Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

This is fronting up - today?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

When asked if h would be coach next season he (IT) said he didn't know, he'd heard that it might e Matt Calland but would o hat is right for his family.

On this forum, mid-June, it was stated that Matt Calland would be coach next season.

I find hard to believe that IT does not know, unless something has happened recently to change the situation.  If true, will Matt be Head Coach? Could someone from the club please clarify this situation to stop the speculation.

Give the orginal agreement ("he will work with the first team squad"), it's good to hear that Matt has made "valuable contributions", significantly at Oldham!

Hopefully this will continue for all remaining home games and through the play-offs, phasing into his full appointment next season.

So, onwards Hornets onwards - back to a winning formula.

Worryingly, no response yet to my question in another thread.

#22 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

Have you asked your question in the correct forum glemiln?  If you post a question on here and expect official answers from a representative of the club I'm afraid you'll be in for a long wait.  The board have had a bellyful of the abuse from some people on here and have long-since stopped considering it an official forum a link to this forum was removed from the official site ages ago!.

Try 'phoning the club or emailing them and I think you will get an answer.

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

War doesn't decide who is right, just who is left!

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#23 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

If I were Mr Calland, I wouldn't want the job. If he watched this forum for even just a week, he would likely think: why bother, if we lose even a couple of games, I'll be public enemy #1.

Y'all need to get behind Hornets for the next 5 games. So....

Quit griping, shape up, and cheer your team on to victory.
Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#24 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 477 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

If I were Mr Calland, I wouldn't want the job. If he watched this forum for even just a week, he would likely think: why bother, if we lose even a couple of games, I'll be public enemy #1.

Good job matts not you then eh

Still wants the job don't know why after the way he has been treated

Lets remember we are talking about a hornet legend as a player or does that not count as it was old club?

#25 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 477 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

Good Job matts not you then eh

Still wants the job don't know why after the way he has been treated by the board of Rochdale Hornets

Lets remember he is a club legend (or does that not count as its old club)

#26 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

Being a great player does not mean you'll be a great coach. Not saying Matt isn't, only that it's not a foregone conclusion.

I'm curious: do you really know how he has been treated by the board? Or are you just talking?
Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#27 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

Do you know how he is being treated by the Board ? or are you just being Nosey ? 

Being a great player does not mean you'll be a great coach. Not saying Matt isn't, only that it's not a foregone conclusion.

I'm curious: do you really know how he has been treated by the board? Or are you just talking?

Edited by Ghostbuster, 14 July 2013 - 08:44 PM.

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#28 Snoopy Loopy

Snoopy Loopy
  • Coach
  • 477 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

Totally agree being a good player dosent mean you will be a good coach however Matt Calland has a Championship Grand Final Winners medal which PROVES he is a good coach so thats that one answered easy (know your rugby league)

And just to cure your curiosity yes i do know exactly how he has been treated by the board and in a word its shabby!

It would seem a few posters on here want to make reasons why Matt shouldnt be coach, can understand that if your a true Hornets fan, how could you make a case for Ian Talbot and not Matt? - I think your a board member starfirehypervixen and I think I know which one

Edited by Snoopy Loopy, 14 July 2013 - 08:59 PM.

#29 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:19 PM

Not a job I could do, nor would I want to.

Well meaning amateurs, doing their best. If I had something to offer, I would, but I'm not qualified.

#30 glemiln

glemiln
  • Coach
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:40 AM

On this forum, mid-June, it was stated that Matt Calland would be coach next season.

I find hard to believe that IT does not know, unless something has happened recently to change the situation.  If true, will Matt be Head Coach? Could someone from the club please clarify this situation to stop the speculation.

Try 'phoning the club or emailing them and I think you will get an answer.

I might get an answer, but would it be official and for distribution?

Surely, if Matt's appointment is official, the club would have posted the news on it's official web site and elsewhere? The 'news' was greeted well on here, but  IT's "I don't know" comment was inexplicable and not surpisingly, confusion seems to reign, going by comments on here.  For all concerned, is it that difficult  to communicate the facts?  Apparently! 

#31 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

Your answers... I can give you those. Highly unlikely. No & er No.

Matt wasnt with the U20's on Saturday i am not brains of Britain but i think you can guess whats coming. 

Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#32 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

If you get an answer then the can't stop you making it public can they pal, come on now you're taking this to giddy limit!  Telephone the club for an answer first before you worry about what to do with the answer when you get it!

Simple.

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

"Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask yourself if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future".

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#33 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:50 PM

The club has ended up getting in a right pickle on the Matt issue. Smoke and Mirrors. But the truth always outs.

Some people at Hornets are as popular as bubonic plague

#34 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 776 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

Who ever the coach is to be and that is down to the board .The person needs to be in postion before the end of this season .So they can build for next season before players have been signed up by other clubs
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#35 Celtic Rooster

Celtic Rooster
  • Coach
  • 1,676 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

Is it down to the Rochdale Hornets board or the St. Helens board?

#36 lakeylad

lakeylad
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

I can see this issue dragging on and on and on ,just like last season

#37 Pugwash

Pugwash
  • Coach
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:27 PM

The club has ended up getting in a right pickle on the Matt issue. Smoke and Mirrors. But the truth always outs.

Some people at Hornets are as popular as bubonic plague

Any clarification on this or is it your turn to open up the old wound this week?

Pugwash.

Bobbie Goulding is God
Posted Image

DeepakChopra:

Andrew Birch is Pugwash.

#38 Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

Any clarification on this or is it your turn to open up the old wound this week?

Pugwash.

Personally think you Die Hard Fans are being treated like 'Mushrooms' by your 'Open & Transparent' Board ! (IMO) 

"There are only 5 functions of Internet FORUMS. . . . . . . . . . Brag . . Patronise . . Wind-up . . Fawn . . Threaten. . . . . . . . . Which one did you perform? "

Andy 'Ghosty' Rogose is Ghostbuster

(Vice Chairman Rochdale Fijian Association) (Member Rochdale Mayfield A.R.L.F.C)

#39 Heywood Tiger

Heywood Tiger
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

Lets not be blinkered into thinking there's only one man for the job, there's an awful lot of quality un-contracted coaches knocking about and a very limited number of coaching positions. Calland is the obvious choice but the fact it's looking increasingly unlikely that hell take over may mean there's a good reason.

#40 Lakeside

Lakeside
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:08 AM

My money is on Matt Calland being relieved of his duties at Hornets. The question is does the Chairman respect Members, Supporters and Sponsors enough to actually tell them.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users