Photo
- - - - -

13/07/13 - (CCQF) Catalan Dragons v Hull FC - KO 4pm BST (BBC)

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Catalan Dragons by 13 points or more (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. Catalan Dragons by 7 to 12 points (4 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

3. Catalan Dragons by 1 to 6 points (3 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

4. Hull FC by 1 to 6 points (2 votes [15.38%])

5. Hull FC by 7 to 12 points (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Hull FC by 13 points or more (2 votes [15.38%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

Discuss the Tetley's Challenge Cup Quarter Final game between Catalan Dragons v Hull FC here.

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#2 timtum

timtum
  • Coach
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

Hull can't be as poor as they were here a few weeks ago (can they?).  

Catalans can't be as poor as they have been over the past few weeks (can they?).

Looking forward to the game as usual, and hoping that the Dragons can gel a bit more with Dureau showing a few touches last week that suggest he is on his way back.  Bousquet suspension is a big miss although Paea seems to be fit again.

Also looking forward to being deafened again by the Hull FC fans who were a top bunch last time round.

I have a feeling that the Black & Whites might just sneak it.  Local conspiracy theorists to go into meltdown.....

In the South of France and fancy a banger?
www.mistersaucisse.fr
"Fine sausages for the discerning customer"

#3 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,333 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

Should be another belter. Cats for mine as FC just don't seem right at the mo.

#4 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,640 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

FC to win, they can't keep losing.... I thought they'd turned a corner when thy beat us.

Should be a great game, game of the round for mine.

#5 audois

audois
  • Coach
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:40 AM

Hull can't be as poor as they were here a few weeks ago (can they?).  

Catalans can't be as poor as they have been over the past few weeks (can they?).

Looking forward to the game as usual, and hoping that the Dragons can gel a bit more with Dureau showing a few touches last week that suggest he is on his way back.  Bousquet suspension is a big miss although Paea seems to be fit again.

Also looking forward to being deafened again by the Hull FC fans who were a top bunch last time round.

I have a feeling that the Black & Whites might just sneak it.  Local conspiracy theorists to go into meltdown.....

Do it for Steve!!
si tu (remi casty) devais envoyer un fax au president guasch?
"Un grand bravo pour tout ce que vous avez fait, et merci de m'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure."

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"
Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

#6 League Express

League Express
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

Catalan Dragons headcoach Laurent Frayssinous named his 19 man squad for saturday Tetley's Challenge Cup Quarter final against Hull FC at Gilbert Brutus stadium.
Catalan Dragons have won their last three home meetings with Hull FC, with the Black and Whites' last away win against the Dragons coming 28-14 on 15 May, 2010.
Hull FC are without a win in their last four six games, since their defeat 30 – 4 in Perpignan on 8 June.
Brent Webb, Olivier Elima, Louis Anderson, and Jason Baitieri, all injured, will miss the game. Julian Bousquet and Mathias Pala, both banned after the Broncos game last week, are out of the squad.
Elliott Whitehead is not eligible to play because he already played a Challenge Cup game this season with his former club Bradford.
But Catalan headcoach has called back Leon Pryce, Steve Menzies, Mickael Simon, Jamal Fakir and Daryl Millard, all rested last week against London.

The squad
2 Damien Blanch
3 Leon Pryce
4 Zeb Taia
6 Thomas Bosc
7 Scott Dureau
9 Ian Henderson
10 Rémi Casty
11 Steve Menzies
13 Greg Mounis
15 Antoni Maria
16 Eloi Pelissier
17 Kevin Larroyer
18 Daryl Millard
20 Mickael Simon
22 Jamal Fakir
23 Lopini Paea
25 Vincent Duport
26 Frédéric Vaccari
28 Morgan Escaré

On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.

