RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

England's first World Cup game in Wales

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:37 PM

All fixtures are here: http://www.rlwc2013.com/fixtures

#22 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:53 PM

Want to know why we aren't taken seriously as a sport? Because we have far too many outraged fans who love to bleat 'No wonder we aren't taken seriously as a sport' for every tiny little thing that they don't completely agree with, when in reality the thing they are moaning about isn't even on a radar to anybody outside the game. Thats why we aren't taken seriously as a sport.

Spot on.

We get fixtures at Cardiff, Wembley & Old Trafford. What's not to be excited about?

Whatever plan the RLWC2013 team came up with, it wouldn't have suited everybody, but we're now starting to see people moaning that they can't get the precise tickets they want (League Weekly postbag this week), so they can't have done such a bad job.

Tickets have been on sale for months now, we've still got 3 and a half months to go, and maybe we might start changing some people's mindset, that they just wait to the last minute and get any ticket they want for almost nothing. A few sell outs and some people missing out would be great news and might help to get people to start putting a proper value on our game.

#23 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

We're now starting to see people moaning that they can't get the precise tickets they want (League Weekly postbag this week), so they can't have done such a bad job.

What are they saying? I am moaning as they haven't released the central Upper East Stand tickets at Cardiff or Club Wembley yet. I am only moaning because I am impatient and can't wait to wait to buy my tickets for these events. :D

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#24 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,136 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

What are they saying? I am moaning as they haven't released the central Upper East Stand tickets at Cardiff or Club Wembley yet. I am only moaning because I am impatient and can't wait to wait to buy my tickets for these events. :D

"I felt I had to share my terrible experience", "keen to show my Cardiff friends how could rugby league can be..." only tickets were "£60 each!" "I myself shall be watching my emails for the inevitable last minute panic offer when they realise they have 40,000 empty seats".

Usual sort of tosh. Wonder how much the equivalent union event would have cost at the same stadium, and people would have been falling over themselves to snap tickets up for the bargain of £60.

#25 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

"I felt I had to share my terrible experience", "keen to show my Cardiff friends how could rugby league can be..." only tickets were "£60 each!" "I myself shall be watching my emails for the inevitable last minute panic offer when they realise they have 40,000 empty seats".

The clown in question didn't see the £20-£40 tickets either then? Some people are pathetic.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#26 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

Want to know why we aren't taken seriously as a sport? Because we have far too many outraged fans who love to bleat 'No wonder we aren't taken seriously as a sport' for every tiny little thing that they don't completely agree with, when in reality the thing they are moaning about isn't even on a radar to anybody outside the game. Thats why we aren't taken seriously as a sport.

A couple of my mates were arguing over the cricket the other week. One disagreed with England playing an Ashse warm up game in Wales. The other, a staunch cricket fan, said that is is because the governing body is the 'England and Wales Cricket Board'. I'm not a cricket fan really, but that didn't register with me and I imagine the argument would in turn be lost on non-RL sports fans as well.

#27 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 18,571 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

The clown in question didn't see the £20-£40 tickets either then? Some people are pathetic.

Or chose not to see the £20-£40 tickets in order to justify his relentless negativity, which is equally likely.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users