Tetleys Stadium 14/7 3pm

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#41 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,882 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

The supporters bus used to pick up through town and then onto Tadcaster Road for away games, now there's only Bouroughbridge Road, Clarence Street and the ground, this may stop none drivers from other areas getting to the pick up points, would it be worth a try to set off from the ground and try the old pick up route?

#42 KISS

KISS
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

The supporters bus used to pick up through town and then onto Tadcaster Road for away games, now there's only Bouroughbridge Road, Clarence Street and the ground, this may stop none drivers from other areas getting to the pick up points, would it be worth a try to set off from the ground and try the old pick up route?

For the Dewsbury game I added York College to the pick up points as a party of 8 people requested to be picked up there.

The pick  up points generally are Boroughbridge Road, Clarence Street and Huntington Stadium.

The reasons for these pick up points

1. The coach is garaged at Rufforth so travels along Boroughbridge Road on route to Clarence Street where there is a coach park and is on a bus route or in walking distance from the centre of town.

2. The pickup points are consistant no matter where we are playing eg no point driving through the city centre on route to Cumbria.

3. Driving through the centre of York can add another 45 minutes to the journey depending on traffic so the coach will have to set off earlier adding to the cost.

4 NO ONE HAS EVER ASKED TO BE PICKED UP ANYWHERE ELSE. Where do you want to be picked up for the Halifax game and at what time.

#43 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:09 AM

One of the worrying things for me is that the amount of postings re this game from the "diehards" appears to be similar to the cup game over in France when most of us didn't attend.

According to my arithmetic there are only 8 individuals posting here and one of those is over in Spain! This is not surprising as there were only a handful of us in the bar before the game, most of those went over to the pop stand leaving just a few of us plus several others I spotted sitting in the main stand. A far cry from the days when Knights fans would fill the bars at away grounds.

This isn't a dig at fans who didn't travel ( people will be on hols etc) but rather a reflection I fear of our teams abysmal efforts away from home. Not one league win in two years says it all really.

The club are at pains to get the York public more involved as well as trying to get more kids to games so as to ensure the future of the club. IMO the team, especially away from home, are undermining those efforts

Now, what happened to that rope?

Thought it looked pretty reasonable support in the bar before the game Pete, maybe some not

noticed as they don't wear Knights colours which does my head in, just as much as Knights fans

scattered all over the standing stand on Sunday instead of getting together does...

Each to their own - just thought as near to the half way line as possible & all Knights together

would suit most people, but apparently not...

Edited by shades2, 17 July 2013 - 07:12 AM.

#44 Peter G.

Peter G.
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:33 PM

Thought it looked pretty reasonable support in the bar before the game Pete, maybe some not

noticed as they don't wear Knights colours which does my head in, just as much as Knights fans

scattered all over the standing stand on Sunday instead of getting together does...

Each to their own - just thought as near to the half way line as possible & all Knights together

would suit most people, but apparently not...

Yes Col, in my frustration I said a handful whereas there were probs 20 of the same old ugly faces (including us!) with a lot missing.

I spoke to two different groups of Rams fans immediately after the match, the ones sitting behind us who were elated to keep out of the relegation zone but thought their side were woeful, and another group outside who, whilst overjoyed at the result, couldn't believe how their krap team had won. A look at the Rams forum only confirms these views.

If we carry on like this away from home we may end up with our own documentary like the Donny one all those years ago. It would need to be called " Every other bloody Sunday"! :shout:

But as usual we need to move on so will let Gavs Whitehaven thread go top.

#45 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:17 PM

Sadly John, they were knackered because they spent too much time without the ball and defending after the interval. That's because of silly errors and giving penalties away......
Should we do the same on Sunday, then the outcome is likely to be the same.....

Correct Andy, but I reckon the silly errors and giving stupid penalties away were probably caused by fatigue. After all, we were the only team in it by half time and it's the only explanation I can think of for a complete role reversal in the second half.