#7 League Express

League Express
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:07 PM

‘No pressure on us’ insists Hull FC star

Hull FC prop Andy Lynch insists that all the pressure is on Catalan Dragons in Saturday’s televised Tetley’s Challenge Cup quarter-final at Stade Gilbert Brutus (4.00pm)
Hull FC have struggled for form in recent weeks and lost 30-4 in Perpignan  only last month but Lynch believes that his team are not far away from getting their season back on track.
“I think the pressure is on Catalans, they are one of the in-form teams and have the home advantage.” said Lynch.  “We are looking forward to it, we know it will be tough but we are ready for that.
“We had  a disappointing result in the league last weekend against Huddersfield but I think our performances have been improving, we’re making a step in the right direction.
“We know that we need to step up to beat Catalan especially playing them in their own backyard.”
Lynch has plenty of experience of getting to the semi-finals of the Challenge Cup but  has never made it through to the final, which is something he hopes to put right this year.
“I’ve been to four semi-finals  but never made it to Wembley.” he said.  “It’s certainly something you dream of as a child but you have to focus on one game at a time and for now all our concentration is on beating Catalan.”
Plenty of Hull FC fans are heading out to France to cheer on the team and Lynch is hoping the team will make them proud by getting through to the semi-final stage of the famous Cup.
“To get to through to the semis would be massive for the fans, they come week in, week out to show their support and for them to travel all the way to France is something the players really appreciate and we hope we can repay them by winning on Saturday.”

#8 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Hull to struggle to even score in Perpignan
Catalans to run riot

#9 Mistress_Marlowe

Mistress_Marlowe
  • Coach
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 04:13 PM

Can everyone that has tipped FC please retract your sentiments immediately. We play badly enough without you lot hexing us further!

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

#10 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,832 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

Cats by 16
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#11 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:40 AM

After the rather poor efforts of recent weeks, I think we will see a very different Hull FC tomorrow. Adam Pearson will have surely let all his employees know anything less than victory and the season is all but over.

Remarkably, Hull will have more troops available than Les Cats, with their injuries and suspensions, so they should be better placed than normal to win in France.

I'm anticipating the return of Richard Horne and Ben Crooks, Horne will make a big difference in the middle of the park whilst Crooks' partnership with Lineham should give us the usually potent edge out on the right. 

If Horne does return, and lines up alongside Miller, I think it gives us our most exciting half back partnership at the club. Horne has shown he's still got the ability to create openings and if Miller keeps his wits about him, there could be more opportunities for him in this one game than he's had since he arrived at Hull.

Hull will be desperate and Catalans will be their usual robust selves I imagine, so it could result in a rather lively encounter with a fair bit of biff.

I just hope that with the extra pressure of expectation on their shoulders, the Hull players' nerves hold up and they can at least compete because, looking at recent performances, that wouldn't normally seem likely.

Sounds like there will be a good following of away fans at the game, which should help it to be a great spectacle on the Beeb.

I'm expecting a nervy game with a fair few errors but one which, given the missing Cats' players, Hull should be able to win by the odd half dozen points or so. (Black and white specs necessary for that prediction, obviously!)

Les Catalans 20 Hull FC 26....ish

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#12 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,572 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

Should look good on TV - glad the BBC went for this tie.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#13 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

Just had a text from a pal who's in Southern France for the game tomorrow.

He said at 4pm today, ie corresponding to kick off time tomorrow, it was 36 degrees centigrade.

Advantage Catalans....

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#14 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

Just had a text from a pal who's in Southern France for the game tomorrow.

He said at 4pm today, ie corresponding to kick off time tomorrow, it was 36 degrees centigrade.

Advantage Catalans....

Wonder if they've watered the pitch...

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#15 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

Wonder if they've watered the pitch...

Oooh, you old cynic!

Edited by Old Frightful, 12 July 2013 - 05:03 PM.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

#16 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

Richard Horne's foot injury means he misses out.

A phrase rhyming with clucking bell springs to mind.  :(

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

#17 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 06:59 PM

Richard Horne's foot injury means he misses out.

A phrase rhyming with clucking bell springs to mind.  :(

Bum

I too think he and Miller could make an excellent partnership but I'm still reasonably optimistic the players we have available will be good enough to do the job.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#18 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:40 PM

Currently 26 degrees C and raining in Perpignan.

Great stuff.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

#19 Jeff Stein

Jeff Stein
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

Catalans clearly had their minds on the quarter-final last week in the second half when they just stopped playing. Big build up with constant previews of the QF on the big screen. I don't think you can just switch on and off though and fancy a narrow Hull victory perhaps by a DG.

#20 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,209 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

Currently 26 degrees C and raining in Perpignan.

Great stuff.

Ha
28 deg C and scorchingly sunny in Huddersfield

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users