Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

15/07/13 - (CCQF) Wigan Warriors v Widnes Vikings - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more (14 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

2. Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points (2 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Widnes Vikings by 1 to 6 points (2 votes [8.33%])

5. Widnes Vikings by 7 to 12 points (4 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

6. Widnes Vikings by 13 points or more (2 votes [8.33%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 League Express

League Express
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:53 AM

Discuss the Tetley's Challenge Cup Quarter Final game between Wigan Warriors v Widnes Vikings here.

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#2 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

I can't see anything other than a comfortable Wigan win i'm afraid....
Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#3 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

Widnes had 33 missed tackles v Wakefield in Monday's game.
Similar at Wigan and an easy Wigan win.

#4 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,268 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:39 PM

Widnes are a dangerous side with nothing to lose and can score points. If Sam plays we should be good.

#5 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

well no sam, no lockers, and no luaki, logan banned, so similar team as against bradford with just goulding coming back, wigan were terrible against bradford if they play the same this game could be tight.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#6 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

Wigan by 6 pts

#7 Father Ted

Father Ted
  • Coach
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:16 PM

Sam is back, so is Mossop and Mic Mac is fit again.
Lockers being saved for the Saints game the following Monday.
My guess at the Wigan team -

Tomkins,
Charnley, Goulding, Gelling, Richards.
Green, Smith,
Crosby, McIlorum, Dudson,
Hansen, Farrell,
Tuson,
Bench - Mossop, Flower, S Powell, Thornley.

That team will play better than last week's squad v Bradford.

#8 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,757 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:25 PM

Wigan by 28
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#9 League Express

League Express
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

Belief the key in Challenge Cup for Vikings

Widnes stand-off Kevin Brown is hoping the Tetlley’s Challenge Cup will weave its magic again when the Vikings look to upset the formbook by defeating competition favourites Wigan Warriors in Monday night’s televised quarter-final at DW Stadium (8.00).
The Vikings will head for Wigan as massive underdogs but Brown insists he and his team-mates will not be short of either confidence or self-belief.
Widnes have not reached Wembley since 1984 – the year Brown was born – and the former Wigan junior is determined to do all he can to end that long 29-year wait.
“There aren’t many clubs who have a better Cup pedigree than Widnes and it would be great if we could win the Challenge Cup to put in our trophy cabinet,” he said.
“The Challenge Cup is really special to me, some of my best career memories are playing in the competition and I’m hoping to add to those this year.
“All the attention is on Wigan, there’s no pressure on us as everybody is writing us off. That’s good for us as we can go there feeling relaxed and enjoy it, but make no mistake we are going there to win and we will give it our best shot.
“Wigan have been the best team in Rugby League for the last few years but the beauty of the Challenge Cup is that it’s one game and anything can happen.
“It’s a long time since I played for Wigan but I still have friends there and enjoy playing at the stadium. It will be a great occasion on Monday night, we expect it to be tough but there has been numerous shocks in the Challenge Cup over the years and we are hoping that there will be another one on Monday night.
“I’ve played in the Cup final twice, once for Wigan and once for Huddersfield so I’m hoping it might be my year this year.
“When Huddersfield reached the final I think we were third from bottom and I’ve told the Widnes boys that, in the Challenge Cup it’s how you play in that one game and anyone can beat anyone in this competition.
“We are expecting a really good atmosphere on Monday night, our fans are great and really get behind us so we will be trying to get the win to repay them for all their support.”

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#10 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 468 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

Widnes have not reached Wembley since 1984 – the year Brown was born

I'm sure I went there in 1993 watching Widnes or was that just a dream ;)

#11 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:22 PM

I'm sure I went there in 1993 watching Widnes or was that just a dream ;)

Not a dream....I was there too.....though we got beat by wigan so more of a nightmare really....

#12 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

we can do it, just cut out the stupid errors and match wigan and dare to dream........
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#13 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

Good luck to the Chemics.

I'm going to have a few quid on them as there is the whiff of an upset about this one....

#14 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

Come on Widnes, You can do it.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#15 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

Come on Widnes, You can do it.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#16 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,024 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

Good luck to the Chemics.

I'm going to have a few quid on them as there is the whiff of an upset about this one....

Aye, you'll be upset about losing a few quid.

RyanBailey_2640424.jpg

"Nobody told me there were two teams called Rovers, I thought I'd signed for Fev..."

#17 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:50 PM

Mystic Meg says the following " The Vikings will beat Wigan tomorrow evening, London in the Semi, and Wire in the Final!   :tease:

Widnes - Super League's newest Club, and Cheshire's Original Glamour Club. Watch out Warrington, we're back !

#18 Bomb Jack

Bomb Jack
  • Coach
  • 2,029 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

Mystic Meg says the following " The Vikings will beat Wigan tomorrow evening, London in the Semi, and Wire in the Final!   :tease:

#19 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 786 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:09 PM

Aye, you'll be upset about losing a few quid.

I will pinch it out of next weeks housekeeping and hope the boss does not notice!

I'll be happy if its competitive

#20 The Big Gun

The Big Gun
  • Coach
  • 434 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

At home and in excellent conditions Wigan should beat Widnes by 30+.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users