Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Another TV match - AWAY

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,678 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

The Sheffield v Town match is now going to be shown on Premier Sports - http://www.townrlfc....le.php?id=11785

I think Town must be one of the few Championship clubs that hasn't had a home game televised, if not the only one. We have had 4 previous at Hunslet, Doncaster (2) and Keighley. When are Premier Sports going to give us a home game instead of us always having to be away during midweek?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,323 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

You've got to be kidding . How do we get out of this , they take the Michael out of us time n time again .. Another great showing of us for the viewer . I can just hear it every time we're on , ' how are they where they are in the league ? ' . This stinks , we're not at the North Pole up here . It isn't fair and we get no favours or equal treatment from these . We've seen the glorious rec pastures loads of times in recent years . Tell them no until we get a firm home date commitment .

Edited by DavidM, 09 July 2013 - 12:25 PM.

#3 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:41 PM

Is our match against you on TV? It's certainly down as a Thursday night at 19:30pm but I've not heard/seen anything about it being on TV.

It's time to park the camels.

#4 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:49 PM

Every team plays that thurs we play York cause its the challenge cup weekend final

#5 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

Is our match against you on TV? It's certainly down as a Thursday night at 19:30pm but I've not heard/seen anything about it being on TV.

Think all fixtures are being played that night as its the Thursday before the Challenge Cup Final
Super Clarty Git Amang It Dip Fer Dippin Owt In

#6 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,678 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

I think we are being put on by Premier Sports and the RFL. The game was already arranged for that date because of Sheffield's cup fixture this weekend so it's an easy option for them this week to put this game on on the re-arranged date.

Haven's game at Sheffield was scheduled to be played on Thursday, 6th June and they objected to travelling mid-week to South Yorkshire and got it changed to Sunday, 9th June. We just seem to accept whatever they throw at us and yet we still can't get a home game where say a Yorkshire team has to travel to play us. So how do Haven manage it?

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#7 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

Thats ###### same as us last week at York. Pants as Liam Campbell couldnt get time off work and missed the game !!!!

All concerned in allocating the thursday night game just dont put any thought into it.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#8 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:00 PM

Think all fixtures are being played that night as its the Thursday before the Challenge Cup Final

Ah, thanks for clearing that up!

It's time to park the camels.

#9 Nero

Nero
  • Coach
  • 711 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

I think we are being put on by Premier Sports and the RFL. The game was already arranged for that date because of Sheffield's cup fixture this weekend so it's an easy option for them this week to put this game on on the re-arranged date.

Haven's game at Sheffield was scheduled to be played on Thursday, 6th June and they objected to travelling mid-week to South Yorkshire and got it changed to Sunday, 9th June. We just seem to accept whatever they throw at us and yet we still can't get a home game where say a Yorkshire team has to travel to play us. So how do Haven manage it?

Maybe they have someone with influence at Premier Sports.  ;)

#10 Alineden

Alineden
  • Players
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

Are we looking at this the wrong way. Ok I agree it's not ideal but:
1. Personally it means I get to see Town play a game I wouldn't otherwise have seen because I don't travel to away games these days.
2. If the televised game was at home I'd be at Derwent Park watching it so nothing gained there.
3. If we under perform away from home that's down to the players and coaches not Premier Sports.
4. Player availability. Ok we have seen instances of players being unavailable to play because they have gone on holiday during the season. Is it not then reasonable to expect players to put in a days leave or even two on the rare occasion they have to play midweek.

I don't expect this to be a popular reply I'm just offering a few alternative views for discussion.

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,323 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:32 PM

Don't worry about that last bit mate , all reasoned opinions welcome and good to read .

#12 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 287 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

Dont see the point in the criticism . We were already playing then so whats the prob??
Just gives us all a chance to see a glorious .......

Do agree that we are due a home TV match

#13 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,323 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

The original point is right of course , its just a frustration at when they choose to show us but vented slightly wrongly by me there . Things are stacked against us putting a decent show on for viewers with the games we get exposure in , and they become purgatory to watch !!! Just one trip up here where we play much better , and with our newly fresh WC stadium would be nice . We would welcome Woodsy as he climbed the gantry nicely ..

Edited by DavidM, 09 July 2013 - 08:26 PM.

#14 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

Are we looking at this the wrong way. Ok I agree it's not ideal but:
1. Personally it means I get to see Town play a game I wouldn't otherwise have seen because I don't travel to away games these days.
2. If the televised game was at home I'd be at Derwent Park watching it so nothing gained there.
3. If we under perform away from home that's down to the players and coaches not Premier Sports.
4. Player availability. Ok we have seen instances of players being unavailable to play because they have gone on holiday during the season. Is it not then reasonable to expect players to put in a days leave or even two on the rare occasion they have to play midweek.

I don't expect this to be a popular reply I'm just offering a few alternative views for discussion.

For what it's worth I agree with you mate.

It's far from ideal for the lads travelling down there midweek but at least I won't have to make the journey to Death Valley to watch it and endure that drum!! 

It's about time we won yan on  telly anyway!

Edited by The Voodooguru, 09 July 2013 - 08:27 PM.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#15 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,323 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

That's one hell of a week , sandwiched by Batley and Fev .

#16 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,678 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:37 PM

As I said in my original post the Sheffield game was already arranged for the 31st July but the point I was making is that since they started covering Championship and Championship 1 games this will be the fifth game we have featured in and they will all have been away from home in Yorkshire. Why should our lads have to be the one's to arrange time-off and travel all the time?

We have two games arranged for midweek at home -Keighley (14th August) and York (22nd August) - I wonder will Premier Sports be covering one of them.

#17 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

The original point is right of course , its just a frustration at when they choose to show us but vented slightly wrongly by me there . Things are stacked against us putting a decent show on for viewers with the games we get exposure in , and they become purgatory to watch !!! Just one trip up here where we play much better , and with our newly fresh WC stadium would be nice . We would welcome Woodsy as he climbed the gantry nicely ..

And that's the answer why we haven't had any home games televised....... A certain pundit would fail to get up that ladder!!!

And surprise, surprise -  BKM uses this topic to have another bitter and twisted swipe at Town over on deludedfans.com.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#18 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,678 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

And that's the answer why we haven't had any home games televised....... A certain pundit would fail to get up that ladder!!!

And surprise, surprise -  BKM uses this topic to have another bitter and twisted swipe at Town over on deludedfans.com.

Otto don't bother what he has to say because if the shoe was on the other foot and haven had not had any home games he would be the first to shout about it.

I see they have a photo of 2 donkeys and claiming they are Town fans!! Any fool can see that the one at the back is a Haven fan - it's chocolate in colour, wearing a blue girth strap and with gold(ish) on it's saddle plus it's brown nosing the other donkey.

#19 haven4ever

haven4ever
  • Whitehaven
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

How is posting its now on TV having a dig?.don't understand the fuss though it was going to be played on this date tv or not so better its on TV for those who can't make it.Also you had a home tv game planned ,but even though most fans thought Thursday evening would be better and that late Friday was a big no because of up and downies,the rflor premsports left it too late to set a time or look at the alternatives

#20 bluewhite10

bluewhite10
  • Workington
  • 274 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:17 AM

How is posting its now on TV having a dig?.don't understand the fuss though it was going to be played on this date tv or not so better its on TV for those who can't make it.Also you had a home tv game planned ,but even though most fans thought Thursday evening would be better and that late Friday was a big no because of up and downies,the rflor premsports left it too late to set a time or look at the alternatives

cool
bluewhitearmy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users