Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury v Knights

Tetleys Stadium 14/7 3pm

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

Win free tickets from Love Rugby League to see York City Knights RLFC at Dewsbury this Sunday!

CLICKY

:)

Posted Image

#2 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

Definately now time to move on from last Thursday & fully concentrate on this game,

for me, the 2 tackling machines - Kris Brining & Ed Smith - need to be in the 17, likely to

be another warm day & these 2 lads will just keep going whatever aswell as having plenty

more to add to the team.

Centre might be a problem to sort, think I would take a gamble on the dual-reg set up

providing we can afford it

#3 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:16 PM

First away win please. If we deny them a bonus point we'll go on level points with them. Think that's a very big ask though.

It's time to park the camels.

#4 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

Think that's a very big ask though.

I don't - I think a win is the least we can and should expect and a win by 18 isn't too far from possibility at all. We're a top 8 team and in the business end of the season we need to start proving it.

Only issue is Browny's trial tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure we'll already be planning for the worst.

#5 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

I don't - I think a win is the least we can and should expect and a win by 18 isn't too far from possibility at all. We're a top 8 team and in the business end of the season we need to start proving it.

Only issue is Browny's trial tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure we'll already be planning for the worst.

If we were at home I would agree but, as I'm sure you and everyone else knows, we haven't won away yet in the league this season. I hope my doubts are proved wrong though.

#6 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

You couldn't make it up could you:

14 Jul KO:15:00 Championship Rd: 19
Dewsbury Rams v York City Knights
Tetley's Stadium

Ref: C Leatherbarrow

#7 KISS

KISS
  • Players
  • 92 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

Knights fans lets turn up in numbers and get behind the lads on Sunday.

The Coach(es) will leave Ainsty at 12.30 Clarence Street 12.45 Stadium 1.00 York College Tadcaster Road 1.15.

Call 07763121732 to book

#8 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

You couldn't make it up could you:

14 Jul KO:15:00 Championship Rd: 19
Dewsbury Rams v York City Knights
Tetley's Stadium

Ref: C Leatherbarrow

Excellent Referree is Mr Leatherbarrow.

Sometimes a little unsure of himself, but if he trusts in his own decisions, and improves his field positioning to improve on his consistency, it will be a fast and entertaining game - could go either way.

Could be much worse, we could have Ian Smith in a van...

#9 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

Excellent Referree is Mr Leatherbarrow.

Sometimes a little unsure of himself, but if he trusts in his own decisions, and improves his field positioning to improve on his consistency, it will be a fast and entertaining game - could go either way.

Could be much worse, we could have Ian Smith in a van...

Good point

#10 tanghaller

tanghaller
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

Speaking of Mr Smith i asked him why he give that try last thursday and got this reply on twitter!!!!!!!

There was 1 frame where ball was over line & on ground.Only fraction of a sec but thats all the VR needs for it to be a try. IS

#11 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:31 AM

Well that's obviously that then and us told proper eh.

Fair play he answered the question. Be nice if there was a route for everyone to have such questions answered during and after - let refs explain why they're infallible. Might gain more respect by preventing players losing their rags and 10 minutes, £150 or 4 games.

#12 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

So Browny got a 4 match ban last night, bit of a blow when he's on form, but suppose

it gives Elvis & Ben a chance to have a settled partnership for the next few weeks, also

gets Brining back in the 17 which is very important

#13 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

First away win please. If we deny them a bonus point we'll go on level points with them. Think that's a very big ask though.

It would just be nice for us all if the team managed to do what an average Hunslet side did at Keighley last week. You know, the team travel to Dewsbury, they ALL get off the coach, and they compete so as to get at least a bonus point.

COME ON YOU KNIGHTS!!

#14 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:36 AM

Had a dream. We were winning by 12 with seconds to go, went for a cheeky drop goal, scored it, denied them a BP, went ahead of them in the league on points difference. And we were all like "yeeeahaehahehae" and they were all like "awhhhhh, eugh, ffs," etc. :D

#15 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

Had a dream. We were winning by 12 with seconds to go, went for a cheeky drop goal, scored it, denied them a BP, went ahead of them in the league on points difference. And we were all like "yeeeahaehahehae" and they were all like "awhhhhh, eugh, ffs," etc. :D

Would settle for that - noticed on the Rams board about them maybe announcing new & re-signings

for next season - hope the current players who will then be surplus to requirements next year take it badly.

#16 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

This should see a victory for York as confidence must be low for Dewsbury; we cannot string an attack together and have a poor kicking game.

Dewsbury 16 - 28 York
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#17 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

Well our kicking game isnt gonna be what it could've been without Brown. Still, always like a trip to Dewsbury, hoping for a good fair game.

#18 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:06 PM

Well our kicking game isnt gonna be what it could've been without Brown. Still, always like a trip to Dewsbury, hoping for a good fair game.

I don't care whether it is fair or not I WANT AN AWAY LEAGUE WIN!!!

Last time I saw us win away in a proper league away match (no play offs/northern rail cup matches included) was August 2009 when we beat Oldham 37-24, and what a match that was.

I think Presley & Johnston will make a good pairing. If we turn up and play, we will win. But Dewsbury will be no easy turn overs. It will all depend on which York team turns up.

#19 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

Dont forget the drums banned.lol

Edited by EQUALIZER, 13 July 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#20 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

Dont forget the drums banned.lol

Ladgin.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tetleys Stadium, 14/7, 3pm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users