by the ######

#7 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

Presumably the members, each of whom has a vote and from whom the club receives funding, are entitled to have a say in matters?

Anyway, in the interest of the club's future perhaps the 'club' can front up to this sad state of affairs and bring matters to head.

It's completely unnaceptable, to me at least, that Matt Calland should be asked to pick up the pieces at the end of the season.  He cannot do any worse than at present and he can bring in players  now who at least will have to play for a shirt/town for next season and who knows, perhaps we can make a challenge in the play-offs? Five home games give us a chance, but unless the club acts now, it will be in vain and a glorious opportunity squandered.

#8 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

Presumably the members, each of whom has a vote and from whom the club receives funding, are entitled to have a say in matters?
Anyway, in the interest of the club's future perhaps the 'club' can front up to this sad state of affairs and bring matters to head.
It's completely unnaceptable, to me at least, that Matt Calland should be asked to pick up the pieces at the end of the season. He cannot do any worse than at present and he can bring in players now who at least will have to play for a shirt/town for next season and who knows, perhaps we can make a challenge in the play-offs? Five home games give us a chance, but unless the club acts now, it will be in vain and a glorious opportunity squandered.

Five home games and 2 weeks & 6 days to look at what we have before our next game. action it & sort it out! Now is the time!
Unless the Saints reject the clubs request of course!
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#9 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

After today's performance, last week's meeting was just a pr stunt.

This from Talbot tonight!

"I am getting a bit fed up with it at the moment to be honest.

"Easy excuses going into today's game with the ten players unavailable through injury and the weather but you can't use them; the lads who turned up just weren't there from the start.

"We are thin on the ground with our squad but we are still moving in the right direction and hopefully everybody is in it for the right reasons and let's keep going forward and see where we end up.

"I think we have got a bit of an identity crisis going on at times."

Identity?  Rochdale Hornets.

Forward? Right direction?  You're taking the preverbial: 120 points shipped in 3,  2nd to 5th?

Fed up?  How about the paying fans?   Be honorable - Go - now.

#10 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

The worst possible day. No bonus point. Now 5th and 38 points stuffed up us. All the other results going against us.

We have to review our position and the axe must fall.

They must be having a good laugh at Whitebank tonight.

I just feel sorry for the fans who have spent time and good money traveling down to Hemel.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#11 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

After today's performance, last week's meeting was just a pr stunt.

This from Talbot tonight!
"I am getting a bit fed up with it at the moment to be honest.
"Easy excuses going into today's game with the ten players unavailable through injury and the weather but you can't use them; the lads who turned up just weren't there from the start.
"We are thin on the ground with our squad but we are still moving in the right direction and hopefully everybody is in it for the right reasons and let's keep going forward and see where we end up.
"I think we have got a bit of an identity crisis going on at times."

Identity? Rochdale Hornets.
Forward? Right direction? You're taking the preverbial: 120 points shipped in 3, 2nd to 5th?
Fed up? How about the paying fans? Be honorable - Go - now.

Sums it up, but hey you've made at least 3 negative posts today. You must be upto your limit today surely?
In all seriousness. I do not believe IT sends us out to switch off or not defend. However from the Law Cup & up until today the problems on the pitch are exactly the same week on week. limited attack, paper thin defence & a coaching team that clearly, absolutely clearly are not addressing the issues week in week. no amount of posturing, talking & what ultimately disappoints me is the big talk from the players on twitter on game day. Then the sheepish performances continue.
I am actually surprised "the players didn't stick to the game plan" hasn't been trotted out again. I have a complete lack of confidence in the current coaching setup. Can we please act before its to late.
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#12 Larry Jones

Larry Jones
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

Five home games and 2 weeks & 6 days to look at what we have before our next game. action it & sort it out! Now is the time!
Unless the Saints reject the clubs request of course!

I personally think the present board are not given the credit for at least stabilising the finances at the club.  Whichever way it is dressed up you had no club to watch not too long ago.  You are entitled to your opinion of course but quite a lot of the good will the club has built up with Saints has had a benefit in terms of quality medical and training provisions and I really don't think the guys at Saints lie awake at night thinking how they can dictate policy at Hornets do you?  I did notice another thread about Bobby and I recollect his second spell in charge and I know his feelings on that one.  I wish Hornets all the best a really proud club with some great people who care about the place but a great deal of the problems clubs face are within the governance of the sport.  How any player, coach or paying fan gets themselves up for the geographical spread of away games Hornets and Oldham have had this season I don't honestly know.  In closing Saints really did not want dual registration it was forced on the club and most of the other Lancashire sides.  Enjoy the clutch of home games and it should start to look healthier in a few weeks.

#13 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 388 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

The worst possible day. No bonus point. Now 5th and 38 points stuffed up us. All the other results going against us.

We have to review our position and the axe must fall.

They must be having a good laugh at Whitebank tonight.

I just feel sorry for the fans who have spent time and good money traveling down to Hemel.

A good day out really apart from the result.As you wernt there you wont know how good Hemel were.On that showing they may very well make the GF.The only team to take points of the Cru.

#14 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

At least a good result by the reserves against Hemel.  Surprisingly, the previous week, their first team lost at S.Wales, who lost  at home to G.Golds this week. So, perhaps they are not as good as we made them look by the scoreline.  Given the importance of the last 3 games, it was disappointing to say the least that we did not have a plan to secure a bonus point in all - 3 points = win and still third place!  We need to be smarter and think what we need to achieve our goal!

