RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Another TV match - AWAY

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Marrafan

Marrafan
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

So once again a thread turns to whinging about Haven. Keith you can't resist can you (are you an Aussie in disguise always whinging?), you always have to have a swipe at Haven. You were playing Sheffield on that date anyhow due to Sheffield progressing in the cup so what it does is gives your fans a chance to see the game as i am sure not many would fancy the trip to Sheffield on a Wednesday night. Havens case was different. It was scheduled for TV at the start of the season. Scheduling Haven or Town to play at Sheffield on a Thursday night purely for TV purposes is wrong just as expecting Sheffield to come to West Cumbria is wrong and thankfully everyone saw sense with that. You, pf course also forget to mention that Town had a home game scheduled for TV on Good Friday, unfortunately for whatever reason it did not happen. 

Otto,

Explain to me where the bitter and twisted swipe at Town is in this sentence:

Game had to rearranged due to eagles in cup this weeked.it was rescheduled for weds  31st July.Now prem sports have decided to make it a tv game on the Wednesday night

Because that is what BKM posted yet you try to make it more than what it is.

It is time some people on this site and the Haven site got a grip. Deluded and obsessed.com applies equally to both sites. 

#22 abu

abu
  • Coach
  • 748 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

I would have a little bet that you MARRAFAN have not put on the haven site a post telling the likes of BKM to stop turning every thread into a WHINGING about TOWN???????

#23 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:32 PM

How is posting its now on TV having a dig?.don't understand the fuss though it was going to be played on this date tv or not so better its on TV for those who can't make it.Also you had a home tv game planned ,but even though most fans thought Thursday evening would be better and that late Friday was a big no because of up and downies,the rflor premsports left it too late to set a time or look at the alternatives

#24 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:36 PM

Marrafan - Town fans aren't whinging about the match being televised, we are whinging about the fact that Town is the only team this season that hasn't had a home fixture televised, whereas 2 away matches have been selected.

Yes the Good Friday match had been selected, but due to the kick-off time being moved it never happened. Premier Sports had plenty of unselected weeks but instead of choosing Town they are now selecting teams that have already had home fixtures televised.

As for bitter and twisted.... you only have to look at the number of topics started over on deludedfans.com where Town is the subject of ridicule.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#25 abu

abu
  • Coach
  • 748 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

By the way MARRAFAN i think BKM is HAVEN4EVER ON HERE having a whinging about town most of the time about TOWN, Now get him told thank you??

#26 Marrafan

Marrafan
  • Players
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:32 PM

Otto,

Still haven't answered the question

Abu

Read the last line of my post

#27 abu

abu
  • Coach
  • 748 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

Yes i read the last line of your post but that was on this site, now let us see you have the same post on the HAVEN site all you have to do is put BKM in place of keith now will you??????

#28 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:32 PM

Otto,

Explain to me where the bitter and twisted swipe at Town is in this sentence:

Game had to rearranged due to eagles in cup this weeked.it was rescheduled for weds  31st July.Now prem sports have decided to make it a tv game on the Wednesday night

Because that is what BKM posted yet you try to make it more than what it is.

It is time some people on this site and the Haven site got a grip. Deluded and obsessed.com applies equally to both sites. 

Marrafan - it wasn't that sentence i was referring, it was another one and the fact he started the topic.

Like I said before,Town have no choice but to travel down to Sheffield on midweek due to Sheffields success in Cup competitions this year - Town and Town fans have accepted that. Yet I seem to remember a certain Cumbrian club refusing to travel down there on a Thursday night to play the fixture as a televised match, preferring to play it on the Sunday.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#29 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,446 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:59 PM

Marrafan - first of all if you don't like my post on here just put me down for "ignore" on your profile and you don't have to read them. Secondly, whatever I post I don't hide behind a nom-de-plume like a keyboard warrior and if you want to get personal with me then try the PM system as long as you put your name to it - No, I thought not!!

If you read what I have said instead of trying to be selective, I said that the Sheffield match will be the fifth game that we have appeared in on television in the last 2 seasons and not one of them has been at Derwent Park. We are probably the only team in the Championship that this applies to and there have been many opportunities for the television company to fix one for here just as they have done for Haven and Barrow. Haven told them they didn't want to appear on television on a Thursday evening at Sheffield and the game was played on a Sunday with no TV coverage. If you look back through my messages you will see that I was saying we should do this so that our lads don't have to have time off and get back after midnight for work, etc. That was before the Sheffield game came in to the argument and was when the Haven game with Dewsbury was selected for TV. As I said before I'm sure there would be many complaints on the Haven forum if Haven had had five games away in Yorkshire on TV and none at home where the opposition have to be put out a bit.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#30 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 941 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

Go on Keith you tell them, €$#* with Keith at your peril nasty Jameaters!!!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#31 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:53 PM

I bet the players can't wait

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users