League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

12/07/13 - (CCQF) Sheffield Eagles v London Broncos - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
196 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Sheffield Eagles by 13 points or more (1 votes [4.00%])

Percentage of vote: 4.00%

2. Sheffield Eagles by 7 to 12 points (2 votes [8.00%])

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

3. Sheffield Eagles by 1 to 6 points (2 votes [8.00%])

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

4. London Broncos by 1 to 6 points (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. London Broncos by 7 to 12 points (8 votes [32.00%])

Percentage of vote: 32.00%

6. Voted London Broncos by 13 points or more (12 votes [48.00%])

Percentage of vote: 48.00%

Vote

#21 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

Your Bet365 is better than mine.  I can only get outright winner for the Challenge Cup.

The handicap line has moved to 12 now:

http://www.oddscheck...oncos/handicaps

#22 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

Yes, me too Larry!

Yes a win for The Eagles could see turnover at the Fev club shop almost double.

#23 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,455 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

Come on eagles!!

I was at wembley in 98 was a great day.

#24 Chronicler of Chiswick

Chronicler of Chiswick
  • Coach
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

Reaity over romance - London by 40+. Out of curiosity, why isn't this pinned?

#25 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

40-plus? I think you're underestimating the Eagles. While I don't expect them to win (and this from an Eagles supporter), I think they'll push the Broncos hard.

Normally you'd expect the full-time team to win, and win easily, but the Broncos are hardly Wigan, Wire or Huddersfield.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#26 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,551 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

Oops! I merged the regular pinned thread with a pre-existing unpinned thread discussing the game. Didn't notice the merge resulted in removing the pin status. Tis back again now.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#27 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,790 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:10 PM

Whoever wins is there any chance of a decent neutral ground, i.e. Doncaster for the Eagles, or Milton Keynes/Oxford for London.

#28 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

Best possible draw for both clubs really, and Londons game to lose

Hope it's a cracker

#29 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,376 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

Although I always want Sheffield to do well, I hope it is a London win on Friday. 

#30 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,790 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

I hope winner get Les Cats (should they beat Hull) in the SF.

Where would that be played?

#31 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,095 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:03 PM

Leigh

Give them a chance to see proper rugby

#32 Larry the Leit

Larry the Leit
  • Coach
  • 2,275 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

40+?

I'd be amazed if that happens. I expect London will run away with in the last quarter but I hope Sheffield win.

#33 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

I alternate between optimism and despair on this. optimism in the presence of Jaime Soward and despair in the Tony Clubb Boots n'all interview.

You can mention 15 match winning runs as opposed to a side that has not won 15 games in two seasons and Full time Pros v Part-timers but this game will be won and lost in the psyche of the London players. With the club facing at best an uncertain future, at worst resembling an old nag that's gone in the fetlock. What will the motivation be of those London players who want away like Tony Clubb and those who may not fancy their chances of getting a pro contract elsewhere.

Players in the face of adversity either pull together like Bradford last year or its every man jack for themselves and the devil take the hindmost as the approach which London fans have alreadfy seen v Wigan and Warrington.

I am not optimistic. I fear it will be rejoycing on the cobbled streets of Featherstone and Leigh and bemused travellers on the Tram at Don Valley wanting to know what the jubilation is about - "Sheffield Steelers can't be playing can they?" with the old Horses head making an earlier appointment at the glue factory.. :angel:

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#34 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,790 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:00 PM

I alternate between optimism and despair on this. optimism in the presence of Jaime Soward and despair in the Tony Clubb Boots n'all interview.

You can mention 15 match winning runs as opposed to a side that has not won 15 games in two seasons and Full time Pros v Part-timers but this game will be won and lost in the psyche of the London players. With the club facing at best an uncertain future, at worst resembling an old nag that's gone in the fetlock. What will the motivation be of those London players who want away like Tony Clubb and those who may not fancy their chances of getting a pro contract elsewhere.

Players in the face of adversity either pull together like Bradford last year or its every man jack for themselves and the devil take the hindmost as the approach which London fans have alreadfy seen v Wigan and Warrington.

I am not optimistic. I fear it will be rejoycing on the cobbled streets of Featherstone and Leigh and bemused travellers on the Tram at Don Valley wanting to know what the jubilation is about - "Sheffield Steelers can't be playing can they?" with the old Horses head making an earlier appointment at the glue factory.. :angel:

On the contrary I am looking forward to seeing the team forced to fight in every game. The crowds and atmosphere will be much better. Dont you recall the great escape a few years ago with a draw against Leeds and a defeat of Wigan - in front of superb atmospheres and good crowds at Brentford. Cheer up man!

#35 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,655 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:24 PM

London by 10
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#36 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

I hear that Sheffield have called in extra staff to cope with the demand for tickets - supposedly around 2700 sold so far, which is far more than they normally get. Admittedly it's still not huge, but the last 3,000-plus gate would have been, I think, in the SL days.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#37 Spicer

Spicer
  • Coach
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:07 AM

Sure it will be a good game, but reckon we will prevail by 12. If not I will not be a happy Bronco
In the stands at the end. Then again I should be used to that by now.

#38 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,326 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 07:19 AM

Jamie Soward appears to have given the Bronco's a boost.
I think he might just tip the balance.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#39 StixRooster

StixRooster
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

Aussie like weather as I sit half a mile from DVS this morning.

I suspect the comments about the London camp may well be true. Eagles team spirit surprised many last season and saw us through, now we're the best team in the Championship, winning when we're playing ###### where we didn't last year.

That spirit will get us going, and if we can get over our notoriously slow game starts (I.e complacency against the likes of Dewsbury and Barrow which has been a feature this season) we've just got to hope the players have enough in the tank to last 80 minutes in this heat against a team of full-time supermen (did I say that  :tongue:  )

This game comes at the start of a tough period for the Eagles, with effectively two cup finals in 8 days, then a catch up on the backlog. That in itself should be good as the players will have been building up to it physically. Our players might be "part-time" in contract terms, but many of their jobs revolve around the sport and fitness, so it's not entirely true. there's a wealth of experience in the Eagles camp and no one name stands out. We haven't signed big names in the hope they'll get us out of the clart.

Backs to the wall stuff it might be, but them lot from down south will know they've been in a game come ten o'clock tonight.

Other opinions found on Twitter @stixrooster

#40 StixRooster

StixRooster
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

I hear that Sheffield have called in extra staff to cope with the demand for tickets - supposedly around 2700 sold so far, which is far more than they normally get. Admittedly it's still not huge, but the last 3,000-plus gate would have been, I think, in the SL days.

Assuming you're heading up here?

Other opinions found on Twitter @stixrooster

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users