Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

wakefield

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:48 AM

just heard wakey in trouble again money wise players not been paid for a month and glover not funding them anymore ????

#2 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

On the television they were saying the ground project was moving forward. Bit of a contradiction then in the info.

#3 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:06 PM

On the television they were saying the ground project was moving forward. Bit of a contradiction then in the info.

Did they say two thirds funded Colin? Still some way to go but progress nonetheless. I wouldn't be surprised if they are in trouble, I don't know how they can make it pay offering season tickets at half price. The Bulls made the same mistake.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#4 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:47 PM

I think you are right Terry. It crossed my mind that it might be better in the reconstruction to have one league as in the old days. Then the Yorkshire clubs played each other and then had games against their nearest teams in the league from the previous year against the Lancashire clubs. Say 28 teams with the rest making a junior division. That would mean us for instance playing Leeds, Wkaefield, Cas, Huddersfield, Wigan, Warrington, St Helens and so on. Have a top 8 play off. It would cut out all this licence business and keep things straight forward. Cut out unnecessary expense to try to stay in SL and the need to overtrade. Not one of the options. Talk about businessmen where are they?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users