Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

14/07/13 - (CCQF) Warrington Wolves v Huddersfield Giants - KO 4.15pm (BBC)

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Warrington Wolves by 13 points or more (7 votes [38.89%])

Percentage of vote: 38.89%

2. Warrington Wolves by 7 to 12 points (4 votes [22.22%])

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

3. Warrington Wolves by 1 to 6 points (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Huddersfield Giants by 1 to 6 points (2 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

5. Huddersfield Giants by 7 to 12 points (3 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

6. Huddersfield Giants by 13 points or more (2 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

and we also saw why brough will never be seen as a world beater like briers.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#122 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

;)

Edited by my missus, 14 July 2013 - 06:57 PM.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss

#123 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,959 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

One was after I posted this, not sure of the other you are referring to.

The replay wasn't even shown properly so not sure you can say there was no offside. Let's be hionest, teams get away with more offsides than they are pinged for, so I'm pretty sure the ref/linesman hasn't just invented that one.

I don't think it would have mattered either way; your team were by far the better side; Huddersfield didn't turn up.

I had to turn the game off after 60mins due to frustration that all the key 50/50 calls went Warrington's way: Bridge's pass for the Monaghan try and his cheeky knee into Ferres at the play the ball resulted in another try...

Oh well, a terrific Warrington display.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#124 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,837 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

triple posts the bloody thing s gone mad ;)

Edited by my missus, 14 July 2013 - 06:57 PM.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss

#125 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

Not actually a bad crowd there today, 7.6k. Not the best ever, but this in the league would probably get 10k, so 75% of that with all adults paying is ok in my book.

Came across well on BBC.

#126 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,171 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:20 PM

Bridge's pass for the Monaghan try

Absolutely nothing wrong with that pass

bridge1.jpg

#127 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:25 PM

bridge1.jpg

Having a Video Ref can be tough enough, but I'm not convinced a photo ref will ever work!

#128 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

bridge1.jpg

Monaghan is clearly in front of Bridge in that photo. Thanks for clearing that up Gary.

rldfsignature.jpg

#129 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,222 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

Wire were superb, some real champagne rugby on show. Not a coontest but a really good spectacle.
Briers for Wales! He could light up the World Cup.
Bridge looked international class again to me, certainly compared to Cudjoe.
I was puzzled by the so called semi final draw, as had assumed they were awarding the Cup to the winning tea straight away. :)

#130 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,171 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

Monaghan is clearly in front of Bridge in that photo. Thanks for clearing that up Gary.

Hes actually about 6 inch behind Bridge, its the angle which makes him look in front, i spoke to the man who knows and he said Bridge clearly propelled the ball rearwards out of his his hand and behind himself, the shape and direction of Bridges passing hand backs this up

#131 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,456 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

Aargh!

Hudds didn't give themselves a fighting chance with the number of knock ons in both halves, particularly early on when they got no momentum at all because of the mistakes. Brough had little to work from because of this and he was also pressured well by the Wire defence. Wire's line speed was faster than Hudds I thought but haven't seen the TV coverage yet; then again they didn't have to anywhere near as much tackling!

I was worried when Hudds were flat against Hull last week but I didn't expect such a poor performance.

Well done Wire. A thoroughly deserved win.

#132 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:54 PM

Hes actually about 6 inch behind Bridge, its the angle which makes him look in front, i spoke to the man who knows and he said Bridge clearly propelled the ball rearwards out of his his hand and behind himself, the shape and direction of Bridges passing hand backs this up

It certainly looked forwards on the TV replay. You can't tell what angle Bridge's hand is in relation to Monaghan from the photo. The way Bridge is twisted it would still be possible to look like the ball left Bridge's hand backwards but the ball could still travel forwards.

rldfsignature.jpg

#133 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

It certainly looked forwards on the TV replay. You can't tell what angle Bridge's hand is in relation to Monaghan from the photo. The way Bridge is twisted it would still be possible to look like the ball left Bridge's hand backwards but the ball could still travel forwards.

T - R - Y

#134 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,438 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:56 PM

I don't think one try made all that much difference,Huddersfield were never in the game.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#135 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,586 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

I don't think one try made all that much difference,Huddersfield were never in the game.

I wouldn't argue with that but that doesn't make the decision right.

rldfsignature.jpg

#136 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,624 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

Warrington to gain large amount of metres through the middle ..... AGAIN and win by 12 pts.
If Anderson gameplan stops wires getting large amount of metres, wires will throw it about and the game will be close, maybe decided in the last few mins
Best wishes to the Huddersfield fans travelling over.... Enjoy

Easy yards again.

With the extended period of lovely hot weather, could Sunday be the survival of the fittest ??
If so, my money's on the wires
Would like to know people's thoughts?

A make shift centre shows cudjoe isn't international class and brough isn't good enough when it matters.

Good call and many thanks, I'm so looking forward to this game.... I've loved wembley over the last few years and ive said I'd swap them all for a GF * but 3 days away from the game, I've changed my opinion, Wembley is amazing!!!
* win

Only hull in our way, Royboy and OF may the best team win, one way or the other I'll be supporting one of us.

Nah, We'll win, don't worry, just enjoy a great game of rugby.
May the best team win.
I'd rather lose at the 1/4 than the semi or the final.
I'm impressed with you lot this year and as wellsy says, the cup needs new finalists.

Hope we now win it

#137 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,608 posts

Wire were different class, Their forwards were just too fast and too strong, When your pack is beaten to the extent that ours were ,your half backs are on a hiding to nothing, Whoever it was that said Forwards win the game , backs decide by how much, got it exactly right. It's looking like a Wigan Wolves final now and it would probably be the best game , but if the wolves v Hull game is at Huddersfield i shall be there shouting for Hull,

Well done Wolves that was a class performance, and the final score flattered us IMO, Just hope Lunt is OK.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#138 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,438 posts

I wouldn't argue with that but that doesn't make the decision right.

True it doesn't but it really didn't have a bearing on the game,so is it really worth debating?

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#139 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,608 posts

Wire were different class, Their forwards were just too fast and too strong, When your pack is beaten to the extent that ours were ,your half backs are on a hiding to nothing, Whoever it was that said Forwards win the game , backs decide by how much, got it exactly right. It's looking like a Wigan Wolves final now and it would probably be the best game , but if the wolves v Hull game is at Huddersfield i shall be there shouting for Hull,

Well done Wolves that was a class performance, and the final score flattered us IMO, Just hope Lunt is OK.

#140 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:01 PM