Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

15/07/13 - (CCQF) Wigan Warriors v Widnes Vikings - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more (14 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

2. Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points (2 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Widnes Vikings by 1 to 6 points (2 votes [8.33%])

5. Widnes Vikings by 7 to 12 points (4 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

6. Widnes Vikings by 13 points or more (2 votes [8.33%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,814 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:47 PM

Four Widnes mistakes have resulted in four Wigan tries. They also give away far too many penalties. Do that against anyone and you will get stuffed!

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#42 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,929 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

My. favourite touch judge nearly gets trampled on.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#43 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:57 PM

Yarbles

#44 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 925 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

Jesus Christ this is embarrassing - watch the 4 quarters again and compare them to 5/6 years ago -- no comparison - some awful sides in super league I'm afraid - getting bored of it being in the tv

Sorry mate I don't agree, I think SL is at its most competitive right now. You only have to look at the small winning margin between these two in the league last time out (albeit Wigan had a weakened team). I think most teams apart from bottom two are capable of beating anyone this season.

#45 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:03 PM

Farrell lost that

#46 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

Sorry mate I don't agree, I think SL is at its most competitive right now. You only have to look at the small winning margin between these two in the league last time out (albeit Wigan had a weakened team). I think most teams apart from bottom two are capable of beating anyone this season.

Yeah when if I remember rightly wigan had half a team!!! There's 4 teams in super league - rest are awful safe in that they're nicely stuck in the league with no trap door :)

#47 JonNgog

JonNgog
  • Coach
  • 489 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

Widnes are no better than last year IMO...

#48 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,814 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

Two forward passes in that Wigan try...

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#49 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,929 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:21 PM

Like Wigan are gonna get pulled for a forward pass at the DW.

Edited by Old Frightful, 15 July 2013 - 08:22 PM.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#50 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 925 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

I know this is a blowout score but I'm still enjoying the game. I normally switch off but Widnes are fighting and the atmosphere also seems decent with such a small crowd.

#51 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,466 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:25 PM

Telescope Tony stays strangely quiet.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#52 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,023 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

Shame on you!
I must say, considering the complete lack of competitive action from early on, and the many mistakes, the commentators have been refreshingly entertaining. We have just been faster, and made fewer errors.

#53 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,827 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

Dave, you can't surely penalise the tackler for making a good tackle and forcing the ball out. It was poor play by handbury, he was too slow and hesitant in making the pass.

My issue is more with the rule. The interpretation appears to be that if he had touched the ball after the pass then it's a knock on, yet that doesn't make much sense to me. If a player is not looking at the ball then it is the same thing whether a player is holding it or just passed it.

They made the changes as defenders were attacking the ball but not looking at it and it became difficult to judge, if Hanbury had released the ball a second earlier and it touched Smith's hands then it would have been disallowed, even though the defenders intentions were exactly the same.

#54 Townfan10

Townfan10
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

What a load of rubbish - I'm sorry but this is ment to be top class rugby league !! God for bid a cup quarter final

#55 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,929 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

Why doesn't someone with a microphone point out it's the pressure from the Wigan defence that has created most, if not all, the Widnes errors that have led to Wigan's tries.

#56 Southerner

Southerner
  • Coach
  • 925 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:35 PM

Great effort by the Widnes fans, that's top support.

#57 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,827 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

Jeez, Widnes need to do a bit of hard work instead of all the fancy trick plays!

#58 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,827 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:38 PM

Why doesn't someone with a microphone point out it's the pressure from the Wigan defence that has created most, if not all, the Widnes errors that have led to Wigan's tries.

TBH I think Widnes have been their own worst enemies, they have actually made a lot of breaks. Wigan's defence has just done their job, it's not like they have been aggressive and bullied Widnes, they have simply held their position and allowed Widnes to make their mistakes as they have played the game tactically wrong. Charnley took his tries very well.

#59 robinson2

robinson2
  • Coach
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

I've been getting some negative texts from my mates about this game but at least they're watching on a Monday night. A shame it couldn't have been more of a spectacle with a better crowd but Wigan have punished the numerous Widnes errors and the Vikings have been guilty of overplaying against one of the top sides in the country.

Great defence there and look how the other Wigan players acknowledge it as well. Charnley is outstanding - can't wait to see him in the World Cup.

#60 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,827 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:40 PM

Jesus Christ this is embarrassing - watch the 4 quarters again and compare them to 5/6 years ago -- no comparison - some awful sides in super league I'm afraid - getting bored of it being in the tv

Don't talk wet.

The current league positions show that the QF's were made up of:

1st

2nd

3rd

5th

8th

11th

14th

15th

Hardly the best line up ever, a lot of it down to the luck of the draw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users