Still, time to lick our wounds and with our first home match for weeks show, with interest, that we mean business for the play-offs. Do not disappoint.

#15 Heywood Tiger

Heywood Tiger
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:59 PM

Interview with Wayne English on the website says it all for me "Losing games is hard to take at the best of times but when it's through a lack of effort it becomes embarrassing." only days after the coach publicly promised improvements.

#16 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:23 AM

A good day out really apart from the result.As you wernt there you wont know how good Hemel were.On that showing they may very well make the GF.The only team to take points of the Cru.

I have to disagree Mick. Ultimately the lads are lacking in confidence and self belief support is essential, but so is fans wanting to get to the bottom of season that proved so much. We have the best back up and facilities probably in the history of the club. The back office of the club continue to make the club viable and profitable, so in February we where with Cru being tipped to be one of the teams to watch i this league.

We failed to qualify for the later stages of the NRC. Not really a problem as the league was our focus, and lets face it, its a ###### comp anyway. We where banking on the league. First game at Whitebank we put in a decent perfomance to win, but again that 20-30 minute switch off was still there. That switch off period continues (knock on from the Kick Off on sunday) to happen without any explanation.

I wont accept the heat excuse from Sunday or do hemel play in vetilated heat proof suits?

The travel, must be tough, but we have to deal with it. On Twitter after the loss to London. One of our players was asked what happened by an ex Hornets player. The excuse.... Was "You know we dont travel well" pathetic really considering the lads travelled down in a fantastic facility  borrowed from Saints.

Granted we had in my opinion our 2 best players missing on Sunday Hull, Thompson. Its fair to say i would have added Roper,Trumper & McClurg to that team on Sunday, but the later two guys have been out for a while. So really i am not buying that either.

Casting an eye over our team. Back line must have had over 1000 Championship games under there belt even some with SL experience.

Missing Roper is a blow, but to bring in Wheeler who lets face it is a junior international and Saints GF player isnt a bad change. Granted the experience of playing with Crooky would be limited, but just cast your mind back to Makinson versus Gateshead, he beat them on his own. The pack was more than adequate. Even Case getting Hornets MOM in League Express.

Can i give you the answer as what is up? No i cannot. But like the NRC we cannot shrug and say the league matters, like we are doing banking on the next 5 home games to pull us through. We have a soft center and a concentration problem, that should of been addressed long back. It was there in the law cup, it is still there now. The best Rugby we have played all season was the last 30 mins at Oxford. Now Oldham and Oxford are due at Spotland soon and i doubt we will get out own way. We have 2 weeks off, i hope the coaching staff are working dammed hard with the lads on fitness and concentrartion levels as these 5 home games are essential to gloss over a very, very, very average season so far, in what we where promised to be as exciting since the promotion season.

Now before the touchy ones start with the "your being negative, support the lads" rubbish. The lads in red, white and blue have my backing. Its an objectional view from me, that hopefully will get people talking. We all want the best for Hornets, and the support home and away is there. I am afraid the lads on the park need to take a long hard look at themselves and ask are they giving 100% like the fans, board and coaches?

Edited by fillipo del toro, 11 July 2013 - 06:31 AM.

Phil Bull.

#17 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 340 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:33 AM

A very good post Phil.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#18 excolt

excolt
  • Players
  • 88 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

The players work all week, the fixture list is a farce and the run of away games has took its toll. That run is behind us, now it is  a 5 game season.Support can lift the side lets just do it and await the playoffs. An Hornets v Oldham final would be great, its still on.

#19 Larry Jones

Larry Jones
  • Players
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

I think Phil has been really professional in his reply to all threads on this matter. I will go back to one of my original points. If you where a player or a coach just imagine a trip to Gloucestershire all gold's. Saturday night no beer in bed for nine. Sunday morning get yourself organised at six in the morning, to get down there for kick off, get lumps knocked out of you and walk through your front door at maybe eleven that evening to be up for work at seven the next day to go plumbing or whatever. This passion besides training two nights a week pays you ? possibly not a great deal. I earn really good money these days and have weekends free. If I see a game it is for pleasure, for these guys and the coaches as well it is not it is a job of work. So replicate Gloucester with Gateshead and Skolars etc etc and is it a shock people would rather play for Mayfield or Thatto Heath? Is that the fault of the Hornets board or the governance of the sport.

#20 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 475 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

I think Phil has been really professional in his reply to all threads on this matter. I will go back to one of my original points. If you where a player or a coach just imagine a trip to Gloucestershire all gold's. Saturday night no beer in bed for nine. Sunday morning get yourself organised at six in the morning, to get down there for kick off, get lumps knocked out of you and walk through your front door at maybe eleven that evening to be up for work at seven the next day to go plumbing or whatever. This passion besides training two nights a week pays you ? possibly not a great deal. I earn really good money these days and have weekends free. If I see a game it is for pleasure, for these guys and the coaches as well it is not it is a job of work. So replicate Gloucester with Gateshead and Skolars etc etc and is it a shock people would rather play for Mayfield or Thatto Heath? Is that the fault of the Hornets board or the governance of the sport.

Yes it is their fault partly as we need out of this division by hook or by crook and i know a man in the town who wud give it a damn good go

What they can do within their power is employ the best man available to coach this team and get us out of this rubbish division and get us back where we belong playing the likes of Halifax, Leigh etc

The fact that they haven't and won't IS the Hornets board fault, they have an opportunity under thier nose to rekindle a lot of interest and give fans something to believe in again - rugby decisions are not being made it would seem decisions are being made for other reasons

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users