Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

14/07/13 - (CCQF) Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants - KO 4.15pm (BBC)

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more (7 votes [38.89%])

Percentage of vote: 38.89%

2. Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points (4 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Huddersfield Giants by 1 to 6 points (2 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

5. Huddersfield Giants by 7 to 12 points (3 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

6. Huddersfield Giants by 13 points or more (2 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

Discuss the Tetley's Challenge Cup Quarter Final game between Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants here.

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#2 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:54 AM

Got to back the Giants to win even if I don't think we will

A tough, high quality game which will ultimately produce the winners of the cup I think.

Just hope Wire have an off day

#3 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,721 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

First big game of the season for us, in terms of possible trophies. Hard to call it really: both sides are on impressive winning runs.

We probably have more experience of these cup games; the Giants might have more desire. I hope it's a cracker for TV.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#4 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:54 AM

Pretty much sums it up for me too.

#5 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,997 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

I think we'll see a repeat of the semi when Wire were far too strong. Everyone's tip for the treble and rightly so. Wire's top side is the strongest in the league. The Giants may well win the LLS without the distraction of 2 extra games.

#6 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

I'll happily take that too

#7 ELBOWSEYE

ELBOWSEYE
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

If Myler and monaghan are back I think they will play at a pace that the Giants will struggle with.
But Giants have enough quality to take advantage of any poor play, lots will depend on how Mcbrough copes with SBW when he targets all is running at a the wee man.

#8 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:40 PM

Sonny Bill Williams plays for Wire? When did that transfer happen? ;)

#9 Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton
  • Coach
  • 218 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

I just thank the lord Thaler and his slothathon play the balls won't be there.

#10 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,497 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Warrington to gain large amount of metres through the middle ..... AGAIN and win by 12 pts.

If Anderson gameplan stops wires getting large amount of metres, wires will throw it about and the game will be close, maybe decided in the last few mins

Best wishes to the Huddersfield fans travelling over.... Enjoy

Edited by 1976PMJwires, 10 July 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#11 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

Or we could follow the Leeds game plan but have the advantage of being better in defence than them and better able to kick goals than then

giants by 2 ;)

#12 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

Warrington by 12.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#13 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

Warrington to gain large amount of metres through the middle ..... AGAIN and win by 12 pts.

If Anderson gameplan stops wires getting large amount of metres, wires will throw it about and the game will be close, maybe decided in the last few mins

Best wishes to the Huddersfield fans travelling over.... Enjoy

That'll be one cramped rollerskate.

#14 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

And there'll still be more of us left in the ground with 10 to go. :P

#15 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

Or we could follow the Leeds game plan but have the advantage of being better in defence than them and better able to kick goals than then

giants by 2 ;)

Yeah yeah.
Whatever zzzz.

#16 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

And there'll still be more of us left in the ground with 10 to go. :P

Yeah yeah.
Whatever zzzz.

#17 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,137 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

We heard you the first time ;)

#18 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:51 PM

We heard you the first time ;)

Yeah yeah.
Whatever zzzz ;) 

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 10 July 2013 - 07:54 PM.

#19 madwire

madwire
  • Players
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

Think Huddersfield will win by 8.hope im wrong obviously.

#20 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

Huddersfield hooker ready for Cup showdown

Huddersfield hooker Shaun Lunt is hoping it will be third time lucky for him in the Tetley’s Challenge Cup and will have no shortage of ambition when the Giants face Warrington Wolves in Sunday’s quarter-final at The Halliwell Jones Stadium (4.15pm).
Lunt played in both the 2009 Challenge Cup final for Huddersfield and in last year’s final for Leeds Rhinos and ended with a losers’ medal on both occasions, a situation he is keen to put right in 2013.
“The Challenge Cup has escaped me twice now.” said Lunt. “It’s something I want to win and even more so after losing out, no one remembers the losers.
“You can’t think of the final yet though we have to just look at beating Warrington, we won’t get carried away.”
The Giants travel to Warrington on Sunday to face the Cup holders, Lunt and his team-mates are under no illusions what is at stake and cannot wait for the encounter.
“Training is going well, we are feeling good and can’t wait for the game,” he said. “We are really enjoying the build-up, it’s the match of the round. Every player loves playing in Challenge Cup games it’s such a historic and prestigious competition, Sunday can’t come fast enough.
“You have to expect everything and anything from Warrington, they can win games from anywhere. We have to concentrate on ourselves and on our strengths and hopefully that will be enough.
“We expect a lot of ourselves, I think if we gave ourselves goals that would just put added pressure on us. It’s better to focus on our effort and playing well and if we get those things right then success will follow.”
Lunt grew up in Cumbria watching the oldest and most famous competition in Rugby League and is hoping that he can fulfil one of his boyhood dreams.
“My older brother played in the curtain raiser before the final at old Wembley when I was about nine,  we had good seats right near the stairs where the players walk up to go and collect the trophy.
“I know it’s cheesy but I remember thinking to myself I want to do that, I want to be one of those players collecting a winners’ medal and hopefully this time it will be third time lucky for me.”

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users