Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New Signings

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:30 PM

Nice to see Jake Normington has joined Hunslet as well as two others who haven't been named yet.
Jake is a cracking centre who was in the Rhinos U20s before going to Keighley then East Leeds.
A great centre who could play second row?

Well done Jake and well done Hunslet.

#2 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:07 PM

Providing he's finally got his head straight, Normington should be an excellent signing for the Huns. I'm told that Leeds didn't want to release him, but other factors forced their hand.

Posted Image

#3 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

always rated Jake Normington, a real strong kid who can bust tackles and score tries.A bit of light at the end of the tunnel maybe.

Posted Image

#4 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

always rated Jake Normington, a real strong kid who can bust tackles and score tries.A bit of light at the end of the tunnel maybe.

Thought Gaz Davies might have made his mark Steve but his hearts always been in a Sharlston shirt but he looked a great prospect when he played in the Bulls academy with Bret ferres when our grimmer and Kirmond played against them for Wakey

Edited by suzzy, 10 July 2013 - 08:13 AM.

chappy

#5 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,459 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

Never really saw much of Gaz Davies col but know he scores plenty for Sharlston , kirmond for me is the complete forward in the game at the mo and must be in the England team.Hows Grimmer doing any chance of him bk pretty soon? We would have won that game at keighley with him in last sunday no danger.
Posted Image

#6 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

Never really saw much of Gaz Davies col but know he scores plenty for Sharlston , kirmond for me is the complete forward in the game at the mo and must be in the England team.Hows Grimmer doing any chance of him bk pretty soon? We would have won that game at keighley with him in last sunday no danger.

Steve if Danny had been able to have the same treatment Callum Watkins had with the same injury then perhaps his chances of playing in the Keithley game would have been greatly enhanced but that's not been the case unfortunately that's the difference
between full time and semi pro mate. He just wants to get back playing again because he knew st Workington his form was there to be seen again that is what,s so annoying but i can assure you haven't seen the last of Grimmer at his very best believe me.
chappy

#7 Emosi Koloto

Emosi Koloto
  • Coach
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:12 AM

One of the new signings is James Davies who was contracted to Penrith Panthers

Everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon

#8 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

A few new names in the fold for this week then. 

I'll start with the Dual Reg thing but I am not privy to the facts so I will choose my words carefully.  As Leeds have no game this week and with a few of their lads coming back I thought we might have had Keinhorst available to us.  We are in dire straights at the moment so I hope we did ask for him and I am sure he would have wanted to put his hand up and play.

New signings - Rhinos:  Foster will be a great addition either in the second row or centre; you must have seen him in Super League, a great prospect.  As for Liam McAvoy, Mmmmmm not sure.  He is a young forward and not that big, nor has he been anywhere near playing in the Leeds team given the injury crisis so not sure taking him is a good move.

James Davies is a great player - I used to watch him in the U20s at Leeds, Big, dopey and strong with a good hand off - quite quick too so I would drop him straight in the side.

Jake Normington another good player - Big stong Centre or BRF, I would drop him straight in too.

Dont know the other lad - who signed so cannot comment.

New Hooker Tebb.  Although Hunslet only played him for 5 minutes I like the look of him.  He looked like he could play stand off too.  Lookung forward to seeing more of him

#9 Hawkwindbag

Hawkwindbag
  • Coach
  • 892 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:55 AM

Sounds like the players are going to be introducing themselves to each other on the coach down to the match tomorrow.

Well done to the club on plugging the holes as best as possible under the circumstances and we'll just have to see what happens. Whoever pulls on the old M F & W (or the C & W) tomorrow,  I'll be there to support them - even though I'll probably recognise more of the players in Donny shirts !!

#10 HUNSLET72

HUNSLET72
  • Coach
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Great effort today ! As at Keighley ,points should have been ours ! Sloppy forward pass our 1st play of the ball.One man charging up the park? ! ? 100% effort ,but Lack of Ideas ? ? NEW COACH or We Are Down .FACT .

#11 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

Hi lads I'm a Dewsbury fan and don't usually comment on other teams forums except for the odd occasions, I was wondering how Matty (Tebb) is getting on at Hunslet? I am led to believe that he is a loan signing signing for you? I hope he is doing well, he is a good lad is Matty and although he isn't played too often he is a good lad and an absolute cracking player.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users