League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

13/07/13 - (CCQF) Catalan Dragons v Hull FC - KO 4pm BST (BBC)

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Catalan Dragons by 13 points or more (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. Catalan Dragons by 7 to 12 points (4 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

3. Catalan Dragons by 1 to 6 points (3 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

4. Hull FC by 1 to 6 points (2 votes [15.38%])

5. Hull FC by 7 to 12 points (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Hull FC by 13 points or more (2 votes [15.38%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#101 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,960 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:20 AM

Old Frightful I threw away my glasses when I realised Ganson does perfectly well without them. I also gave up excessive drinking before kick off as it always made me follow the wrong player. If I used that excuse at work I would get the sack would I not?

After many years of frustration reading the comments of Dull supporters giving Rovers a kicking on this Forum...a substitute for actually winning the odd Derby game...I felt the urge to even the balance a little. How some forum members seem to believe Rovers dont belong in Super League amazes me as Hull KR are the epitome of promotion/relegation that most of you seem  to long for. A base attendance of 7000 substantially increased from the days in the lower league and a substantial away support is not a bad contribution or example for others to strive to match.

The fact that we can beat Hull Saints Warrington and Leeds on a regular basis....other teams remain more competitive!..tells you the club can compete.

The city of Hull deserves 2 teams on merit however much our friends from west of the River struggle to achieve their assumed top four status. In 52 years of watching the Robins I have always known we were a match for Hull....this arrogant superiority complex that Hull fans suffer from seems to have developed in the years of struggle to get the Robins into Super League.

Results since that day seem to favour us, methinks.

Old Frightful, I appreciate your warm welcome to the Forum and friendly wishes which I return in good spirit...let the joust begin.

Your antenna must be very sensitive to suss my allegiances out immediately. That will allow me to be more direct in future posts.

As an ex Hull player I was always willing to support both clubs against all other comers but the attitude of so many Hull fans in our days of struggle have changed all that. I actually supported a merger in the 80s/90s but not now unless Hull take our name and identity...oops didnt they try that once as the ThunderSharks.

As for the dig at the Wigan result I just point to results since that day and rest my case. It may have been a one off record loss but it is still looking to be a record season in terms of overall wins achieved. For a bankrupt club (wishful thinking that finances can beat us when Hull cannot) with a rookie coach it aint all bad.

As regards to joining the Cabal, Ullman , you were a founder member in my eyes...your hurtful uneducated critique of the mighty Robins paid for your entry.

I hereby promise to make sharp incisive comments in future...read on.

Fantastic, bring it on. :biggrin:

I'm already intensely curious as to who you are as you've given us a few clues there, it's great to have the odd former player on the forum. (Please don't take offence to the word "odd".)

I must disagree with your summing up of my pal Ullman though, he's a top lad and is far more educated than I could ever hope to be. I think his persona on here is inspired by the input of one or two of your fellow Robins on here. Without giving too much away,  in my opinion, a few of your ilk are worthy contributors to the forum but one or two seemed consumed with bitterness. Thankfully, the negative ones look like they've drifted back to "RLFans" where they probably belong and one or two others are mellowing. I rather hope the same applies to the Hull FC loony posters on here as well. There is simply no need.

I look forward to your future contributions and your suggestions as to what your lot will sing when we batter the Pies and finally lay the Wembley ghost....or maybe not. :(

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#102 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 568 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:43 AM

Thanks OF no offence taken.

2 seasons 1 first team appearance 1 try (as a Trialist ) probably recorded as S O Else, A Newman or the ubiquitous A N OTHER!

How I remember the Field of Dreams...the Boulevard...said with an Eddie Waring accent to stir the heart.

I hold out the hand of friendship to Ullman , anyone used to the disappointments of Hull FCs forlorn search for the Promised Land deserves a hug.

"The Red Flag" could be revived with the heartwarming line to follow "We will never be mastered"  by you ..you B&W ***stewards?

But anyway the song is "Old Faithful you'll never win at Wembley" -that doesnt apply to the new club Thundersharks playing out of the KC, A WHOLE NEW CLUB!

I do hope you have a good nights sleep...posted at 0145.

#103 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,488 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:59 AM

As regards to joining the Cabal, Ullman , you were a founder member in my eyes...your hurtful uneducated critique of the mighty Robins paid for your entry.

Yee Ha!

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#104 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,488 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

Hull to struggle to even score in Perpignan
Catalans to run riot

Well at least one of the ties turned out that way.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#105 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,488 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

Fantastic, bring it on. :biggrin:

I'm already intensely curious as to who you are as you've given us a few clues there, it's great to have the odd former player on the forum. (Please don't take offence to the word "odd".)

I must disagree with your summing up of my pal Ullman though, he's a top lad and is far more educated than I could ever hope to be. I think his persona on here is inspired by the input of one or two of your fellow Robins on here. Without giving too much away,  in my opinion, a few of your ilk are worthy contributors to the forum but one or two seemed consumed with bitterness. Thankfully, the negative ones look like they've drifted back to "RLFans" where they probably belong and one or two others are mellowing. I rather hope the same applies to the Hull FC loony posters on here as well. There is simply no need.

I look forward to your future contributions and your suggestions as to what your lot will sing when we batter the Pies and finally lay the Wembley ghost....or maybe not. :(

Or have consumed too much bitter.

You can time almost to the minute the arrival of certain individuals on this forum. All you need is a combination of a Hull defeat, a Rovers win and closing time at Crown.

#106 Brigg Rover

Brigg Rover
  • Coach
  • 1,979 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:02 AM

Or have consumed too much bitter.

You can time almost to the minute the arrival of certain individuals on this forum. All you need is a combination of a Hull defeat, a Rovers win and closing time at Crown.

Does Crown actually shut these days?

#107 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,488 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:06 PM

Does Crown actually shut these days?

It's a good point well made.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users