Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Walton announces hes signed for Salford

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,938 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:12 PM

Walton made a big contribution in the NRC final. Hope he makes a go of SL.

#22 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,570 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:12 PM

Walton made a big contribution in the NRC final. Hope he makes a go of SL.

He did, scored a decent try from a bit of a Handforth move, as well as his general all round work. He never shirked a challenge and always worked hard for us and I reckon that's the most we can ask from someone. I also remember him getting in Tadulala's (apologies for the spelling) face at keighley last season and making it very uncomfortable for him. You could see he was relishing the challenge of playing against a recent SL player.

#23 Kiddzyy69

Kiddzyy69
  • Players
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

I don't think it's rational to pinpoint one single incident as being indicative of 'why we won't miss him'. He's given us plenty of great moments during his time with us, despite some obvious flaws to his game. However, if it wasn't for those flaws, he wouldn't have been with us in the first place. It'll be difficult for us to find a replacement who's as hard-running and committed as him. In terms of a replacement, I can think of anyone off the top of my head who would provide the 'service' to his wingman that people are quoting. There's a real dearth of quality centres at this level, and many are now simply second-rowers with an extra yard of pace. I like the look of Danny Lawton at Keighley, and Jake Normington from East Leeds would make a terrific addition to our squad - if he could be convinced to return to the professional game.

looks like hunslet may of beat us to him as they've just announced the signing of him (seen on twitter)

#24 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:23 PM

looks like hunslet may of beat us to him as they've just announced the signing of him (seen on twitter)

Signed a contract until the end of the season. Maybe worth keeping an eye on?

Posted Image

#25 flyfisherman

flyfisherman
  • Players
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

Always given 100% in a Batley shirt. Puzzled as to where they're going to use him though - not big enough for a top flight forward and not fast enough for a centre at the highest level. I guess he'll make a decent squad player for them, though. Good luck to him.

Good luck to the kid. Its a short career and it must be every RL player's to play at the highest level possible. For my money size is not the key issue its the heart under the shirt and the space between the ears

#26 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,194 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

Now I know why I never made it :girlwah:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#27 vitocorleone

vitocorleone
  • Coach
  • 677 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:05 PM

Didn't Walton come to you from Salford in the first place ? Think Brown, Johnson, Moore and even Walmsley were on SL books before they went to Batley. I can't honestly remember the last player from the HW, who went to SL without having been at least a SL academy player first. It is good to know though, that the SL have at last recognised the value of letting players develop through the lower tier. 

Luke Menzies

#28 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

I believe The Beaver was on the books at BOTH Bradford Bulls and Salford before finding his way to us, Vito.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users