Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

STATE OF ORIGIN - THE DECIDER - NSW vs QLD - Wed 17 July

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

Meanwhile....

Half time: Brisbane 0 Cronulla 0

final 18-19

Edited by Bleep1673, 12 July 2013 - 11:50 AM.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#22 CGD

CGD
  • Coach
  • 844 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

I'll be surprised if this game is getting away from either team by halftime, but Tamou and Woods do need to have massive games for us to win. Thing is, their one game each so far have been poor/ineffective. Tamou wasn't good in his return against the Raiders either.

Boyd in for Reynolds is a very good and relieving decision though. It seems very much based on Gallen being out more than Daley simply conceding that Reynolds has been a waste of a bench spot. Boyd is a very good player, I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes.

#23 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

Eight in a Row CGD............. Queenslander!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;) 

Edited by AndyCapp, 12 July 2013 - 01:49 PM.

#24 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,755 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

It seems Ryan Giggs will be attending - "I've also got a text off Andrew Johns telling me in no uncertain terms who to support. I'm in Sydney, so I'll be supporting New South Wales.".

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#25 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,647 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

Well, I wonder what David Moyes is making of this contest. Didn't expect to see him there.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#26 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 5,974 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:53 AM

Well, I wonder what David Moyes is making of this contest. Didn't expect to see him there.

He used to invite Saints to train at Everton when millward was there. There was a story that after training the Everton players would just walk off leaving empty drinks bottles and cones and equipment everywhere. Moyes couldn't believe that at the end of a session the Saints players would automatically go round picking everything up.

#27 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

He was interviewed at half time at pitchside

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#28 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:22 PM

80 minutes of relentless entertainment

#29 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,755 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:37 PM

80 minutes of relentless entertainment

Don't worry; someone will be along with a whinge shortly. ;)

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#30 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,755 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

The match as it happened.

#31 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,852 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

Don't worry; someone will be along with a whinge shortly. ;)

*looks for RL journos on twitter*

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#32 CGD

CGD
  • Coach
  • 844 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

Well.

Ok, congrats to QLD. Already were, but just reaffirming themselves as best Origin team ever. They didn't do that easy, but they won away again. NSW were tough.

Thought it was a great game, worthy of an Origin decider. You'll have to excuse this New South Welshman if I'm not any more superlative than that tonight though.

Really unlucky to lose Lewis for the remainder of the match. Arguably our best player this series and has been a huge threat on that right edge, but that's footy.

I'm on holidays. Currently in Macau which is proving to be pretty damn awesome so I'm gonna go back to holiday mode and enjoying myself. Did the world's highest bungee jump today off Macau Tower, my first bungee ever. Super duper fun, but I was WAY more nervous watching tonight's game.

Back to it.

#33 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,547 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

Isn't it about time they binned this State of Origin malarkey. What is it now? Eight series on the trot. Or how about giving Western Australia a go instead of NSW. They can't be less competitive can they?

rldfsignature.jpg

#34 MrFussy

MrFussy
  • Coach
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

Isn't it about time they binned this State of Origin malarkey. What is it now? Eight series on the trot. Or how about giving Western Australia a go instead of NSW. They can't be less competitive can they?

With a young side lacking two of its best players NSW lost the deciding game by 2 points to arguably one of the greatest Origin teams ever. Binning it would be rather drastic.

Edited by MrFussy, 17 July 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#35 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,680 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

:D

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#36 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

fantastic game, brill to watch, as tough as it gets good to see the whole united team seeing some tough stuff they might not fall over so easy next time ;)

oh and they should ban the muppet that ran on the pitch for life, spoiled what was setting up to be a superb finish.

Edited by my missus, 17 July 2013 - 11:03 PM.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#37 koli

koli
  • Coach
  • 165 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:46 AM

Greg Bird threw in a couple of dives that would have been fully appreciated by the Man U squad!

#38 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,755 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

Naughty! :D

#39 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

"Am I in trouble now?" - Streaker

http://www.guardian....r-wati-holmwood

#40 ckn

ckn
  • Admin
  • 16,544 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

"Am I in trouble now?" - Streaker

http://www.guardian....r-wati-holmwood

It didn't take long for the pics to be turned into amusement. :D

Arguing with the forum trolls is like playing chess with a pigeon.  No matter how good you are, the bird will **** on the board and strut around like it won anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users