• 564 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:28 AM

Brilliant!

#42 ParraEelsNRL

ParraEelsNRL
  • Coach
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:55 AM

Don't know how many may have seen this, but these are some serious numbers.

http://www.theaustra...6-1226681793283

State of Origin Twitter impressions boosted to over a billion by football-loving celebrities

FOOTBALL-LOVING celebrities helped the NRL generate more than a billion Twitter impressions across the State of Origin series, rivalling social media campaigns run by global giants like the U.S. Super Bowl.

#43 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 05:58 AM

Don't know how many may have seen this, but these are some serious numbers.

http://www.theaustra...6-1226681793283

Any idea who some of the less obvious celebrities might be Parra?

rldfsignature.jpg

#44 CGD

CGD
  • Coach
  • 845 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:48 PM

Amazing TV ratings and attendance records for Origin decider and 2013 series.

http://www.nrl.com/o...41/default.aspx

In short:

- Highest rating Rugby League match of all time.
- Highest rating Origin match of all time.
- Highest rating Origin series of all time.
- Biggest attendance for an Origin match.
- Biggest attendance for an Origin series.

Rugby League was also the most watched program Wednesday in AFL heartlands, Melbourne and Adelaide.

Wow.

#45 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,791 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

thats fantastic coverage if only we could generate a 10th of that.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#46 jpmc

jpmc
  • Coach
  • 497 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

Fantastic for southern hemosphere rugby league.
Surely ther'll come a point were the NRL will need to accept clubs from the islands in order to keep the sport growing thus leading to two divisions?

#47 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

Fantastic for southern hemosphere rugby league.
Surely ther'll come a point were the NRL will need to accept clubs from the islands in order to keep the sport growing thus leading to two divisions?

Which Clubs are you talking about?

There is already two competitions that sit below the NRL in  QLD and NSW

#48 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

Which Clubs are you talking about?
There is already two competitions that sit below the NRL in  QLD and NSW

I can't honestly see any pacific island teams entering the NRL, ever. IMO The only likely pacific team to be playing in an Australian competition would be a port moresby based PNG side competing in the Queensland cup, as countries like tonga, Samoa, cook islands don't have either the populations or the economies to support them and in the cases of Fiji(1 million people) and png(5-6 million people) although with larger populations they are still 3rd world countries. Doesn't the opening up of new TV markets and audiences play a large part in expansion in the NRL? Like western Australia, south Australia, south island new Zealand etc.

#49 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:06 AM

I can't honestly see any pacific island teams entering the NRL, ever. IMO The only likely pacific team to be playing in an Australian competition would be a port moresby based PNG side competing in the Queensland cup, as countries like tonga, Samoa, cook islands don't have either the populations or the economies to support them and in the cases of Fiji(1 million people) and png(5-6 million people) although with larger populations they are still 3rd world countries. Doesn't the opening up of new TV markets and audiences play a large part in expansion in the NRL? Like western Australia, south Australia, south island new Zealand etc.

Walter you summed it up in a nutshell.

#50 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

Walter you summed it up in a nutshell.

Cheers andy, I maybe imagining things but wasn't there a guy from south Africa interested in getting a south African side in the NRL or it could have been Wellington NZ? Either way do you think we'll ever see a south African NRL side?

#51 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

Cheers andy, I maybe imagining things but wasn't there a guy from south Africa interested in getting a south African side in the NRL or it could have been Wellington NZ? Either way do you think we'll ever see a south African NRL side?

More chance of a South African team than a Pacific Island Team I think.

Not much chance of either in reality, the Pacific Island players that get scouted or move to Australia and play in the Qld or NSW cups and move on from there.

Similar to the Kiwi players.

Its as likely that the Falkland Islands will put a team in ESL as there is a team from Tonga, Cook Islands, Samoa or Fiji in the NRL.

Edited by AndyCapp, 21 July 2013 - 10:39 AM.

#52 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:46 AM

More chance of a South African team than a Pacific Island Team I think.
Not much chance of either in reality, the Pacific Island players that get scouted or move to Australia and play in the Qld or NSW cups and move on from there.
Similar to the Kiwi players.

Its as likely that the Falkland Islands will put a team in ESL as there is a team from Tonga, Cook Islands, Samoa or Fiji in the NRL.

Agreed, I think the more realistic options on expansion in the NRL are Perth, central coast, second NZ team and another Queensland
Side from either central Queensland or a 2nd Brisbane side. Personally I'd like to see another NZ side but can see Perth being the next expansion side, whenever that is.

#53 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 2,917 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

Another Brisbane side would work well, the Broncos are not everyone in Brisbane's favourite Club.

#54 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

Another Brisbane side would work well, the Broncos are not everyone in Brisbane's favourite Club.

Would the team actually be based in Brisbane or in the Ipswich-Logan area whose population is growing and is also a rugby league stronghold? Also the central Queensland bid seemed to come out of nowhere, although the area is sparsely populated I believe it's also a rugby league stronghold and some of Australia's largest corporations and potential investors are based there, aren't they?

#55 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

In short:

Rugby League was also the most watched program Wednesday in AFL heartlands, Melbourne and Adelaide.

Wow.

In short:

Wow.

If only SOO had the Aussie Rules state's I wonder how big a game it would be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users