Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Callum P

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 824 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

Well done young un, on your try of the week, keep them coming  Callum..

#2 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 275 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

Is Callum on 1 or 2 years?
bluewhitearmy

#3 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

Brilliant for the lad, he`s really made the step up from amateurs look easy. I dont think its going to matter what contract he has bluewhite10, I expect to see SL clubs taking a good look at him for next season.

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:22 AM

i think he was on 2 years, and i would suspect hell have at least one more year to continue to grow into the game. as for his try he was the finisher but it was a great combo between red and lawton to set him up, and i think red deserves most the credit for the score. the big fella is showing that he can break the line and has a bit of pace with him as well, now just for those cramps.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#5 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

Some whispers down here that Leeds Rhinos are watching both Callum and his brother with a view to signing them.

Posted Image

#6 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Some whispers down here that Leeds Rhinos are watching both Callum and his brother with a view to signing them.

There's plenty of whispers up here about who is watching him and who he might be signing for....  It would be a shame to lose him to a SL club.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#7 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

It would be a shame, but also great to see another young talent nurtured by us get to the top level.

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

That's what guys play rugby for . Callum's been a star this season , Brett's been good ,but maybe its just me but after last year I expected a bit more from him this year . He's been solid but not spectacular on the whole . I'm talking relatively of course , because he's so talented , and his standards are so high . Injury didn't help of course .

Edited by DavidM, 10 July 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#9 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:28 PM

That's what guys play rugby for . Callum's been a star this season , Brett's been good ,but maybe its just me but after last year I expected a bit more from him this year . He's been solid but not spectacular on the whole . I'm talking relatively of course , because he's so talented , and his standards are so high . Injury didn't help of course .

I would hope they would stay with us for a couple of years yet. We need them in this league and would leaving a good job backed up semi pro money be a good idea for them at this stage of their careers. They have time on their side

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:43 PM

Callum's just a rugby baby , no rush for him especially , but if I was Leeds I'd be thinking there's the next rob burrow in the making

#11 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:07 AM

2 class players them 2 would make the step up i reckon the crack on the sellafield rumour mill is james newton is going to saints next season just shows the chance is there if you wanna take it

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,431 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

Yep as I say Nathan Brown is unique in judging players ...

#13 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

ha its mike rush who,s seen him play twice liked what he saw apparently

#14 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,218 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:07 PM

yeah brown knows a good hooker when he sees one...like lunty....oh wait a minute.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users