Get the League Express Yearbook 2013/14, The Forbidden Game, All Blacks to All Golds and many more great Rugby League books at knock down prices in our Easter Sale on now at www.totalrl.com/shop but hurry, all offers end Sunday 27th April.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barlow

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 260 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

got to say i like barlow i no he can be a handfull on the pitch but been told he's a gentlemen off it look what he did for tangi gave him his pay after the match when there was a help tangi fund going on sometimes you need a bit of a tearaway on the field to rattle a few bodys look what tutta was like an animal on the pitch but we all loved him !!!!

Edit us of text speak

Edited by Maureen T-k, 11 July 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#22 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 616 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

Speaking to Fax fans (Creeper) tonight and allegedly Sam as defo signed on loan for us for rest of year
I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#23 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:33 AM

It would appear barlow is not rovers bound.... for now at least.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#24 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,363 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

got to say i like barlow i no he can be a handfull on the pitch but been told he's a gentlemen off it look what he did for tangi gave him his pay after the match when there was a help tangi fund going on sometimes you need a bit of a tearaway on the field to rattle a few bodys look what tutta was like an animal on the pitch but we all loved him !!!!

Sam Barlow is a top bloke - except when he's playing.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#25 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

Dont know him. He's a big daft bug ger on the pitch

#26 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

Where is he bound then robin ?.

#27 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:17 PM

Well he was bound for Leigh next season so im told

#28 coronetking

coronetking
  • Players
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

on HKR forum, they think he is signing for them.

#29 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:11 AM

Nice lad off the field, spoke to him  few times

#30 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

Fax site has confirmed Barlow joins you on loan for the rest of the season.

#31 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:21 PM

Fax site has confirmed Barlow joins you on loan for the rest of the season.

This is good news for us I rate him very highly if he can get/keep fit. Surely though their must be more to this than just a loan further down the road. maybe joining us next season or something like that it just seems weird at this part of the season when the play offs are coming up and fax let go of one of their best players.

Edited by thundergaz, 19 July 2013 - 01:22 PM.

#32 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 4,986 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

This is good news for us I rate him very highly if he can get/keep fit. Surely though their must be more to this than just a loan further down the road. maybe joining us next season or something like that it just seems weird at this part of the season when the play offs are coming up and fax let go of one of their best players.

:-((((. But I will give him a chance!!!
Im Fev and im proud

#33 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

How many forrads are we going to loan?!

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#34 carlbd9016

carlbd9016
  • Players
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

http://www.halifaxrl...le.php?id=11862

#35 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

If KH cannot give him the opportunity at Fax how will we be able to. Sure we just showed them our forwards were stronger and fitter and looked alot better or is there something else behind this

#36 ruggerbeleeg

ruggerbeleeg
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

I think there is an element of politics in how KH has stated Sam getting in the current Fax side.

SB has been a bit hit and miss with effort put in a training, (which KH states is not acceptable for any player) that and a couple of less than intelligent moments on the field has led to the current situation.

As a result Fax were getting little out of him for the money invested.

Rovers know that on his day he can be a top player.

Add the two together and Fax cut their outgoings and Rovers have a few games to get the best out of him to the end of the season and possibly beyond so a little bit of a gamble but not OTT and everybody seams to gain something.

I think out of all the clubs Fev will get the best out of him and if he clicks will become a firm favourite if and when you get to know what he is really about.

All the best to all concerned is how I think about it.

#37 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

Maybe they are hoping he becomes a first choice? Then we will have to play Fax without him if we meet them in the play-offs!

#38 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

It would appear barlow is not rovers bound.... for now at least.

you're info very poor robin!

#39 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,703 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

I'll live wi it! :lol:

#40 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

Maybe they are hoping he becomes a first choice? Then we will have to play Fax without him if we meet them in the play-offs!

We won't play fax again this season so that won't work 😄😄😄.I stand corrected I forgot about the new play off system so their is a good chance we could play them again. Speaking of play offs how do they work this season? Same as last one. win one and your in the final still? Also do the top 2 still get two stabs at it or is it now the top 4?

Edited by thundergaz, 19 July 2013 - 05:53 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users