#46 ANDYPK

ANDYPK
  • Coach
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Well, I have waited nearly a week to post following last weeks debacle, I took a carful to the game then went home had 3 hrs kip, drove to the airport and flew to Majorca early hrs of Monday really hoping the sun and sangria might add a little rose tint to my sunglasses ! plenty of both consumed this week however it has not worked, the memories of last Sunday are still woeful. We were so immature in our 2nd half performance it was shocking, we handed them the game on a silver platter when at 16-4 we should have had enough to kill the game, the worst bit was to see Pryce set up the winning try after 79mins of anonominity, if he can do that every week the may just maybe worth whatever they are paying him. Others have commented on the lack of away support compared to the 'good old days', I also think the team are contributing to this and until they realise this I can't see things changing, its awful stood with 50-100 max when we regularly used to take 300-400 away to most games.

I normally plan my hols around the knights games much to the distain of er indoors, however this year I gave in so will miss tomorrow's game and if we cave in again then Haven will fleece us, had a look at the last few fixtures and we need some wins and BPs quickly, all the sides around us may be as poor some poorer than us, however they appear to have more fighting spirit and at the business end of the season that's what keeps teams up, we need to be tougher and a liitle bit nastier in games at times, presently we are a soft touch and teams know it.

Rob Spicer - was the difference between the sides, superb player ran the ball in hard and really raised the morale of his pack, you could see them lift their game when he started playing, I would take him back tomorrow, we are missing something at the moment. 

Posted Image

#47 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:06 AM

Well, I have waited nearly a week to post following last weeks debacle, I took a carful to the game then went home had 3 hrs kip, drove to the airport and flew to Majorca early hrs of Monday really hoping the sun and sangria might add a little rose tint to my sunglasses ! plenty of both consumed this week however it has not worked, the memories of last Sunday are still woeful. We were so immature in our 2nd half performance it was shocking, we handed them the game on a silver platter when at 16-4 we should have had enough to kill the game, the worst bit was to see Pryce set up the winning try after 79mins of anonominity, if he can do that every week the may just maybe worth whatever they are paying him. Others have commented on the lack of away support compared to the 'good old days', I also think the team are contributing to this and until they realise this I can't see things changing, its awful stood with 50-100 max when we regularly used to take 300-400 away to most games.

I normally plan my hols around the knights games much to the distain of er indoors, however this year I gave in so will miss tomorrow's game and if we cave in again then Haven will fleece us, had a look at the last few fixtures and we need some wins and BPs quickly, all the sides around us may be as poor some poorer than us, however they appear to have more fighting spirit and at the business end of the season that's what keeps teams up, we need to be tougher and a liitle bit nastier in games at times, presently we are a soft touch and teams know it.

Rob Spicer - was the difference between the sides, superb player ran the ball in hard and really raised the morale of his pack, you could see them lift their game when he started playing, I would take him back tomorrow, we are missing something at the moment. 

I'd have to mention young Josh Tonks as well, in the same breath as Spicer. His input also gave the Rams a zest that was previously not apparent.

When you listen to the Rams fans I would say Tonks is a severely undervalued asset. Either that or he just plays very well on the occasions I see him play !! :blink:

#48 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:36 PM

Tonks gives his best every game, but has been out injured for some weeks and returned to perform as he did. I don't know any of our supporters who undervalues him.

Just back to that game, my estimate of our performance before that game nearly came true didn't it? Got out of gaol or what!

When York scored their final try it was suggested that there was a knock on in the build up. Can anyone recall?
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#49 Caldecott

Caldecott
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

Tonks gives his best every game, but has been out injured for some weeks and returned to perform as he did. I don't know any of our supporters who undervalues him.
Just back to that game, my estimate of our performance before that game nearly came true didn't it? Got out of gaol or what!
When York scored their final try it was suggested that there was a knock on in the build up. Can anyone recall?

youtube.com/watch?v=_Va99_KNgxI&feature=m-ch-fea

In my opinion it bounces before coming up to him.

Edited by Caldecott, 22 July 2013 - 07:27 AM.

YCK

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tetleys Stadium, 14/7, 3pm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users