Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

World Cup sales reach 40%

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,728 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

Plenty of things happening on match days and in the build up to the games, with some more to be added in due course...

http://www.townrlfc....le.php?id=10708

The March to the Match is going to be pretty spectacular from what I've been told.

thanks mate. Is it worth staying over or would you recommend a local alternative?

#22 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,788 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

thanks mate. Is it worth staying over or would you recommend a local alternative?

For your info, the main stand at Workington has practically sold out for both their games according to the website. No doubt, there will be plenty of people buying standing tickets too.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#23 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:52 AM

Will you be dragging your old man along?

I'll try my best to get him to the games at Craven Park, mate :)

#24 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 591 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

Total Available capacity for the event is just under 595,000, so if we are at 40% of that, then we are around the 238,000 mark.

If we are that high, then we have exceeded the cumulative crowds for 9 of the previous 13 World Cups, and are sitting at an average of 8,500 per game. (2000 tournament average was 8,514).

Posted Image

#25 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

Stay over if you can, we have some nice eateries and drinkeries (I made that word up, good eh) and I`m sure the locals will take to you. Bare in mind we are only 20 minutes from the lakes so plenty of nice places to stop, though as I said theres some decent places in Workington.

#26 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,728 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:30 PM

Stay over if you can, we have some nice eateries and drinkeries (I made that word up, good eh) and I`m sure the locals will take to you. Bare in mind we are only 20 minutes from the lakes so plenty of nice places to stop, though as I said theres some decent places in Workington.

Cheers thanks. I'm driving down from Edinburgh and google says it's around 3hrs, so can't really be bothered doing a return journey in one day.

My partner may be a bit annoyed if I booked us into a hotel in a dodgy hole though! I'll have a look, cheers.

#27 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,908 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:48 PM

Cheers thanks. I'm driving down from Edinburgh and google says it's around 3hrs, so can't really be bothered doing a return journey in one day.

My partner may be a bit annoyed if I booked us into a hotel in a dodgy hole though! I'll have a look, cheers.

If you're staying in Workington I'd recommend the Waverley Hotel, a good recently refurbished 3 star hotel about 5 mins walk from Derwent Park. Although its a hotel its bar has a "local pub" atmosphere and it has many regulars who are RL fans including the landlord himself. Its handily placed, 5 mins to DP in one direction and 5 mins into the town centre in the other.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#28 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

If you're staying in Workington I'd recommend the Waverley Hotel, a good recently refurbished 3 star hotel about 5 mins walk from Derwent Park. Although its a hotel its bar has a "local pub" atmosphere and it has many regulars who are RL fans including the landlord himself. Its handily placed, 5 mins to DP in one direction and 5 mins into the town centre in the other.

Or the Waverley in Whitehaven.

#29 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

I'll try my best to get him to the games at Craven Park, mate :)

I can't believe you don't intend going to the KC for England v Fiji. Come on, don't let your prejudices get in the way of supporting the WC.

rldfsignature.jpg

#30 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

Yeah, del will look after any rl fans. if yoy want a bit of luxury theres the washington, or if you want to see the lakes there's loads of nice places.

#31 ParraEelsNRL

ParraEelsNRL
  • Coach
  • 1,245 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

Great news.

#32 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,996 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

I agree - what if they've only made 40 % of 40 % available and sold 40 % of those? Where would be without our resident French cynic? A happier place, perhaps?
  • dkw likes this

#33 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,585 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

I agree - what if they've only made 40 % of 40 % available and sold 40 % of those? Where would be without our resident French cynic? A happier place, perhaps?

I think around 40% happier, depending on who was given that 40% and if it really was 40% or 4.0% of 40%. or something.

#34 Gruff

Gruff
  • Coach
  • 645 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

And what happens when only 40% of those turn up, due to a 40% chance of rain or the fact that 40% of the players playing in the tournament were born in Australia.

My head hurts....40% of the time....

#35 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,728 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

If 40% HAVE BEEN SOLD THEN THAT IS EXCELLENT NEWS.

However if its 40% of what has been made available then that is NOT good news as it would = only around 20% of the total tickets being sold so far.

Given the RFL,s record on spin (Especially when it comes to ticket sales) it would be good to know what the REAL figure actually is.

CM

20% of total would be around 120k, considering they announced 100k sales ages back, I suspect the 200k+ number is more accurate.

#36 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

Just bought tickets for Italy v Tonga at Halifax. Tickets are only on sale in the East Stand and the South Stand Terrace. They've sold 773 tickets in the south stand which isn't too shabby.

512 terrace tickets have been sold for Australia v Fiji at St Helens.

254 terrace tickets sold for the Quarter Final at Warrington and 599 terrace tickets sold for the Quarter Final at Headingley.

#37 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,728 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

Just bought tickets for Italy v Tonga at Halifax. Tickets are only on sale in the East Stand and the South Stand Terrace. They've sold 773 tickets in the south stand which isn't too shabby.

512 terrace tickets have been sold for Australia v Fiji at St Helens.

254 terrace tickets sold for the Quarter Final at Warrington and 599 terrace tickets sold for the Quarter Final at Headingley.

How do you get the numbers for standing tickets mate? Is it just based on numbers when you put it into your basket?

#38 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

How do you get the numbers for standing tickets mate? Is it just based on numbers when you put it into your basket?

Yes. You get a seat number even though it's a terrace. I bought my tickets and then about half an hour later on went in to buy another 2 and got the next two sequential numbers as my seat numbers.

#39 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

Yes. You get a seat number even though it's a terrace. I bought my tickets and then about half an hour later on went in to buy another 2 and got the next two sequential numbers as my seat numbers.

If that's the case, and I came to the same conclusion, then over 150 standing tickets have been sold for the Warrington QF in the last 2 weeks and over 250 standing at Leeds

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#40 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,728 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Have they tweaked some of the pricing?

I paid a tenner to stand at Workington for the Scotland v Italy game yet the cheapest ticket is now £15 - not sure if I purchased mine on an offer though, nothing mentioned on my account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users