England Lions

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 703 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

When are they playing? Do we know if the squad been cut down from the original 35 yet?

#2 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

Do we care?

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#3 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 703 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

Thought they were made up of conference players?

#4 softhands

softhands
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

The players who have been selected "CARE" .

When they give up there Sundays to travel from all over the country to train on Sunday. They take pride in the shirt they wear !!!

#5 dinosore

dinosore
  • Coach
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

The First game is on Sunday away to Wales,
They play Ireland on the challenge cup final weekend at Hemel, i think they also play the Navy as a curtain raiser so presume the full squad will travel for that game, i think the rfl have arranged tickets for the final.
They play Scotland at Wath Brow but not sure of date.
The squad has probably altered from the original as regards St.Pats players i am pretty sure Tony Suffolk dropped out due to work commitments and Keiran Harrison has been rewarded for his tremendous form with a call up.

#6 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Thought they were made up of conference players?

Not forced to be, I've seen guys selected for the Lionhearts in the past who didn't play for any RLC team.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#7 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 703 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

Different than Lionhearts this season I think

#8 Guardsman

Guardsman
  • Coach
  • 443 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:29 PM

Do we care?

Yes we care and I'm surprised at your reply. The players who have been chosen care. The clubs who are without some of their top players this weekend care. The supporters who like to see players who give their all to the game rewarded and recognised care.

#9 rollman

rollman
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:47 PM

I just think the rep season should be moved to after the season like the pro save teams been without key players through the season the lads are not even aloud to play sat an Sunday

#10 Guardsman

Guardsman
  • Coach
  • 443 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

I agree with you but what do you say to players who have been picked as outstanding representatives for the game ? I'm sure the vast majority of them are divided between club and country and would like it if the two didn't clash.

#11 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

The First game is on Sunday away to Wales,
They play Ireland on the challenge cup final weekend at Hemel, i think they also play the Navy as a curtain raiser so presume the full squad will travel for that game, i think the rfl have arranged tickets for the final.
They play Scotland at Wath Brow but not sure of date.
The squad has probably altered from the original as regards St.Pats players i am pretty sure Tony Suffolk dropped out due to work commitments and Keiran Harrison has been rewarded for his tremendous form with a call up.

15th September according to Scotland RL website.

"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#12 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:55 AM

Anybody know the squad?

#13 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:14 PM

Yes we care and I'm surprised at your reply. The players who have been chosen care. The clubs who are without some of their top players this weekend care. The supporters who like to see players who give their all to the game rewarded and recognised care.

It is fine for the players who have been selected but it is less so for the clubs that have to manage without them, this forum is riddled with various reasons for players going missing during the Summer season, so what happens? Their best players join the list of absentees. Pathetic.

#14 hull reporter

hull reporter
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

Agree with that just as relagation battles and top 6 places are taking place some teams will lose 2 of there better players whilst others wont. This cud be very vital a couple of losses whilst having players in this England set up.

#15 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 703 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

It is fine for the players who have been selected but it is less so for the clubs that have to manage without them, this forum is riddled with various reasons for players going missing during the Summer season, so what happens? Their best players join the list of absentees. Pathetic.

Your comments earlier are pathetic, it's been in calendar for god knows how long so deal with it, always same people moaning. Lets get behind our lads that play the game for free week in week out and have deservedly been picked to represent their country. Lets get some positives comments and support on here.

#16 rollman

rollman
  • Coach
  • 202 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:12 AM

Maybe it will get the support it deserves when they pick players on ability and not a name!lads in the team that have hardly played all season!! But good luck to th hope it's a more competitive series this year what's achieved by beating teams by 60-70 points

#17 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 703 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

[quote name="rollman" post="2742415" timestamp="1373440344"]

Maybe it will get the support it deserves when they pick players on ability and not a name!lads in the team that have hardly played all season!! But good luck to th hope it's a more competitive series this year what's achieved by beating teams by 60-70 points[/quote

Squad different from last year isn't it? What are the other nations like? Got no knowledge of them at all, aren't they all coached by English coaches?

#18 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:36 AM

Your comments earlier are pathetic

You haven't got the hang of using a forum yet, have you? 

#19 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 703 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

You haven't got the hang of using a forum yet, have you?

Hardly use it so doesn't really bother me how to as long as I say what I want to say. Your negative end of, if you want to tell me how to use it for future reference that would be good, if not then I will carry on till someone does :)

#20 Dwain Pipe

Dwain Pipe
  • Players
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:03 AM

The England dates were apparently picked on backlog dates so as not to impact on the clubs. The early season cancelations have affected the fixture list so beyond the Lions control. Only two max in the 17 per club also & looking at the squad id say it is most definately picked on merit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users