Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Still not out of relegation mire

Next four games crucial

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

Am I the only one who thinks we are still not safe from relegation?

Disappointed to net get at least a Bonus Point.

We need to pick up at least 2 if not 3 wins to be safe, if not we will be relying on other teams to be worse than us. Three of the last 4 games, Leigh, Sheffield and Fev unlikely to produce much in the way of points so we have to get the wins in the next few games, York and Hunslet being vital.

Think we will escape catastrophic relegation but can't see us making the play-offs.

#2 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 504 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

I was just thinking the same. We must beat York next week.
Posted Image

#3 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 899 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

Not safe at all, I don't think we ever have looked like a team this season that we could be confident we would be safe until mathematically safe. Simply too inconsistent, even with loads of injuries we can beat Fax but then today with the the injury situation better we were lucky not to be nilled. Next week is vital minimum is 3 points and ideally keep York from getting a BP.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#4 Rambo

Rambo
  • Coach
  • 504 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:18 PM

Did Glen Morrisson sign a 2 yr deal as coach?

Anyone know if he been given a minimum target to attain this year - top8?
Posted Image

#5 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 899 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

I think it was 2 years. I would imagine him and Mark have a target in mind. Playoffs seems reasonable enough.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#6 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

Even when we win wev been poor this year, very boring bar the fax cup game

#7 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

In the past iv stuck up for pryce but not after the last 2 games! When he signed he signed as our new centre, a position glen wanted to strengthen. Unfortunately his lack of motivation at centre to even take afew drives in his own 20 like every other teams centres and wingers do in their own 20 probably made glen move pryce to fb to try get him involved more as you can't really hide at fb! Well pryce can.. this meaning craven lost his place. He's no motivation in him at all, time to release him..

#8 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,641 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

We're not out of the mire by a long chalk. This weekend's game against York is probably one of the most important that we've had for a long time, despite having other "winnable" games to follow. If we fail to win this one it will put us into a slough of despond that will be difficult to rise out of. It might be said that this is the kind of game in which coaching reputations can be made or lost.

A future in a lower division would be disastrous and possibly terminal.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#9 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:13 PM

I thought BOTH games against Worky were supposed to be important, winnable matches, so if we couldn't manage to lift ourselves for either of those two, what chance have we against York. Morrison has some explanation each week, but nothing seems to come with anything he says once the game gets under way and we see that the players/team lack/lacks any idea/ideas.
The / / / are in place for those reading this about individuals or as a team (the latter we certainly do not have at the moment).

I'm going to forecast now our player of the season (and I purposely omit here any capital letters for that "accolade") and he is Dale Morton.

Edited by Crown Flatter, 08 July 2013 - 10:14 PM.

Legs, Dews, Legs.