Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Englands NRL players

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,198 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

Haven't had the time recently to watch much NRL but so can anyone provide an update on how Englands NRL players are getting on?

Last I heard Graham came back from his ban on fire, Sam and George Burgess were playing immense. Gareth Widdop was playing quite well before he dislocated his hip. Jack Reeds form has dipped this season whilst I haven't heard much about Luke Burgess and Chris Heighington.

For all those who haven't seen much NRL recently I found a highlights of all the English players playing in the NRL, it really is a great watch. Favourite part has got to be James Graham at 1:54, thank god the creator lowers the music for us to hear him.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=j5VlVizOOao

#2 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Widdop injured, Reed injured at the weekend, George Burgess got anhillated, smashed up a car and is consequently now suspended... all since macca got out there, he's had a great effect on the lads.

#3 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

What a ridiculous comment, why suggest such a thing?

#4 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

What a ridiculous comment, why suggest such a thing?

tongue in cheek mate. He's gonna have no one left to watch soon! On another note Chris Heighington isn't even in the running is he?

#5 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

tongue in cheek mate. He's gonna have no one left to watch soon! On another note Chris Heighington isn't even in the running is he?

That'll teach you to try and make a joke!

As for Heighington, if that bloke is in the squad, I'm switching my support to Lebabon!

#6 faz'_nose

faz'_nose
  • Coach
  • 326 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

At the weekend, George Burgess returned and made 186m. Sam made 163m. James Graham had, statistically, one of his poorer games - although he did complete 40 tackles. Jack Reed dislocated his collarbone and will be out for 4-6 weeks. Tom and Luke Burgess are breathing down the necks of the current Souths front rowers - Tom was 18th man having replaced George in the previous two matches and Luke is gaining game time in the NSW Cup. Heighington regularly puts in solid/good performances. Widdop, despite the injury, has stated that he expects to return at the back-end of the season.