Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

mayfield hunslet

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
58 replies to this topic

#1 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

Should be a cracker saturday

#2 Ratty

Ratty
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

It should have been a cracker two weeks ago before Mayfield decided at the last minute that they couldn't play because they had a wedding reception in their club house. How the NCL allowed this is beyond me. Still it's worked out well for Mayfield when the NCL rearranged it for a weekend on which the Lions play and Warriors have their captain Caldon Bravo and Luke Pennington missing. Maybe the Warriors should say they can't make it as several of the lads are attending a wedding - after all what's good for one !!

#3 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

Getting the excuses in early hey ratty

#4 sidsmudge

sidsmudge
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

It should have been a cracker two weeks ago before Mayfield decided at the last minute that they couldn't play because they had a wedding reception in their club house. How the NCL allowed this is beyond me. Still it's worked out well for Mayfield when the NCL rearranged it for a weekend on which the Lions play and Warriors have their captain Caldon Bravo and Luke Pennington missing. Maybe the Warriors should say they can't make it as several of the lads are attending a wedding - after all what's good for one !!

Game called off for a wedding reception ?...unbelievable,whatever next a mother n toddlers meeting !!

#5 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

Mayfield asked for the game to be moved because the club was being used for a wedding, what's the big problem the league gave its blessing,

Edited by once a ref always a ref, 10 July 2013 - 09:11 PM.

#6 Ratty

Ratty
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:13 PM

Getting the excuses in early hey ratty

Don't have to get my excuses in early because Warriors will come away with a win. Don't even blame Mayfield for the farce. Good for them that they obviously have the contacts that enables them to call off a game at such short notice. Just a shame the rest of us don't.

#7 Ratty

Ratty
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

Mayfield asked for the game to be moved because the club was being used for a wedding, what's the big problem the league gave its blessing,

Other teams have come up with far better reasons than a wedding reception in their club house. They have been fined, had points deducted etc., I just can't understand how the NCL accepted such an excuse only days before a fixture.

Edited by once a ref always a ref, 10 July 2013 - 09:12 PM.

#8 Leagueforall

Leagueforall
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:48 PM

Ratty, Mayfield like Hunslet were asked at start of season to put weekends in that they wanted to keep free and back in December 2012 we as a well organised club put in the request as per NCL rules as asked for that weekend to be kept free due to a wedding that had been pre booked back in late 2011!

This weekend in question was a backlog weekend as is this one.

Good to see you up with rules and have also made excuses incase.

Let's just hope it is a good NCL encounter without the idiots that caused all the hassle last time.

Rugby League is the winner!

Edited by Leagueforall, 10 July 2013 - 11:49 PM.

#9 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:13 AM

Hope that clears it up get down and watch a cracking advert for summer rugby

#10 Ratty

Ratty
  • Coach
  • 113 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

Ratty, Mayfield like Hunslet were asked at start of season to put weekends in that they wanted to keep free and back in December 2012 we as a well organised club put in the request as per NCL rules as asked for that weekend to be kept free due to a wedding that had been pre booked back in late 2011!

This weekend in question was a backlog weekend as is this one.

Good to see you up with rules and have also made excuses incase.

Let's just hope it is a good NCL encounter without the idiots that caused all the hassle last time.

Rugby League is the winner!

It' because I know the rules that I was so surprised when the game was cancelled at the last minute.

If indeed you did inform the NCL that you wanted that date as one of your free weekends then why was it not picked up on weeks before hand and not after Warriors had booked coach etc., Why didn't someone from your well organised club get in touch with the NCL immediately when the fixtures were received and tell them they'd messed up. Did your fixtures secretary only pick up on this days before ? Very strange.

#11 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

Mayfield winning 34 12 just before half time

#12 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

80-16 ft. Good job you got your excuses in early.

#13 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

Your boys just did not want it today. Its a good job that the ref helped you to score your 16 points or it would have been a complete whitewash. 80 points up you just about says everything.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#14 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:46 PM

ratty poor show today Mayfield outstanding as predicted

#15 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

80 16 full time

#16 butterbean

butterbean
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

Hurts to say but Mayfield out played, out muscled and out enthused a depleted warriors side. Don't get too carried away these summer seasons seem to throw up anomalies like this . Shame we didn't get to see both sides at full strength but well done on winning your grand final

#17 butterbean

butterbean
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:11 PM

Hurts to say but Mayfield out played, out muscled and out enthused a depleted warriors side. Don't get too carried away these summer seasons seem to throw up anomalies like this . Shame we didn't get to see both sides at full strength but well done on winning your grand final

#18 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

That sounds like sour grapes twice.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#19 P5O9

P5O9
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

Warriors could moan about how many they had out but they would just get the idiots saying it's all excuses. End of the day the table doesn't lie! Well done Mayfield played very well. Be interested to see wot happens about Mayfield sub running on pitch cos a player got a high tackle. Ref really bad both sides would of thought ncl would of picked a good 1 for this game, 

#20 butterbean

butterbean
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

Nah you stuffed us fair n square enjoy it.