Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

15/07/13 - (CCQF) Wigan Warriors v Widnes Vikings - KO 8pm (Sky Sports)

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (24 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Wigan Warriors by 13 points or more (14 votes [58.33%])

Percentage of vote: 58.33%

2. Wigan Warriors by 7 to 12 points (2 votes [8.33%])

Percentage of vote: 8.33%

3. Wigan Warriors by 1 to 6 points (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Widnes Vikings by 1 to 6 points (2 votes [8.33%])

5. Widnes Vikings by 7 to 12 points (4 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

6. Widnes Vikings by 13 points or more (2 votes [8.33%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:41 PM

Jeez, Widnes need to do a bit of hard work instead of all the fancy trick plays!

Couldn't agree more!

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#62 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

Did you see that O F? Did you?

#63 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,600 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

Charnley is a cheeky little ###### and that is what makes him a class player and someone the game needs to get in the media more.

#64 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,664 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

Aye, you woz wobbed!

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#65 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 4,701 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

:D

First in six years! ;)

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#66 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

Aye, you woz wobbed!

Thaler upped his game after your stinging criticism.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#67 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:06 PM

Telescope Tony stays strangely quiet.

Eh?  :notme:

What have I missed? Not watching the game. Working. And I haven't got a telescope.  :scout:

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#68 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,664 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

Eh? :notme:

What have I missed? Not watching the game. Working. And I haven't got a telescope. :scout:

No, it was most unfair of the judge to order it to be confiscated.

How are those new binoculars?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#69 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

Widnes were awful tonight. They gave away half those tries and seemed to be playing ridiculous catch up rugby too early. Some of there players didn't look interested either, and Hanbury seemed a very selfish player and is Mellor incapable of dropping on a ball!?

Still, I think it leaves us with some interesting semi finals and potentially a great final!
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#70 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,664 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

Still, I think it leaves us with some interesting semi finals and potentially a great final!

And just how many semi finals do you think there are going to be?

#71 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,328 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

Eh?  :notme:

What have I missed? Not watching the game. Working. And I haven't got a telescope.  :scout:

Think of it as a compliment, Tony.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#72 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

And just how many semi finals do you think there are going to be?

More than one.
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#73 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

we were dreadful at times and no team can be allowed to give wigan such a start, they were ruthless in their execution of our mistakes, all shaping up for a pies v wire final again. as for joey mellor the lad made one mistake which unfortunately led to a try, and i bet 95% of teams in super league would love to have the greedy rhys hanbury..................that said my widnes man of the match was the brilliant phil joseph, if there is a better impact prop in the top flight this season i have yeat to see him.....
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#74 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:48 AM

It's always interesting to watch the interplay of the 5 key play makers. I think Wigan are so much stronger when O'Loughlin plays, but am not sure why. Maybe I don't understand the game well enough.

If Sky think we were resting players with next Monday's ambush in mind, they will have a shock when we turn out our A team again.

#75 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,456 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

It's always interesting to watch the interplay of the 5 key play makers. I think Wigan are so much stronger when O'Loughlin plays, but am not sure why. Maybe I don't understand the game well enough.

If Sky think we were resting players with next Monday's ambush in mind, they will have a shock when we turn out our A team again.

I think it could because he plays a bit of a dual role; willing and able to mix it in the forward battle, but also able to play as an extra link player when needed. Must be tricky for defences to pin him down as you're never quite sure what he will do.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#76 Wollo Wollo Wayoo

Wollo Wollo Wayoo
  • Coach
  • 513 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

I think it could because he plays a bit of a dual role; willing and able to mix it in the forward battle, but also able to play as an extra link player when needed. Must be tricky for defences to pin him down as you're never quite sure what he will do.

I think if you're a betting man, a couple of quid on a few head high tackles is a banker. :biggrin:

Edited by Wollo Wollo Wayoo, 16 July 2013 - 01:47 PM.

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013 & 2014

#77 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,456 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

I think if you're a betting man, a couple of quid on a few head high tackles is a banker.

His technique has got much better over the last couple of years and doesn't come up with very many these days. But then again he did get pinged for one early on last night, just for old times sake :)

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#78 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

He only does them now out of a sense of duty to the fans who have followd him over the years. It's his version of Don McLean playing American Pie long after he has begun to hate the thing. When I took my auntie to see him play in Southport a few years ago, he introduced AP with "if I'd known I'd have to play this every night for the rest of my life I would not have written it..." which brought a chorus of furrowed brows from his adoring fans.

#79 Bomballey

Bomballey
  • Coach
  • 748 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:11 AM

He only does them now out of a sense of duty to the fans who have followd him over the years. It's his version of Don McLean playing American Pie long after he has begun to hate the thing. When I took my auntie to see him play in Southport a few years ago, he introduced AP with "if I'd known I'd have to play this every night for the rest of my life I would not have written it..." which brought a chorus of furrowed brows from his adoring fans.

".... Those good old boys were eating wonderful pies...."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users