TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Dewsbury v Knights

Tetleys Stadium 14/7 3pm

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Just knew that was coming, shame as it was a good effort apart from the silly errors/penalties

#22 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

FFS

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#23 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

`

Edited by YCKonstantine, 14 July 2013 - 03:42 PM.

It's time to park the camels.

2014 SQL League Leader

2014 SQL Grand Stupid Champion

#24 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

Anyone wanna borrow this rope? Shades2 has bagsyed first drop, then I'm next...

#25 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

Edited by AndyHall, 14 July 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#26 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:30 PM

Edited by AndyHall, 14 July 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#27 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Edited by Spanish Knight, 14 July 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#28 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Yet again we throw a game away, to think we used to say Hunslet players where un fit, think anyone will beat us if they play for the full 80, shocking once again.

Edited by Spanish Knight, 14 July 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#29 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

First things first. It was great to travel and watch the Knights compete and also come away with a bonus point.

BUT, and its a seriously big but, we allowed the POOREST Rams side for many a year to get out of jail. After playing pretty well for 70mins tackling and keeping a lacklustre Dewsbury at bay I thought we went to pieces at the business end, dropping off tackles and giving away far too much ground. The Rams, who only seemed to wake up when Rob Spicer was introduced, said thank you very much.

Last week I felt gutted for the players after that last minute shocker and 50/50 video calls, but I'm afraid that today they only had themselves to blame. We certainly seemed to miss one or two of our experienced players who may have steadied the ship.

#30 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

Spot on Pete.

Didn't think it was possible to feel worse than after the 2 Barrow games, but it is.

GT also spot on - dumb plays, dumb kicking, wrong kicker, wrong decisions, only ourselves

to blame for that defeat against (sorry) a poor team, the worst we have played this year.

See Barrow managed to get another bonus point after the hooter had gone, we really need

to have their staying power to survive in this division this season....

#31 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:06 AM

What I thought weird was how Dewsbury played like they had no game plan at all, until the dews fans started booing them, pointing fingers and insults at individual players and calling for the coach's resignation

#32 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

Anyone wanna borrow this rope? Shades2 has bagsyed first drop, then I'm next...

Andy - did the supporters bus & players make it to the pub?

To sum up the day, assume we left too early..

#33 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:58 PM

Yeah, bit later than expected though. Some red faces and bruised egos

#34 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

Yeah, bit later than expected though. Some red faces and bruised egos

Cheers mate - my fault we missed them - just wanted to get home

#35 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

Yet again we throw a game away, to think we used to say Hunslet players where un fit, think anyone will beat us if they play for the full 80, shocking once again.

With reference to the fitness angle, I remarked to my mate as the players were "warming up " before the game that the way they were going at it in that heat they would be knackered by half time. Just a thought .

#36 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

With reference to the fitness angle, I remarked to my mate as the players were "warming up " before the game that the way they were going at it in that heat they would be knackered by half time. Just a thought .

Sadly John, they were knackered because they spent too much time without the ball and defending after the interval. That's because of silly errors and giving penalties away......
Should we do the same on Sunday, then the outcome is likely to be the same.....

#37 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

Sadly John, they were knackered because they spent too much time without the ball and defending after the interval. That's because of silly errors and giving penalties away......
Should we do the same on Sunday, then the outcome is likely to be the same.....

Agree there Andy - suppose we were not far off completing the job - Joe Picketts big hit

& getting the ball back etc must have been around 78 minutes on the clock

#38 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

One of the worrying things for me is that the amount of postings re this game from the "diehards" appears to be similar to the cup game over in France when most of us didn't attend.

According to my arithmetic there are only 8 individuals posting here and one of those is over in Spain! This is not surprising as there were only a handful of us in the bar before the game, most of those went over to the pop stand leaving just a few of us plus several others I spotted sitting in the main stand. A far cry from the days when Knights fans would fill the bars at away grounds.

This isn't a dig at fans who didn't travel ( people will be on hols etc) but rather a reflection I fear of our teams abysmal efforts away from home. Not one league win in two years says it all really.

The club are at pains to get the York public more involved as well as trying to get more kids to games so as to ensure the future of the club. IMO the team, especially away from home, are undermining those efforts

Now, what happened to that rope?

#39 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 618 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

[slow pendulous swing]
*creak*

#40 vodka queen

vodka queen
  • Coach
  • 533 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

I'm sorry but I'm one of the diehards who unfortunately can't afford the £50 it would probably cost from Newcastle to dewsbury and back (inc entry) to watch what was probably going to be a defeat.. You're right Peter there is only a handful that go to away games.. I normally try and count them... Gone are the days (for the short term hopefully) where the knights crowd used to be a force to be reckoned with.. We need to get back to those days and quickly..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tetleys Stadium, 14/7, 3pm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users