Sam Tomkins Sams team skysports

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 harrytats

harrytats
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:51 PM

Just watched his series on Sky Sports Sams Team- Seems like a genuinely quite good guy... Far more brains than any footballer and can string a sentence together!

Shame that it looks like he's definitely going down under, but fair enough. Will miss watching him every week but can understand he's gotta cash in while he can...

http://www.samtomkin...am-episode-one/

#2 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,845 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

I keep watching these on YT and ending up with a big grin on my face. It is good stuff.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#3 harrytats

harrytats
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:21 AM

Yeah, a real ambassador for the game.

#4 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

indeed, he's matured a lot over the last few years!

#5 harrytats

harrytats
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

Yeah, since that infamous two finger salute at Leeds...!

#6 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:30 PM

Frankly at the age he as back then I was far worse (though fortunately in a publicly invisible role).

It summed up for me how much he'd matured by his little debate with Briers in the Warrington match.

#7 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:33 PM

It summed up for me how much he'd matured by his little debate with Briers in the Warrington match.

That still makes me laugh.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#8 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

Why does there appear to be an 'all rugby league players are thick' stereotype?

#9 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,588 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:12 PM

Why does there appear to be an 'all rugby league players are thick' stereotype?

Sky didn't help last night by interviewing Ben Cockayne.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#10 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 3,588 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

Yeah, since that infamous two finger salute at Leeds...!

I found that rather endearing.
The Unicorn is not a Goose,

#11 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,731 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

Why does there appear to be an 'all rugby league players are thick' stereotype?

Where?

#12 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,882 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

Where?

Widnes especially.

rldfsignature.jpg

#13 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,731 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

Lol.....that hurts my feelings......

#14 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

I got home last night and found that the BBC were looping The Superleague Show on the red button, which was a pleasant surprise. Shaun Lunt was the interview subject and turned out to be a pretty articulate young man.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#15 scrape_goose

scrape_goose
  • Coach
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:12 AM

I got home last night and found that the BBC were looping The Superleague Show on the red button, which was a pleasant surprise. Shaun Lunt was the interview subject and turned out to be a pretty articulate young man.

But I bet you can't help saying a little rhyme in your head every time you hear his name, despite what a great guy he may or may not be.

#16 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,845 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:24 PM

When those kids play a full game, it'll be interesting to see what Sam does when one of his charges stands at acting-half, screaming and bawling at the referee until he gets a penalty. A b***ocking, or a pat on the back?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#17 RidingPie

RidingPie
  • Coach
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:19 AM

I didn't see him doing anything more than other players last night.

It should be cracked down on but universally not just on one man.

#18 The Bobster

The Bobster
  • Coach
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

LOL Years ago I got a bad school report and my mum, who was a headmistress calmed down after reading the riot act said "You'd better concentrate on your Rugby"

Posted Image

#19 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:00 AM

But I bet you can't help saying a little rhyme in your head every time you hear his name, despite what a great guy he may or may not be.

What rhymes with Cockermouth?  ;)

#20 XIII

XIII
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

Have you listened to the mad Monday radio show by rugby am on Yorkshire radio at 7pm on a monday with Keith Senior? I'd say while all are clearly not thick a lot absolutely are. This could be a quality show but it comes across as childish, with the players incapable of sensible discussion on the game issues, the opposite to how it is on the NRL footy show which it is trying to copy. Last night when discussing which 2 clubs would be likely to drop out next year, Kyle Amor said it should definitely be London because he can't be arsed having to travel down there for away games. This was met with hilarity in the studio. I just can't imagine an NRL or Union play saying this as they know how to be professional in those type of environments.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sam Tomkins, Sams team, skysports

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users