Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Barlow

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,491 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:44 AM

1-4 get a week off if they win in week one.

No weeks off after that (unless you lose).

Basically, same as $uperleague, but without Clubcall.

Edited by Griff, 20 July 2013 - 06:45 AM.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#42 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

1-4 get a week off if they win in week one.

No weeks off after that (unless you lose).

Basically, same as $uperleague, but without Clubcall.

Cheers Richie but if that is the case then am I right in saying the only benefit of winning the league is you get home ties and the top 2 get 2 bites at the cherry and the rest are if you lose your out?

#43 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,491 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

Cheers Richie but if that is the case then am I right in saying the only benefit of winning the league is you get home ties and the top 2 get 2 bites at the cherry and the rest are if you lose your out?

.... and, theoretically, at least, slightly easier opponents.

Top four get a second bite - but only in week one. Top four get a chance of a week off in week two - if they win in week one.

Edited by Griff, 20 July 2013 - 09:39 AM.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#44 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,365 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:22 PM

Championship Play-off Structure

Week 1

Qualifying play-offs

1st-placed club v 4th-placed club (winner advances to Week 3, loser home in Week 2)

2nd-placed club v 3rd-placed club (winner advances to Week 3, loser home in Week 2)

Elimination play-offs

5th-placed club v 8th-placed club (winner away in Week 2, loser eliminated)

6th-placed club v 7th-placed club (winner away in Week 2, loser eliminated)

Week 2

Preliminary semi-finals

Highest ranked Qualifying play-off losing club (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th) v Lowest-ranked Elimination play-off winning club (5th, 6th, 7th or 8th) (winner away in Week 3, loser eliminated)

Lowest ranked Qualifying play-off losing club (1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th) v Highest-ranked Elimination play-off winning club (5th, 6th, 7th or 8th) (winner away in Week 3, loser eliminated)

Week 3

Qualifying semi-final 1

Highest-ranked Qualifying play-off winning club v Lowest-ranked Preliminary semi-final winning club (Winner to Grand Final, loser eliminated)

Qualifying semi-final 2

Lowest-ranked Qualifying play-off winning club v Highest-ranked Preliminary semi-final winning club (Winner to Grand Final, loser eliminated)

Week 4

Kingstone Press Championship Grand Final

Winner Qualifying semi-final 1 v Winner Qualifying semi-final 2

You Can't Buy Team Spirit

#45 pont rover

pont rover
  • Coach
  • 455 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

Rowley confirms Sam will be at Leigh next season, hope he goes with a grand final winners medal but I think somehow he will miss out possibly due to it been a Fev v Fax final.

http://www.pontefrac...leigh-1-6028522

#46 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:55 AM

Rowley confirms Sam will be at Leigh next season, hope he goes with a grand final winners medal but I think somehow he will miss out possibly due to it been a Fev v Fax final.

http://www.pontefrac...leigh-1-6028522

Conversly, Sam has denied this is true via facebook and was apparently telling people in the clubhouse last night that he hadn't signed anything for next year yet, and would decide which of his options to take after the World Cup with Scotland. Either someone is telling porkies, or there's been one almighty misunderstanding somewhere along the line.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#47 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

If he's not in a leigh shirt next yr I'll show me botty.
But for now he's a rover and as such he'll get my support.
What happens next season can wait. There's two more games to win this season first.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#48 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

But for now he's a rover and as such he'll get my support.
What happens next season can wait. There's two more games to win this season first.

Exactly. Let's face it, even if he is off, he'd be nuts to be saying anything other than how much he's enjoying his time at Fev if he wants to retain the backing of the supporters!

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

#49 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

Exactly. Let's face it, even if he is off, he'd be nuts to be saying anything other than how much he's enjoying his time at Fev if he wants to retain the backing of the supporters!

Eggsbloodyzactly! !!

#50 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

There's no way a bloke of Rowley's standing would come out with that if it wasn't true. Would be a particularly stupid thing to do.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#51 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

Oh I think the timing of the announcement is driven solely to cause as much disruption to fev as poss.

#52 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,165 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

Oh I think the timing of the announcement is driven solely to cause as much disruption to fev as poss.

Oh aye. Having said all that, given how Sam's previous contracts have ended up (see Sheff to Fax move for example), it honestly wouldn't suprise me if he'd signed with Leigh, then come to us on loan and decided he wants to be here next year instead. Time will tell, he'll be in Blue & White for at least one more game, hopefully two. 

Please view my photos.

#53 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

It's certainly strange timing (see they have now published the signing on their website). Most clubs like to announce their big-name signings with a bit of a fanfare and a back-up quote attributed to the player about how delighted he is to have signed for them (even if that quote is usually the work of the club's PR men). You'd think they'd have waited a couple of weeks and then be able to actually stick up a quote about the player himself being delighted to be with his new club etc. I don't doubt what Leigh are saying for a moment, but Barlow might not be the player you want to be getting disgruntled before he's even joined you.

#54 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:48 PM

and here's Fax confirming he's not returning to them. "Sam’s loan agreement with Featherstone terminates on November 30 and from December 1 he is another club’s player”

http://www.halifaxco...rce=twitterfeed

#55 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

Whether its true or not he possibly has 2 games left with us looks like they signed Oliver Wilkes as well from Wakey if reports are believed

#56 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,861 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

And fair play to fax and leigh. If they can unsettle fev, even in the most minute way I'd expect them to try to do just that!
If the boot was on t'other foot id be disappointed if we didn't do just that!

#57 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

Way we are playing don't think this will bother us. If he has signed he should just say so we knew he was here on loan until end of season he has done nothing wrong if he has signed for them Would be funny though if he did a u turn

#58 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:03 PM

Way we are playing don't think this will bother us. If he has signed he should just say so we knew he was here on loan until end of season he has done nothing wrong if he has signed for them Would be funny though if he did a u turn

Me too weve had and weathered more disruptions this season than the M62

#59 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,858 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

If Leigh have signed him - along with Wilkes, then they're obviously no longer skint. Mr Barlow commanded some serious wonga at Halifax.

Posted Image

#60 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

The BoD at Leigh have recently purchased an exclusive ladies club, numerous players will be table dancing here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users